Fantasy January 23, 2016- STAR WARS

Hello,

So as of this weekend I booked a last minute trip for myself, my son who just turned 9, and my daughter who just turned 6, and we are so excited. We've sailed before however it's the first time I am doing it with just the three of us. We used to go as a larger family or with friends but being a widower it's the first time I am braving this one solo with them. They assured me they would let daddy relax while they go to the kids club, however am curious if anyone has done this or will be going as a single/only parent and is it tougher than I think it will be? Also instead of third wheeling with other couples does Disney do something for those in the same boat as myself? (No pun intended!)

Thanks
Dennis

I screwed up our cabin #. The Hintz family fish extender will hang outside of 6650. We also have room 6648, but my kiddo is In 6650 and I should have put the extender there.

Oh! I'm getting so excited. I hope I can get everything ready in time. (I'm too much of a procrastinator.)

For our FE, we are in The Empire group, and we have two rooms next to each other. The FEs were changed to be the guys on one and the girls on another. Hope it isn't too confusing.

Next week!
Next week next week next week!

And now, in sad news (for those of you not in the FB group): we had to put down our cat a week ago today. It was time. She was elderly and had been quite sick for awhile. I was starting to get REALLY stressed about the vacation and how we'd manager her care from afar without breaking the bank OR forcing our pet sitter to make some tough decisions.

But now this means - ha - that I can use our guest bed to start packing. I've never had this opportunity before because we've never been pet-less. Tonight, I'm going to spread out the suitcases and see what I've already collected and what I need to collect, still. The things one might forget - swimsuit cover up, water shoes, sunblock. Things we don't need right now - for me, dressier clothing for Palo brunch.

I've ironed our shorts, so that part is done! (And we've tried them on, so we know they fit)

Next week!
Next week next week next week!

And now, in sad news (for those of you not in the FB group): we had to put down our cat a week ago today. It was time. She was elderly and had been quite sick for awhile. I was starting to get REALLY stressed about the vacation and how we'd manager her care from afar without breaking the bank OR forcing our pet sitter to make some tough decisions.

But now this means - ha - that I can use our guest bed to start packing. I've never had this opportunity before because we've never been pet-less. Tonight, I'm going to spread out the suitcases and see what I've already collected and what I need to collect, still. The things one might forget - swimsuit cover up, water shoes, sunblock. Things we don't need right now - for me, dressier clothing for Palo brunch.

I've ironed our shorts, so that part is done! (And we've tried them on, so we know they fit)

So sorry for your loss. We lost one of cats last year. It's a hard situation for sure.

We got our VGT assignment this afternoon if anyone else was waiting. I checked this am & no assignment. I just checked again & we have our cabin number. We were assigned a 5A. In 2014 we were assigned 11 days out also.

Any other VGTs get their assignment today?

FINAL FE UPDATES!

Ok everyone I have the final updates. I'm sorry but we won't be taking any new sign ups moving forward. The only updates I'll make will be if there are changes to stateroom numbers.

I will have a copy of each FE list posted on my cabin door (6184) once we get on board in case anyone needs to reference it. I'll also have a white board on our door in case anyone needs to note any last minute room changes.

Thanks for organizing all this!! I have a question, though--the Jedi Masters list has two staterooms with all the names crossed out. What does that mean?

Can't wait, it's SO close! Hoping to meet some of y'all on the ship! :earsgirl:

FINAL FE UPDATES!

Ok everyone I have the final updates. I'm sorry but we won't be taking any new sign ups moving forward. The only updates I'll make will be if there are changes to stateroom numbers.

I will have a copy of each FE list posted on my cabin door (6184) once we get on board in case anyone needs to reference it. I'll also have a white board on our door in case anyone needs to note any last minute room changes.

I just checked this morning and we now have our cabin assignment. Eric, Jodi and Nikki Hvozda

FINAL FE UPDATES!

I have a question. What do we do about the groups on the list that don't have room numbers listed? Will they be updated before we sail?

Thanks for organizing all this!! I have a question, though--the Jedi Masters list has two staterooms with all the names crossed out. What does that mean?

Can't wait, it's SO close! Hoping to meet some of y'all on the ship! :earsgirl:
The two cabins that are crossed off are a family that had to drop out of the group at the last minute. So they will not be participating in the exchange. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I have a question. What do we do about the groups on the list that don't have room numbers listed? Will they be updated before we sail?
I have a few people that have provided me their room numbers today and yesterday. I'll updated with what I have and post updated list by the end of the week. If we still have some people missing room numbers when we sail I will have a white board out on my cabin door where they can write their room numbers for the rest of their group.

I have a few people that have provided me their room numbers today and yesterday. I'll updated with what I have and post updated list by the end of the week. If we still have some people missing room numbers when we sail I will have a white board out on my cabin door where they can write their room numbers for the rest of their group.
awesome, great work. We will hang, and we will be buying you the craziest Star Wars related drink for all you hardwork.

The two cabins that are crossed off are a family that had to drop out of the group at the last minute. So they will not be participating in the exchange. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter