Fantasy 2/5 Sailing Modified (Mexico + Bahamas)

So frustrating; on this cruise and knew this was likely going to happen. I have the same questions about why DCL can't go there but others are? Maybe it's because DCL ships are less full than the others?
On a recent Ben and David vlog (love their videos) they were on RCCL and learned that RCCL was docking two ships at a time in the middle of the night at Coco Cay and swapping Covid-positive crew out for Covid-negative ones between the ships, so that the ship that had an upcoming port stop could meet the 1% thresholds set by islands, then doing the same thing again with the next ship—like pass the parcel but with coronavirus. Disney doesn’t have a dock for two ships so can’t do that little trick, but I’d like to think they wouldn’t if they could because :crazy2:

The only move on mine I don’t love is that my Palo brunch was moved to Nassau day vs a sea day. Normally we would just stay on the ship for Nassau, but we’re traveling with first time cruisers who will likely want to go exploring. Hopefully we’ll be able to move it when we board, but if not, we’ll make it work and have a great time no matter what!

The only move on mine I don’t love is that my Palo brunch was moved to Nassau day vs a sea day. Normally we would just stay on the ship for Nassau, but we’re traveling with first time cruisers who will likely want to go exploring. Hopefully we’ll be able to move it when we board, but if not, we’ll make it work and have a great time no matter what!

I'll take your Palo brunch if you don't want it. :)

I'll take your Palo brunch if you don't want it. :)

They moved our Palo brunch to Nassau day as well. On Nassau days we usually try to go to John Watling's Distillery for a bit before it gets too busy. So we're hoping to move it to the next day to be on a sea day. I'm betting because of how they moved these, and folks wanting to go to Nassau, you'll be able to get a brunch reservation if you're willing to stay on the ship that day.

Seriously considering rescheduling because of this news… anyone else?
We thought about it, but we're OK seeing the Mayan ruins and doing a beach / swim / snorkel thing in Cozumel. Disappointed for sure, but 3 days away and the logistics of rescheduling are just too difficult for us (flying in, night before on WDW property, etc.).

We are just rolling with the punches at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter