Fantasy January 30th to February 6th!

Sytrace

DIS Veteran
We had a fantastic time and incredible weather on this cruise. And of course a little mechanical challenge. :)

First let me state the following with enthusiasm (but no caps)
I loved the Rainforest! There I said it. :) I loved the heated loungers, the saunas and the different showers. Especially the "warm rainforest" one.
My husband did not get into it as much as I did, but I will definitely get a single weeklong pass for me.
Did I mention the changing room showers and the awesome shampoo, conditioner and body wash available? And the robes and thick, fluffy towels? Sigh.

We had a wonderful cabin on deck 10 forward (4 doors from the very front where the bridge door is) We saw the Captain and officers a few times coming and going, but for the most part the hallway was low traffic and very quiet.
It was right below the Rainforest and so quiet and peaceful. I am definitely booking that cabin again. And the best thing about it was that it was a VGT and an upgrade from what we normally book. Definitely worth the wait! :) Our room host was Herman and real kind gentleman.

Our servers were great and worked very well together (which is always a relief) Their names were Aditya and Allen. And our head server was Chao. So sweet and very fun.

We enjoyed the 3 (and surprise 4th) sea days and I don't think I have ever been so relaxed as I was this cruise.
We went ashore briefly in Tortola, but their port is undergoing construction and a lot of the shops weren't open so we got back on after a brief walk downtown. When we go back in September I will have booked excursions (which I did not do this time out, due to booking it fairly last minute)

We went ashore in St. Thomas as well and stayed a bit longer. There were 2 Princess ships docked along with us and one Holland America ship in the harbor. It was quite a sight to see. :) The shops were open and busy but so well laid out that it did not seem overwhelming. We got a few souvies and went back on board. Again, did not book excursions this time out due to time restaints. I have a list of the offered excursions for all ports that I will be looking closely at in the next few months.

Of course, we did not stop at Castaway Cay, but we weren't all that sad about it as we were planning on staying onboard anyway.

My daughter enjoyed Vibe but only went a few times after the first day. She had such high expectations for it and then it turned out differently than she had thought. My son was able to go too, and he was not as impressed with it either. They actually did not do much at either Vibe or Edge this trip. Maybe next time when we go back in September.

If I can figure out how to upload pictures, I will do so. :)

Happy sailing everyone!
Tracey

I loved the Rainforest! There I said it. :) I loved the heated loungers, the saunas and the different showers. Especially the "warm rainforest" one.
My husband did not get into it as much as I did, but I will definitely get a single weeklong pass for me.
Did I mention the changing room showers and the awesome shampoo, conditioner and body wash available? And the robes and thick, fluffy towels? Sigh.
Tracey
Glad you had a great trip!
Question: when you shower in the Spa, did you (or others) walk back to your room in the robe or get fully dressed in spa?

I brought my clothes with me to change into. The showers are curtained off and there is a nice space with a foot rug and in the space where you can dress right after the shower. There is also a vanity with full mirror wall and a hairdryer.
Then there is the locker area and a common area that you could use to dress too. I am a bit bashful so I just dressed behind the curtain. :) lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter