Fantasy January 23, 2016- STAR WARS

Does anyone know what night the formal night is?

Formal night is almost always the first sea day on a cruise. In the old days, I think it was to give passengers time to primp and preen for a truly formal event.

That said, I love that it's not mandatory! :)

LESS THAN THREE MONTHS! WOOHOO!

I signed up for the Stingray City Sandbar Snorkel in GeorgeTown. That might be our only formal excursion this trip, but we'll see what's left if we change our mind. Or not. I'm halfheartedly trying to convince my husband we should catch a taxi into San Miguel for shopping/lunch. There's probably enough shopping in the port area (er, does anyone know which pier we're going to be at?) that he'll probably just roll his eyes at me. :)

edit: Hmm, looks like a better location than the times we were there with RCI - at the Punta Langosta pier. Whee! No taxi needed! I WIN!

Last edited:
We are interested in a dolphin experience that the kids can enjoy (ages 5&6). Any veteran cruisers have an opinion? Dolphin Encounter and Turtle Farm, Dolphin Observer& Stingray City or Dolphin Discovery at Cozumel? We would like to get in the water with the Dolphins and kids are okay with the idea.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Also, are the Atlantis sub rides good? Mixed reviews on trip advisor....

Question.....is anyone here into CrossFit? I'd love to hit the Xfit gyms in Cozumel & Grand Cayman but wondering if there's any other addicts out there who might be interested as well?!?!

Hello,
My wife and I had this cruise booked but we had to switch to a shorter cruise so we're going to the Bahamas on the Dream 1/22 to 1/25 instead. I know this is annoying, but I thought I'd ask. if anyone can help me get a few of the pins I would gladly help someone with pins from California. I have a Disneyland AP and can get 20% off. I will also be at WDW the week after my cruise ends so if anyone is going to WDW after this SWDAS cruise I'll be there to meet and swap! My pass also gets discounts on souvenirs in FL since I have a premiere pass.

So I am not trying to get freebies, but if someone can help me get the SWDAS name badge pin with the Aurabesh. That is my most wanted. Anything else would be cool but I'm not gonna bug you all. It would be great if you knew someone named Mark that doesn't want their pin (Since you have to get the cruisers name only.) But I'll take any name you can get! I collect these name tags and have everyone from Star Wars Weekend, Star Wars Celebration and Star Tours.

If anyone can help me out please PM me. Or I'll be over in the Dream 1/22/16 cruise thread. I'll gladly paypal way upfront and help out with anything from California! If you're a pin person I have tons of LE pins for trade too!

Thanks Everyone! Sorry for the panhandle :(
-Mark

Formal night is almost always the first sea day on a cruise. In the old days, I think it was to give passengers time to primp and preen for a truly formal event.

That said, I love that it's not mandatory! :)
yes, it's nice that if guests don't want to participate there are other venues to eat in including room service. It's great when everyone who wants to come to the dining room dresses up - it's lovely to see everyone dressed up, the pictures are terrific and it's so respectful of the beautiful ship, cast members and fellow passengers too! Just a "perfect circle" of perfection!

Hello,
My wife and I had this cruise booked but we had to switch to a shorter cruise so we're going to the Bahamas on the Dream 1/22 to 1/25 instead. I know this is annoying, but I thought I'd ask. if anyone can help me get a few of the pins I would gladly help someone with pins from California. I have a Disneyland AP and can get 20% off. I will also be at WDW the week after my cruise ends so if anyone is going to WDW after this SWDAS cruise I'll be there to meet and swap! My pass also gets discounts on souvenirs in FL since I have a premiere pass.

So I am not trying to get freebies, but if someone can help me get the SWDAS name badge pin with the Aurabesh. That is my most wanted. Anything else would be cool but I'm not gonna bug you all. It would be great if you knew someone named Mark that doesn't want their pin (Since you have to get the cruisers name only.) But I'll take any name you can get! I collect these name tags and have everyone from Star Wars Weekend, Star Wars Celebration and Star Tours.

If anyone can help me out please PM me. Or I'll be over in the Dream 1/22/16 cruise thread. I'll gladly paypal way upfront and help out with anything from California! If you're a pin person I have tons of LE pins for trade too!

-Mark
Hi Mark,
I sent you a PM-I can help you out.

Hello,

-Mark
I don't know if I did the PM right - it says "conversation" Star Wars Badge - let me know if you can see it. Thanks.

yes, it's nice that if guests don't want to participate there are other venues to eat in including room service. It's great when everyone who wants to come to the dining room dresses up - it's lovely to see everyone dressed up, the pictures are terrific and it's so respectful of the beautiful ship, cast members and fellow passengers too! Just a "perfect circle" of perfection!

That's not entirely true - I can wear jeans and a t-shirt on formal night, because it's optional! Unlike many cruise lines, Disney has done away with the required dress conde entirely.

On my last cruise, even when there was a dress code, most people didn't abide by it, so I think Disney caved to the inevitable and I am so very okay with that! You'll find me, in the dining rooms, each night, dressed in either capris or a skirt and I don't intend to get more or less dressy than that. Because that's Disney rules. My husband may turn up in jeans or shorts, as well, and again, he can. It's allowable. It'll be great - everyone will enjoy a lovely meal.

I don't know if I did the PM right - it says "conversation" Star Wars Badge - let me know if you can see it. Thanks.
Thanks, I replied. Apparently I am not the calendar person in our house. We leave the day you all get off the boat.

For those interested in the available dining rotations, as well as the schedule for special dining events, I just called DCL and got that info. It's in my PTR in my signature, so feel free to take a look. The online check-in is coming up Sunday for Silver CC members.
Tiff, thanks so much for the dining info you posted in your PTR.

For us rookie cruisers, we still have 10 days before we can check in and sign up for excursions. Can anyone tell me, is there any way to find out if my dining rotation is option 1, 2, or 3? Tiff listed 3 different rotations. How do I know which is mine? Or, will I have to wait until we board to find out? Thanks so much for helping out the rookies.

Tiff, thanks so much for the dining info you posted in your PTR.

For us rookie cruisers, we still have 10 days before we can check in and sign up for excursions. Can anyone tell me, is there any way to find out if my dining rotation is option 1, 2, or 3? Tiff listed 3 different rotations. How do I know which is mine? Or, will I have to wait until we board to find out? Thanks so much for helping out the rookies.

Typically, you have to wait until you get on board to find out your rotation.

However!
1. You or your TA can call DCL and request a specific rotation (like "I want to be in AP on the first night"). It's always a request; never a given.
2. Wait until you get on the ship, see what you have, request a change. Our first cruise, our friends ended up on a different rotation than us, so we all went, once on board, and found the spot where DCL dining was and they were able to make the change for us, on the spot, so we were all together!

Typically, you have to wait until you get on board to find out your rotation.

However!
1. You or your TA can call DCL and request a specific rotation (like "I want to be in AP on the first night"). It's always a request; never a given.
2. Wait until you get on the ship, see what you have, request a change. Our first cruise, our friends ended up on a different rotation than us, so we all went, once on board, and found the spot where DCL dining was and they were able to make the change for us, on the spot, so we were all together!

Absolutely right. Also, for future cruises with friends, you can link your reservations with DCL ahead of time too. Our first cruise we sailed with friends, there were 7 of us total, and both families requested our dining reservations be linked. This way, not only did we have the same rotation, we were at the same table. It was great! This cruise with my parents, our reservations have been linked since we booked, so I was able to book excursions for my parents as well. It's made it easier for my tech unsavy mom.

Absolutely right. Also, for future cruises with friends, you can link your reservations with DCL ahead of time too. Our first cruise we sailed with friends, there were 7 of us total, and both families requested our dining reservations be linked. This way, not only did we have the same rotation, we were at the same table. It was great! This cruise with my parents, our reservations have been linked since we booked, so I was able to book excursions for my parents as well. It's made it easier for my tech unsavy mom.

Oh, our reservations were linked - our TA was quite annoyed to find out that we weren't at the same dining. It was, however, like the third sailing of the Dream so it was probably a new ship kink that hadn't been ironed out yet! (Actually, it was funny how NEW things smelled - the varnish in the elevators, for example)

FE Update!

So I have really been sucking at organizing the FE the last few weeks and for that I am sorry. I think I have gotten back to everyone who has sent me messages in the few weeks. If not, can I please ask that you send me another message and I promise to stay on top of it.

Just as a reminder I'm going to close the FE sign up at the end of the month so everyone has time to get their stuff together and still enjoy the holidays. If you want to sing up and haven't you still have a few weeks left to do so. As it stands now with all of the changes we have:

The Jedi Knights - 14 cabins
The Rebel Alliance - 14 cabins
The Empire - 15 cabins

Here is the updated list of everyone who has signed up so far. If you are not on this list then you have not signed up yet.

1. hmwinter85 – Holly, Mike, Owen (2)
2. Powerhouse47 – DH, DW, Jack (7), Jones (1.5)
3. Mrsozsquad – Jackie, Dennis, Lucy (12), Emma (10), Joseph (8)
4. zonkvadr – Veronica, Ronnie, Marshall (11), Willie (10)
5. submarinelife – John, Lisa, Logan (9), Olivia (6)
6. belle0906 – Carrie, Chris, Aidan (8), Alexis (6)
7. Colyder – Amanda, James, Ryder (7), Cole (5)
8.mschreib13 - Marc
9 & 10. mcj74 – Michelle, Greg, Mary Anne (Grandma), Barb (Grandma), Nathan (6), Madeline (6)
11. Jenjenthern – Alan, Jen, Natalie (12), Nathan (6)
12.TANYA7118 – Jason, Tanya, Brock (10), Brianna (7)
13.Lanie1869 – Drik, Lanie, Grayson (4)
14.Hokiejem – Jessica, Jeff, Jenna (14), Juli (10), Jordan (8 girl)
15.Mmreeves – Michelle, Martin, Noah (3)
16.nlflores – Nick, Brenda, Abby (15), Lainy (12), Nico (9)
17.eyenerd – Darren, Holly, Aubreigh (7), Michael (5)
18. & 19 disneymom97 – Amy, Allen, Cwynn (6), Caitlyn (18), Colby (11), Calleya (9)
20. jasonlaw – Jason, Mindy, Sydney (9), Sienna (9), Madison (6)
21.jasonlaw – Keri, Christopher, Myla (10), Ella (8), Lizzie (9)
22.Kim Pincheck – Mike, Kim, Carson (6), Claire (5)
23.Mdcantu - Melissa, Lupe, Brennan (4), Quincy (3)
24.Emcuozz017 – Emily, Gina, John, Bellamarie (11)
25.iheartswim98 – Kysa, Jeremy, Reagan (8), Max (5)
26.Andreza Trivilllin – Andreza, Alexander, Luna (9)
27.TiffyRose – Mike and Tiffany
28.TiffyRose – John Suzie
29.Artemis375 – Lisa, James, William (6)
30.mgibson16 – Molly, Kathy, Ashley
31.flutterby824 – Heather, Jim, Sally, Ethan (9)
32.Ohana-Anna – Anna, Jonas
33.kccowart – Kim, Christian, Ali (8), Kaitlynne (12)
34.Garden Queen – Charlotte, Keith, Andrew, Craig
35.bonnysammy –Rob, Danielle, Ryan (2)
36.bonnysammy – Chris, Daniel (8), Rebecca (4)
37. morrrisfarm – Shawn, Lara, Amelia (9), Fiona (7), Rhiannon (3)
38. marinanner- Marinanne, Yrwin, Darius (6), Jared (2)
39. marinanner – Mea, Maynard, Caden (3)
40. marinanner – Melissa, Almer, Aysaiah (11), Alana (10), Amari (3)
41. marinanner – Francis, Pete, Sumon, Ethan (9), Emma (7)
42. marinanner – Melissa, Rhobin, Kaileigh (6), Danica (1)
43. Tfunk78 – Tanya, Vince, Jessica (10), Noah (6)

If anything is wrong on this list please let me know. I'm also going to post new .pdf files of each of the updated lists. Hopefully people won't have trouble opening them this time.

Attachments

• Disney Fanatsay FE The Jedi Knights.pdf
    8.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Disney Fanatsay FE The Rebel Alliance.pdf
    8.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Disney Fanatsay FE The Empire.pdf
    8.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
FE Update!

So I have really been sucking at organizing the FE the last few weeks and for that I am sorry. I think I have gotten back to everyone who has sent me messages in the few weeks. If not, can I please ask that you send me another message and I promise to stay on top of it.

Just as a reminder I'm going to close the FE sign up at the end of the month so everyone has time to get their stuff together and still enjoy the holidays. If you want to sing up and haven't you still have a few weeks left to do so. As it stands now with all of the changes we have:

The Empire - 9 cabins

Here is the updated list of everyone who has signed up so far. If you are not on this list then you have not signed up yet.

8.mschreib13 - Marc
9 & 10. mcj74 – Michelle, Greg, Mary Anne (Grandma), Barb (Grandma), Nathan (6), Madeline (6)
18. & 19 disneymom97 – Amy, Allen, Cwynn (6), Caitlyn (18), Colby (11), Calleya (9)
31.flutterby824 – Heather, Jim, Sally, Eathan (9)

If anything is wrong on this list please let me know. I'm also going to post new .pdf files of each of the updated lists. Hopefully people won't have trouble opening them this time.

Hi! We have 5 staterooms that would love to participate in the FE! Please let me know if you have room for us!
Thanks!

FE Update!

The Empire - 9 cabins

8.mschreib13 - Marc
31.flutterby824 – Heather, Jim, Sally, Eathan (9)

Hi can we get added to roll call? I had posted a couple weeks ago but must've fallen through the cracks My name is Tanya, Vince, Jessica (10), Noah (6). So excited!!!

Hi can we get added to roll call? I had posted a couple weeks ago but must've fallen through the cracks My name is Tanya, Vince, Jessica (10), Noah (6). So excited!!!

Do you want me to add you to the roll call or do you want Holly to add you to the Fish Extender exchange?! :)

Hi! We have 5 staterooms that would love to participate in the FE! Please let me know if you have room for us!
Thanks!

I would be happy to add your cabins. Can you please send me a PM, if you haven't already, with cabin numbers, the names of everyone in the cabin and the ages of any kids and I'll add you to the lists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter