Fantasmic with 4yr and almost 2yr

Biddler

Mouseketeer
Were debating on taking our kids to the Fantasmic show at MGM. Anyone gone with the two ages that we have? I was thinking my DH could take our DS age 4, and I could stay back at the BWV with our DD age 2. I am thinking it might be a little too intense for her. I was just watching the advertising video that we got in the mail and he went nuts when he saw the Villians. Any thoughts?;)

I have two sons that were that age the last time we went. But I think it all depends on where you sit (The front you get a light mist of water on you, which some kids don't like that) also how they react to fire (There is some that goes in the water in front of where your sitting).

My sons did just great , but I also saw kids around us that were terrified!! If this is their 1st time seeing it...I would sit towards the back and if one of them (or both) feels they don't like it you can get up and leave.

(Word of advice is if one does get p and leave pick a spot after the show to meet..it gets to be a real zoo getting out of there :) )

I hope this helps,
Savs

My older DD has gone at ages 4 and 5 and liked it but covered her ears a couple of times and didn't like getting wet.

Our younger DD tried it at age 1 and 2 and slept through most of it at age 1 and was hysterical at age 2 so we didn't even try at age 3...She is a child who doesn't like loud noise or the dark though and doesn't like fireworks. Every child is different.

Good luck!

The first time we went, ds was 4 and dd was 1, no problems. The second time we went, ds was 6 and dd was 2 1/2, still no problems. My son gets scared very easily too, but we didn't have any problems. We do get each child a light up toy they can turn on whenever they want and that seems to help with anything dark, like rides or Fantasmic.

We haven't had any problems yet. DD went when she was 20 months old, 2 and 2 1/2. Each time she sat on Daddy's lap. The last time she covered her eyes a couple of times but didn't act or say anything that made me think she was scared. I was actually surprised because it's VERY loud. My DS (hee hee) was 2 1/2 months and 7 months both times he "saw" it... both times he slept through the whole thing. Again, amazing considering how loud it is!

My DD6 was 3 the first time she saw Fantasmic. It was our first trip and we didn't know what to expect. She was really afraid of the villains and got upset for Mickey. I told her that Disney is a happy place and I was sure that everything would turn out okay in the end. She hid her eyes during some parts but when it was over she told me it was great! She still hides her eyes but she really loves the show. It is one of the things she gets really excited about when she tells people about her trip.

A tip. Do not sit down front or down wind. You will get wet. A waitress at the Brown Derby told us to sit down front because of the fire. Well we did that (it was a cold night and thought it would keep us warm). No one told us that it is mostly a water show and we were rained on.
My DD4 had to leave because it was too cold and wet. She did have to turn away at some times because she was scared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter