• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

I thought TDR specifically said that 3 of the rides would take Priority Pass; whereas, the Tinkerbell ride would only use the Standby Pass.

TDR said that all 4 rides will have Standby Pass. 3 of the rides will have Disney Premier Access which is the paid fastpass. They have made no announcements regarding Priority Pass after the end of the 40th anniversary in March.

TDR said that all 4 rides will have Standby Pass. 3 of the rides will have Disney Premier Access which is the paid fastpass. They have made no announcements regarding Priority Pass after the end of the 40th anniversary in March.
I am confusing the Premier Access and Priority Pass. Thanks

I'm assuming it's going to be near impossible to ride more than 2 of the new attractions per day?

It's possible that some of the rides will be added as vacation package attraction ticket options. You can also buy two tickets for the same day to get more standby passes and DPA.

Very nice park! I actually went to Tokyo Disney in February, and I could see it being completed little by little! I am so looking forward to visiting!

It just may happen that we are in Tokyo from about June 1-? as part of a ~3 week trip. I'm in the very early stages of planning. I plotted an itinerary and then began calculating dates.

First draft puts us at Tokyo Disney Tue June 4-Fri June 7, which kind of terrifies me. Is this a terrible idea? Should we avoid June 6th at all costs?

I didn't mean to be there for the opening of Fantasy Springs, but my daughter would definitely not want to miss it if it opens while we are in Tokyo. I need to check if one of our travel companions, who won't be joining us until at least the 8th wants to go to Disney, so that could move back some of the Disney days. We'll also fly out of Tokyo on our way home, so could plan to come back for a day later in the month.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

It just may happen that we are in Tokyo from about June 1-? as part of a ~3 week trip. I'm in the very early stages of planning. I plotted an itinerary and then began calculating dates.

First draft puts us at Tokyo Disney Tue June 4-Fri June 7, which kind of terrifies me. Is this a terrible idea? Should we avoid June 6th at all costs?

I didn't mean to be there for the opening of Fantasy Springs, but my daughter would definitely not want to miss it if it opens while we are in Tokyo. I need to check if one of our travel companions, who won't be joining us until at least the 8th wants to go to Disney, so that could move back some of the Disney days. We'll also fly out of Tokyo on our way home, so could plan to come back for a day later in the month.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
We had some flexibility in our vacation, since we hadn't booked flights when they announced. We need to finish our vacation toward the end of June, in case our son has incoming college freshman requirements in July. We also couldn't leave until after his make-up high school graduation day in May. We are flying into Tokyo on 6/2 and will spend some days there before heading to Kansai, but we have pushed TDR to the end of the trip, starting 6/18. We will fly back out of Tokyo after TDR. We are going to get a package. It would be nice to get attraction passes for Fantasy Springs with it, but if not, we will try on the app. If that doesn't pan out, then we will just have to return to Japan ;) Good luck!

Thoughts?

Thanks.
I would hope for the best but expect the worst, I mean it's going to be insanely crowded. It's the first expansion in 20+ years, I doubt there is going to be any slow days for a while in Disney Sea. You can pretty much bet that Vacation Packages are also going to be incredibly difficult to get. As of right now, even getting Magellan reservations is hard, let alone a brand new expansion. The reservation system runs on Japan time as well, so you also have to make sure you're online when they drop.

From my experience with Frozen in HKDL and looking at the hotel prices, the worst possible days will likely be the 8th and 9th (Saturday and Sunday). The rest of the park should be OK crowd wise on the opening days.

If you're not able to get a Disney hotel, expect to be unable to go into Fantasy Springs the first week and every weekend through the summer. During Golden Week one year, I was at the gates nearly 2 hours before park open and before I even got into the park, Toy Story Mania Fastpasses had run out.

I didn't mean to be there for the opening of Fantasy Springs, but my daughter would definitely not want to miss it if it opens while we are in Tokyo.
As disappointing as it is, I would "plan" for NOT being able to enter Fantasy Springs (i.e. I would tell your daughter that you won't be able to visit Fantasy Springs) and focus on all the other areas of the parks which you will get to visit.

Perhaps look at buying and taking some Frozen, Rapunzel, Tinkerbell, etc merchandise (depending upon what her favourite characters are) with you, so she still gets a touch of magic. Maybe even print a "note" from Elsa saying how disappointed she is that your daughter can't visit Arendelle this time, but that she hopes to see her again in the future (depending upon how old your daughter is).

Last edited:
We plan on making out 3rd trip to TDR across Oct and Nov 2024 so we can experience a few days each of Halloween and X-mas. Hoping to secure 1 night at the new Fantasy Springs Hotel and get a1-Day Passport: Fantasy Springs Magic pass.

Disney Sea released hotel reservation drop times

February 8, 2024, at 1 PM (Japan Time) for June 6 to 8, 2024

February 15, 2024, at 1 PM (Japan Time) for June 9 to 15, 2024

February 22, 2024, at 1 PM (Japan Time) for June 16 to 22, 2024

February 29, 2024, at 1 PM (Japan Time) for June 23 to 29, 2024

March 6, 2024, at 1 PM (Japan Time) for June 30 to July 6, 2024

The "1-Day Passport: Fantasy Springs Magic" ticket is exclusively available for guests at the Tokyo DisneySea Fantasy Springs Hotel. It starts at 22,900 yen (about $160 USD) for an adult ticket which includes:

Guaranteed admission into Fantasy Springs anytime without needing to get a Standby Pass (think virtual queue) or purchase the Disney Premier Access (think Lightning Lane)
Ride the attractions in Fantasy Springs using the Disney Premier Access line
The ticket also includes your admission into the rest of Tokyo DisneySea

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Here's what we decided to do, as this is likely a once in a lifetime trip for our family: We booked Hilton Tokyo Bay for 2-4 June, arriving early morning on the 3rd (so we have a place to shower/nap on the 3rd). Booked a Disneyland Hotel Vacation Package for 4-6 June. The 6th is designated as Tokyo Disney Sea day, so we have guaranteed entry and guaranteed reserved rides (NOT to Fantasy Springs, however). We will have happy entry 15 min. early, so hoping we can get a standby queue for one of the new rides, or if there is a queue to enter the land--don't really care which ride. If it doesn't work out, we'll deal, but gave it our best shot!

Disney Sea released hotel reservation drop times

February 8, 2024, at 1 PM (Japan Time) for June 6 to 8, 2024

February 15, 2024, at 1 PM (Japan Time) for June 9 to 15, 2024

February 22, 2024, at 1 PM (Japan Time) for June 16 to 22, 2024

February 29, 2024, at 1 PM (Japan Time) for June 23 to 29, 2024

March 6, 2024, at 1 PM (Japan Time) for June 30 to July 6, 2024

The "1-Day Passport: Fantasy Springs Magic" ticket is exclusively available for guests at the Tokyo DisneySea Fantasy Springs Hotel. It starts at 22,900 yen (about $160 USD) for an adult ticket which includes:

Guaranteed admission into Fantasy Springs anytime without needing to get a Standby Pass (think virtual queue) or purchase the Disney Premier Access (think Lightning Lane)
Ride the attractions in Fantasy Springs using the Disney Premier Access line
The ticket also includes your admission into the rest of Tokyo DisneySea
I was too chicken to wait, so I booked a vacation package for the 4-6th, and will hope for the best since we'll be in Disney Sea on the 6th with other rides reserved and early entry (just NOT in Fantasy Springs).

Hotel packages for all hotels for all of June that included Fantasy Springs passes went on sale 1/16 3pm JT, which was 1am ET this morning. There might still be availability, but the website is putting people in a queue. Wait times may be long. I don't know how much availability is still there. I got mine about 3am CT last night/this morning after waiting in queue for about 3 hours.

Hotel packages for all hotels for all of June that included Fantasy Springs passes went on sale 1/16 3pm JT, which was 1am ET this morning. There might still be availability, but the website is putting people in a queue. Wait times may be long. I don't know how much availability is still there. I got mine about 3am CT last night/this morning after waiting in queue for about 3 hours.
I wondered why there was such a huge queue. I’ve just been trying to check normal hotel prices for May and haven’t been able to get through all morning. I’ve been in the queue since around 9-10 am

I wondered why there was such a huge queue. I’ve just been trying to check normal hotel prices for May and haven’t been able to get through all morning. I’ve been in the queue since around 9-10 am
The website goes down for maintenance from 3-5am JT, which just ended. However, it will still be a long wait. Sorry.

The website goes down for maintenance from 3-5am JT, which just ended. However, it will still be a long wait. Sorry.
That’s okay. We don’t need to book today luckily. I just wanted to check prices and availability for a certain room type

You have to sign in and be prepared for the queue. That's my #1 tip is to be prepared. It's going to be extremely contested for a long time I think.

I didn't enter the queue until a bit after 2:30PM JST which was a huge mistake. Took me around 5 hrs.
I didn't see any availability at all for Fantasy Springs Hotel.

Ended up with a package at DL hotel with early entry to DisneySea on the 6th. This wasn't my first choice but since this was my first experience booking on a major date, it was the best I could do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter