Fantasy Deck 7 Cabin issues?

We have sailed on Deck 10 about 6 times all the way forward on Starboard side. We are under the Rainforest though and it is super quiet.

I didn't find being forward Deck 10, starboard, quiet at all. I was awakened every morning at 7 am by people who think they have to drop free weights onto the carpet-covered steel decks while working out or that they have to pound the treadmill like they have lead diving boots on. It was ridiculous. Add on the fact that most, if not all, of the verandahs don't open to each other even if you have a connecting room, and deck 10 is a no-go for us ever again.

Reality "Check",, LOL,, 3 cabins we paid for with a large "Check". Ill give it up due to your thought, na don't think so.

Do You realize it was easy for you to type out that comment, however harsh you sounded. Was that your intention to be flippant and mean spirited?

For all. after 3 hours, many back and forth convo's, 2 Supervisors, we are now all on deck 8.

So , instead of checking out, we got a resolution that fit our needs.

Note to all, never give up, even if its Disney. They made it Right for us.

BTW,, I do wonder if our cabins will now have new residents in them when we board. Na,, don't care,,

I'm really glad you got some cabins you will be happy with. This happened to us recently at a hotel at WDW, not DCL, but when you book exactly what you want it's not always an upgrade when you are moved, no matter if other people are willing to pay more for those rooms. Hope you have a nice cruise.

Hi,,
It was more the OP's reaction to people's initial logical responses to why cabins could be changed - they didn't like what they read and got all defensive which set things rolling.

Bottom line is DCL is not going to randomly change cabins - there is a reason they do it.

(And unless I missed it, the OP never said *where* on Deck 10 they were reassigned. Not ALL of Deck 10 is under the pool deck or Cabanas.)

Hi,, Peace n Love,, however thats about all we have in common... Disney is a corporation. I'm a stockholder after all. It has its faults,, really does,, :) And I spend my cash with them,, and we are Happy, Now. If you do not speak up you will be ,,,, Later,, well,, Na...

I didn't find being forward Deck 10, starboard, quiet at all. I was awakened every morning at 7 am by people who think they have to drop free weights onto the carpet-covered steel decks while working out or that they have to pound the treadmill like they have lead diving boots on. It was ridiculous. Add on the fact that most, if not all, of the verandahs don't open to each other even if you have a connecting room, and deck 10 is a no-go for us ever again.

We are in the cabins directly under the Rainforest so no weight dropping for us.

If you can't take changes and/or financial loss then maybe cruising isn't for you!
More changes happen in cruise vacations than most other land vacations.
Like I said, if it's going to totally ruin it for someone, don't take the risk and don't cruise!
Empathy is always a good thing. But so is reality!

Having sailed 13 times with DCL( soon to be 14 and 15) in the past almost 4 years, I certainly know the financial aspect and reality that goes with cruising. That being said, in all our cruises we have never experienced having our cabin switched on us at all much less at 25 days before sailing. Reality is that he was upset and from posts after it is now resolved to his liking.
So I guess that is what really matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter