Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

My experience with long food lines was during my trip in 2019. I have no clue how it is now. I do see on the app that a lot of rides are over 2+ hour waits these past few weeks, so if that's an indication....
Oh that’s weird. We didn’t really deal with any long lines for food when we went in 2019. I’ve been watching the wait times too and they seem crazy long. Toy Story mania and Pooh are both closed so I wonder if that’s playing a part but still the times are showing way higher than average. Dh is less than excited about the TDR part of our trip and long ride lines will make it even worse.

Oh that’s weird. We didn’t really deal with any long lines for food when we went in 2019. I’ve been watching the wait times too and they seem crazy long. Toy Story mania and Pooh are both closed so I wonder if that’s playing a part but still the times are showing way higher than average. Dh is less than excited about the TDR part of our trip and long ride lines will make it even worse.
I went in the summer so I guess that explains it? It's also why my next trip is November - WAAAAY too hot for me xD

I’m a little worried about the food lines. We didn’t have any problems when we went in 2019.
We didn’t have any issues in July 2023. We ate outside of the main eating times, maybe 11am for lunch and 5pm for dinner, but even on the days when we missed those times, it was still okay. I think one day it did take us … maybe 5-ish minutes to wait for a table at the Hungry Bear restaurant, but we were limited by also needing room for a high chair, otherwise we would have had more options.

The biggest issue for us was the number of restaurants that closed at 5pm. That wasn’t something we expected and caught us out twice.

EDIT: We did keep on walking straight past a couple of snack carts that we otherwise would have been interested in due to the lines. But, they weren't 30-60+ minute lines, more like 15+ minutes (which is too long to wait for a snack with a toddler in tow).

Last edited:

Hi, all. One thing I’ve been confused by…can anyone clarify if this is correct?…

The Tinkerbell Buggy ride will use Standby Pass (otherwise used for store entry for merchandise drops, etc) not Priority Pass?

Seems weird, but I assume this is because it is effectively an entry into Fantasy Springs itself for those that otherwise would not have access and is being used for the opening period to manage volume.

Thanks!

Hi, all. One thing I’ve been confused by…can anyone clarify if this is correct?…

The Tinkerbell Buggy ride will use Standby Pass (otherwise used for store entry for merchandise drops, etc) not Priority Pass?

Seems weird, but I assume this is because it is effectively an entry into Fantasy Springs itself for those that otherwise would not have access and is being used for the opening period to manage volume.

Thanks!
All of the FS rides will use Standby Pass. The others also have DPA (pay). Tink is the only one that exclusively uses Standby Pass. Before the 40th passes/DPA after covid, they were using Standby Passes to regulate some of the lines for popular attractions.

I have a Premier Access and Priority Pass question.

Let's say I booked both with the return times of 9am-10am at 8:15am.

You can make a Premier Access selection after one hour your previous one.
You can make a Priority Pass selection after two hours your previous one.

I heard you can also make another PA/PP selection earlier than those hour/two hours limit if your return time is earlier than those 1hr/2hr limits.

Can I make a new Premier Access/Priority Pass selection when the clock hits 9am, or do I need to scan my phone first and enter the FastPass queue to be able to make a new selection?

I have a Premier Access and Priority Pass question.

Let's say I booked both with the return times of 9am-10am at 8:15am.

You can make a Premier Access selection after one hour your previous one.
You can make a Priority Pass selection after two hours your previous one.

I heard you can also make another PA/PP selection earlier than those hour/two hours limit if your return time is earlier than those 1hr/2hr limits.

Can I make a new Premier Access/Priority Pass selection when the clock hits 9am, or do I need to scan my phone first and enter the FastPass queue to be able to make a new selection?

Here are the links with descriptions. It's the start time. In order to repeat the pass, it has to be used or expire.

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdl/guide/disneypremieraccess.html
https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdl/guide/prioritypass.html

Here are the links with descriptions. It's the start time. In order to repeat the pass, it has to be used or expire.

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdl/guide/disneypremieraccess.html
https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdl/guide/prioritypass.html
Ah, there it is!

For another attraction, it's after the start time of your purchased Disney Premier Access. For the same/repeat attraction, it's what you mentioned.

There seems to be an hour limit for selecting parade spots and I do plan on seeing all 3 of them.

Ah, there it is!

For another attraction, it's after the start time of your purchased Disney Premier Access. For the same/repeat attraction, it's what you mentioned.

There seems to be an hour limit for selecting parade spots and I do plan on seeing all 3 of them.
Also, the descriptions seem to indicate that DPAs for attractions and parades/shows are separate and can be booked independently.

All of the FS rides will use Standby Pass. The others also have DPA (pay). Tink is the only one that exclusively uses Standby Pass. Before the 40th passes/DPA after covid, they were using Standby Passes to regulate some of the lines for popular attractions.
So for the 4 FS rides, you can only get in the regular line if you have a Standby Pass?

So for the 4 FS rides, you can only get in the regular line if you have a Standby Pass?
Yes, but you could buy DPA passes for 3 of them, Tink not included. I presume that Standy Passes and DPA will be limited though. This is all assuming that you did not get an FS Day Pass with a package or FS Hotel stay.

That's my understanding. There will be no "unticketed" line because you can only access Fantasy Springs if you hold one of the three available tickets. The lines will be: Fantasy Springs passport holders, Premier Access ticket holders and Standby Pass holders (except for Tinkerbell's buggies for which a paid Premier Access ticket isn't an option).

I'm not sure how they will "group" them (i.e. whether FS passport holders and PA ticket holders will go into the same (quicker) line, with Standby Pass holders in a separate (slower) line). The fact that FS passport holders can ride as many times as they want could have a big impact on how quickly the lines move, depending upon crowd fluctuations and favourites.

I'm guessing they'll post the wait times for the "Standby Pass" lines so that people know whether to even bother getting into the line, although it's going to be challenging because whatever the wait time is when you score the Standby Pass will probably be very different to what it is when you're actually allowed to use it.

And the fact that anyone without a FS passport can't exit and re-enter FS could also throw things out of whack since they'll potentially have a greater incentive to wait longer in the Standby Pass lines (if they really want to do everything, since they can't exit and come back when the wait times could potentially be shorter).

It should all become clearer after FS opens on 6 June 2024.

That's my understanding. There will be no "unticketed" line because you can only access Fantasy Springs if you hold one of the three available tickets. The lines will be: Fantasy Springs passport holders, Premier Access ticket holders and Standby Pass holders (except for Tinkerbell's buggies for which a paid Premier Access ticket isn't an option).

I'm not sure how they will "group" them (i.e. whether FS passport holders and PA ticket holders will go into the same (quicker) line, with Standby Pass holders in a separate (slower) line). The fact that FS passport holders can ride as many times as they want could have a big impact on how quickly the lines move, depending upon crowd fluctuations and favourites.

I'm guessing they'll post the wait times for the "Standby Pass" lines so that people know whether to even bother getting into the line, although it's going to be challenging because whatever the wait time is when you score the Standby Pass will probably be very different to what it is when you're actually allowed to use it.

And the fact that anyone without a FS passport can't exit and re-enter FS could also throw things out of whack since they'll potentially have a greater incentive to wait longer in the Standby Pass lines (if they really want to do everything, since they can't exit and come back when the wait times could potentially be shorter).

It should all become clearer after FS opens on 6 June 2024.

FS Magic tickets use the DPA lines when available and the standby pass line for Tinkerbell.

For reference on wait times, Meet Mickey and Minnie's Style Studio used Standby Pass on their birthday last year with no option to wait in line without a Standby Pass. The wait time showed in the app as 30-50 minutes throughout the day. People with vacation package greeting tickets would directly enter the building and wait about 15 minutes. I suspect that the wait times for rides in Fantasy Springs can be longer than that because there's potential for mechanical issues to temporarily shut down the ride.

FS Magic tickets use the DPA lines when available and the standby pass line for Tinkerbell.

For reference on wait times, Meet Mickey and Minnie's Style Studio used Standby Pass on their birthday last year with no option to wait in line without a Standby Pass. The wait time showed in the app as 30-50 minutes throughout the day. People with vacation package greeting tickets would directly enter the building and wait about 15 minutes. I suspect that the wait times for rides in Fantasy Springs can be longer than that because there's potential for mechanical issues to temporarily shut down the ride.
Thanks! One minor clarification…

Will FS magic ticket holders always be able to enter the Standby Pass line for Tinkerbell (unlimited)?

Or will FS magic ticket holders have to book a Tinkerbell Standy Pass through the app like everyone else?

Thanks! One minor clarification…

Will FS magic ticket holders always be able to enter the Standby Pass line for Tinkerbell (unlimited)?

Or will FS magic ticket holders have to book a Tinkerbell Standy Pass through the app like everyone else?
No booking. The pass gives them unlimited access to all of the rides, either through Standby for Tink and DPA for the others. They still have to wait in a line though. In fact, they are actually not allowed to book any passes to FS on the day of their FS pass. Wouldn’t need it anyway.

I’m honestly getting a little worried about the TDR part of our trip. We still have two months but the wait times seem extremely high to me. I’m also trying to decide if we should do DisneySea or TDL our first day. I’m not sure it really matters but I’m leaning towards Disneyland because I feel like we have more to ride there with ds

I’m honestly getting a little worried about the TDR part of our trip. We still have two months but the wait times seem extremely high to me. I’m also trying to decide if we should do DisneySea or TDL our first day. I’m not sure it really matters but I’m leaning towards Disneyland because I feel like we have more to ride there with ds

It's currently spring break which traditionally is the time of the year when wait times for thrill rides are at their highest. I actually find the wait times to be short compared to this time of the year pre-pandemic. Similar weeks in 2018-2019 would see wait times exceeding 240 minutes for rides like Journey to the Center of the Earth.

In June, you can probably expect rides like Soaring, Baymax and Beauty and the Beast to be similar in wait time to now but rides like Indiana Jones and Tower of Terror will likely be closer to 60-70% of the current wait times.

Also note that wait times for Haunted Mansion are slightly elevated right now due to the Story Beyond overlay.

But Disneyland does have more rides with shorter wait times.

It's currently spring break which traditionally is the time of the year when wait times for thrill rides are at their highest. I actually find the wait times to be short compared to this time of the year pre-pandemic. Similar weeks in 2018-2019 would see wait times exceeding 240 minutes for rides like Journey to the Center of the Earth.

In June, you can probably expect rides like Soaring, Baymax and Beauty and the Beast to be similar in wait time to now but rides like Indiana Jones and Tower of Terror will likely be closer to 60-70% of the current wait times.

Also note that wait times for Haunted Mansion are slightly elevated right now due to the Story Beyond overlay.

But Disneyland does have more rides with shorter wait times.
I didn’t realize it’s spring break so that makes sense. I’ve been looking at the TDRAlert app since they have graphs to compare wait times but I don’t know how accurate they are

I didn’t realize it’s spring break so that makes sense. I’ve been looking at the TDRAlert app since they have graphs to compare wait times but I don’t know how accurate they are
Thrill Data also has wait times.

EDIT: Also, that app hasn’t been updated in 3 years, so it may not work right anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter