Fantasmic vs Galactic Spectacular

glk2009

DIS Veteran
First of all, I just need to have a longer Disney trip.

Second, I need help deciding on which of these shows to sacrifice.

We plan to arrive late afternoon at HS on our first Disney day. We have three FPs (no tier 1s bc it is the first day of our FP window). We were hoping to take advantage of “lower” crowds at the end of the day while everyone is at one of the shows.

And then for our full HS day, I have Fantasmic planned.

But I am torn. DD12 and DH are big SW fans and I think they would enjoy the SW show. And we’ve seen Fantasmic but never SW.

So, if you could only pick one, which would you pick? Or would you just do the SW show on our first day and not try to do any rides beyond our FPs?

And I realize it could all be so different after March 4th.

TIA!!!

Sounds like you need to do the Star Wars fireworks one night. You can get a spot fairly easily without much waiting.

as long as you are in line for a ride at the minute park closes, they will let you ride it!

Sounds like you need to do the Star Wars fireworks one night. You can get a spot fairly easily without much waiting.

as long as you are in line for a ride at the minute park closes, they will let you ride it!

Any suggestions on a good last minute spot?

Would love to jump in one last line, but for now our park hours for both days have the shows at 8:30 and the park closing at 8:30. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ll be keeping an eye out on changes to the hours.

Thanks!!!

I would try SW since you fans in the family and you’ve already seen F!
How will you know which you like better if you don’t experience both? And I would definitely do rides with short lines on your other HS day.
You could always ask your family what they would prefer also.

Star Wars is a really good show. Anywhere in front of the theater with an open view. It plays across a wide area. SW fans will love it.

We usually try to stand in the back of the front section near the tape in front of the Chinese theatre. That way we can usually have a little space and adjust around taller people. They CM tape off a walkway that runs across the park to keep people moving. Once you are in the tape you are fine.

I would try SW since you fans in the family and you’ve already seen F!
How will you know which you like better if you don’t experience both? And I would definitely do rides with short lines on your other HS day.
You could always ask your family what they would prefer also.

Ask my family?!?!? I probably should. But I usually get three different answers, lol. 😂

Any suggestions on a good last minute spot?

Would love to jump in one last line, but for now our park hours for both days have the shows at 8:30 and the park closing at 8:30. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ll be keeping an eye out on changes to the hours.

Thanks!!!

I hate to be a negative Nelly, but with the park closing at 8:30 and the shows at 8:30, you're not going to get much of a crowd break. UNLESS you mean the Star Wars show is at 8:30 and F! is earlier, then you will get a bit of a break from about 7:30 onward. I would plan my last ride for around 8:00 (as in, be ON the ride at 8:00) and then make my way toward the area around the Chinese theater. So, make that last ride somewhere close to there.

I hate to be a negative Nelly, but with the park closing at 8:30 and the shows at 8:30, you're not going to get much of a crowd break. UNLESS you mean the Star Wars show is at 8:30 and F! is earlier, then you will get a bit of a break from about 7:30 onward. I would plan my last ride for around 8:00 (as in, be ON the ride at 8:00) and then make my way toward the area around the Chinese theater. So, make that last ride somewhere close to there.

Sadly both shows are at 8:30 for both of my HS days.

Thanks for the timing tip!

I wish they offered a dining pkg similar to F! for a reserved viewing area.

We always pick the SW show. Haven't been to Fantasmic in years. We like Fantasmic - but the whole experiences irritates us. We see no point in getting there THAT early to get a good seat, the forced order of how to fill the seats by CM's, the fact the water screens are crap if you don't have a good angle, the crowd getting out - it's just unpleasant. We find we can get a great spot for the SW show just 10-20 minutes in advance. For SW fans - it's a must, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter