Fantastic or Galactic Spectacular?

krismom345

Mouseketeer
Only doing one day at the Studios this trip... and I’m realizing that we can’t do both nighttime shows. We’ve seen Fantasmic a bunch of times (and always enjoy it!) but think my boys (17,17,15) would like the Star Wars show. Fantasmic is at 8:30 / Star Wars at 9:00- park closes at 8:30.

Any advice on whether The Star Wars show is worth skipping fantasmic for?
°o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o°

Only doing one day at the Studios this trip... and I’m realizing that we can’t do both nighttime shows. We’ve seen Fantasmic a bunch of times (and always enjoy it!) but think my boys (17,17,15) would like the Star Wars show. Fantasmic is at 8:30 / Star Wars at 9:00- park closes at 8:30.

My 15 and 19 yr olds would say, "YES!" We really enjoyed SWG. It's done very well. If you had never seen F!, I'd probably say do that, but since you've seen it a bunch of times, you need to see SWG at least once.

OMG! Off topic - hope it is okay to ask you - How did you make the Mickey ear symbol? I love it! I researched how to make the "degree" symbol in Word. When I use the symbol with lower case "o", the lower case "o" is too big. Maybe another font?

Also, DD and I are choosing Star Wars this time. She has not seen it. F! is great, but Star Wars is good for a change.

OMG! Off topic - hope it is okay to ask you - How did you make the Mickey ear symbol? I love it! I researched how to make the "degree" symbol in Word. When I use the symbol with lower case "o", the lower case "o" is too big. Maybe another font?
First you make the ear on the left side. On a PC, press and hold the ALT key – and on the number pad press 1 6 7 and then release all the keys. You should now see the left ear.
Then you can use a lowercase o, a zero, or a capital O for the head.Then just repeat the ALT 1 6 7 to create the ear on the right. °o° ºoº

In my opinion yes skip Fantasmic and see Galactic Spectacular! Galactic Spectacular is just awesome! I was amazed at seeing it. Fantasmic cannot even compete with Galactic Spectacular.

How early do you need to be to get a decent spot for the Star Wars show?
Hmmm I'm not sure because we did the dessert party. I know you do not have to get there as early as they do for Magic Kingdoms fireworks show. I would guess about 30 minutes before. Maybe someone who has done it can correct me if I'm wrong.

Since you haven't seen it, I would definitely opt for it. The bonus for me is that we've never arrived more than 5/10 minutes prior and gotten a great spot, while Fantasmic takes so much time commitment to get a decent spot.

It's a great show!

It really depends on which you like better. If you have seen Fantasmic before and your kids want to see Star Wars, that's where i would go.
Its much easier to get a good viewing spot for the Star Wars show than Fantasmic close to show time.
We have arrived about 15 minutes before the Star Wars show and been able to get a very good viewing spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter