• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy 1/22/22 SWDAS Itinerary Change to Western

Sure the ports changed. But time away with family and friends is priceless. Or how about not having to cook, do dishes, multiple desserts, daily drink specials, the sun, unlimited Coke products, shrimp, etc… The list goes on. Give it a chance, this may be the best cruise you’ve ever taken!

You can cancel or reschedule the cruise, sure. But that doesn't help you with flights, hotels, insurance, on-board booking discounts, etc. You're on your own for all of that.

In theory, the trip insurance should cover the flights and hotels, shouldn't it?

In theory, the trip insurance should cover the flights and hotels, shouldn't it?

Why? The cruise wasn't canceled.

But I guess that depends on your trip insurance. Some probably will cover it since you're canceling (or rescheduling). Others won't.

Hi.

We are also a bit disappointed in the change, but this gives a reason to take another cruise to the Virgin Islands later! We are still looking forward to get on a ship and visit a few places, relax while at Sea.

We fly in on Friday, drive rental to port on Sat. Here’s what we are not sure of…
We have a PAT for 11AM. Do we arrive earlier than that to get the Covid test so to be ready to board at 11? Or does that mean we cannot get tested until 11AM?

Thanks for the help!

Hi.

We are also a bit disappointed in the change, but this gives a reason to take another cruise to the Virgin Islands later! We are still looking forward to get on a ship and visit a few places, relax while at Sea.

We fly in on Friday, drive rental to port on Sat. Here’s what we are not sure of…
We have a PAT for 11AM. Do we arrive earlier than that to get the Covid test so to be ready to board at 11? Or does that mean we cannot get tested until 11AM?

Thanks for the help!

Arrive at 11. They'll test you and do all that fun stuff starting at that time.

Sure the ports changed. But time away with family and friends is priceless. Or how about not having to cook, do dishes, multiple desserts, daily drink specials, the sun, unlimited Coke products, shrimp, etc… The list goes on. Give it a chance, this may be the best cruise you’ve ever taken!
Trying to take this approach. And we really did expect this. The frustration is with the Port Adventures. We spent a lot of time researching and deciding what we wanted to do. I am in treatment for Leukemia so there are many factors when deciding on a Port Adventure. With this change, we have lost all of our prior research and can't really look into anything new as we don't know what will be offered.

We understand the need to be flexible.....but at the same time with the price we are paying (concierge) and my limitations, the Port Adventure switch is really throwing us.

Trying to take this approach. And we really did expect this. The frustration is with the Port Adventures. We spent a lot of time researching and deciding what we wanted to do. I am in treatment for Leukemia so there are many factors when deciding on a Port Adventure. With this change, we have lost all of our prior research and can't really look into anything new as we don't know what will be offered.

We understand the need to be flexible.....but at the same time with the price we are paying (concierge) and my limitations, the Port Adventure switch is really throwing us.
You completely deserve a great trip! It will be great in unexpected ways. We loved Costa Maya! Big huge free pool and a bird sanctuary made of robe bridges above the “town”. Our port adventure was canceled there and it ended up being one of our favorite stops!

You can cancel or reschedule the cruise, sure. But that doesn't help you with flights, hotels, insurance, on-board booking discounts, etc. You're on your own for all of that.

exactly. If this was us, we would’ve already been in florida and my daughter and her family would’ve been ready for her flight the next day. We booked our cruise 18 months ago. While my husband & I cruised this fall, my daughter and the grandkids haven’t cruised for 3 years. Their last cruise was western caribean. They dont want to go there. I know this is no one fault, but 2-3 days notice stinks.

There's no guarantee that any specific port adventure will be offered, but here are the lists of what DCL usually offers. Some of them are seasonal. Others might be canceled because of Covid-19 or staff shortages or whatever. But, you can see what's what so that you have an easier time booking onboard later.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/caribbean/list/costa-maya-mexico/https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/caribbean/list/cozumel-mexico/

Can someone remind me what the ports were for The 1/22 Eastern? - Our 2/5 Eastern is Tortola, St. Thomas and CC. St. Thomas doesn't look like it will happen, but Tortola has been open. I wonder if the itinerary for 1/22 was St Maarten and St. Thomas that both of those ports are Covid restricted, so thus the change?

I'm hoping the 2/5 will Go to Tortola and give us the bonus CC day like the one a couple of weeks ago?

Can someone remind me what the ports were for The 1/22 Eastern? - Our 2/5 Eastern is Tortola, St. Thomas and CC. St. Thomas doesn't look like it will happen, but Tortola has been open. I wonder if the itinerary for 1/22 was St Maarten and St. Thomas that both of those ports are Covid restricted, so thus the change?

I'm hoping the 2/5 will Go to Tortola and give us the bonus CC day like the one a couple of weeks ago?
The 1/22 Eastern was supposed to go to St Thomas, Tortola, and CC.

What about the Fantasy cruise on 1/29? I think it's supposed to go to Grand Cayman, which we know is closed, Cozumel (open), but what about Jamaica?? Does Jamaica want us? lol

I hope that you are able to find excursions that you can enjoy with your health, and that this turns into a wonderful cruise for you after all.

Any chance you can tell us which excursions are available after it opens for you to book? We are on the next Eastern, so I'm guessing we may end up in the same situation. I know they won't offer all the excursions listed on the website, so hoping to narrow down options for research.

For those on February eastern cruises, as a reminder, DCL has a flexible sail date policy 15 days or more ahead, you can change to another cruise. It can even be same dates on a different ship if you want to keep vacation days due to work or school time off. We booked an eastern on the Fantasy largely for the ports, and after the 12/26 cruise when it became obvious USVI was a big gamble, we switched to a Magic double dip a few weeks later. Booked southwest so changing flights was easy. Most hotels are not nonrefundable until a week ahead. Not saying it would work for everyone but since a lot of people posting here are on February sailings and nervous, I’d highly recommend looking into it. The sense of relief when we rebooked was awesome.

We're on the Fantasy now and had our itinerary changed to Western also at the last minute. Here are the excursions that were available for the new itinerary:

Cozumel:
  • Alibriejie Painting Workshop
  • All Inclusive Passion Island by Power Catamaran
  • All Inclusive Passion Island by Twister
  • All Terrain Buggy & Snorkel
  • Best of Cozumel: Honey, chocolate & Tequila Experience
  • Blue Water Sea Trek Helmet Dive & Snorkel
  • Certified Scuba Tour
  • Chocolate Workshop, Tasting & Wine Pairing
  • Chocolate & Pinata Seaside Workshop
  • Clear Kayak & Beach Snorkel Combo
  • Cozumel Ruins, Chocolate & Beach Break
  • Cozumel Beach Break
  • Discover Scuba Diving Cozumel
  • Dolphin Discovery Observer, Lunch & Drinks
  • Dolphin Encounter at Dolphinaris All Inclusive
  • Dolphin Encounter, Lunch & Drinks
  • Dolphin Observer at Dolphinaris
  • Dolphin Swim at Dolphinaris
  • Dolphin Swim, Lunch & Drinks
  • Dune Buggy & Beach Snorkel Combo
  • Eco Park & Snorkel
  • Everybody Loves Ray's
  • Fury Catamaran Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party
  • Jeep Exploration
  • Off Road ATV & Beach Break - Passenger
  • Off Road ATV & Beach Break - Single Rider
  • Salsa & Salsa
  • Snuba Cozumel
  • Speed Boat Beach Escape
  • 3 Reef Snorkel
Costa Maya:
  • Chacchoben Deluxe
  • Chacchoben Mayan Ruins
  • Dolphin Encounter Costa Maya
  • Dolphin Swim Costa Maya
  • Glass Bottom Boat & Snorkel
  • Salsa Cooking & Dancing with Beach Break
  • The Mayans Through the Ages
I don't know if this will happen for your cruise but we're only in Costa Maya till 12:30pm today.

What about the Fantasy cruise on 1/29? I think it's supposed to go to Grand Cayman, which we know is closed, Cozumel (open), but what about Jamaica?? Does Jamaica want us? lol
Jamaica has been welcoming cruise ships recently, although that could obviously change. The MSC Seashore ported in Ocho Rios a few days ago.

I can not believe Disney didn’t know before we sailed 1/8 that they would negate our St.Thomas port 1/12 when our PCR tests were only useful for 3 days according to St. Thomas health requirements. Exactly what other outcome could happen? The Fantasy cruise the week before had been canceled. Had they expected St. Thomas to change their minds during our cruise? Seems like a decision from St. Thomas was a long term safety declaration for them giving ships time to rebook other ports if they needed. I would have definitely got off the ship if I knew Tortola was my only port outside of CC. Mistake was mine though to make.

You completely deserve a great trip! It will be great in unexpected ways. We loved Costa Maya! Big huge free pool and a bird sanctuary made of robe bridges above the “town”. Our port adventure was canceled there and it ended up being one of our favorite stops!
Oooooh - can you tell me more about this bird sanctuary? Hoping that our stop at Grand Cayman (which of course hasn't been announced yet) will result in a Costa Maya stop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter