Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

What?!

Then there are less (MAJOR) reasons to get the vacation package for US vacationers.
For me, I find it to be worth it for the guaranteed Fantasy Springs access alone. I don't plan on returning to Japan for at least a few years and I want to experience the new attractions.

My sister and I also aren't major parade people but we do plan on buying premier access to watch the Disneysea night time show.

What?!

Then there are less (MAJOR) reasons to get the vacation package for US vacationers.
You should probably get used to the idea that most thing in Japan are easier and better if you live in Japan or at least have a Japanese bank account from previously living in Japan. It's unfortunate for the rest of us, but it is what it is.

For me, I find it to be worth it for the guaranteed Fantasy Springs access alone. I don't plan on returning to Japan for at least a few years and I want to experience the new attractions.

My sister and I also aren't major parade people but we do plan on buying premier access to watch the Disneysea night time show.
Yeah, that's the only reason I did it. We aren't big parade people. We just wanted to know that we'd have a chance to see Fantasy Springs. The package is already way over my budget, and I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or not. But I feel like without it our chances are very low. I don't imagine we will be back to Japan again for many years (if ever). We have multiple weeks in Korea and Japan, and Disneyland/DisneySea is just the last few days of our trip.

Yeah, that's the only reason I did it. We aren't big parade people. We just wanted to know that we'd have a chance to see Fantasy Springs. The package is already way over my budget, and I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or not. But I feel like without it our chances are very low. I don't imagine we will be back to Japan again for many years (if ever). We have multiple weeks in Korea and Japan, and Disneyland/DisneySea is just the last few days of our trip.
Our line of thinking is that it cannot be so difficult to get into the new land. It has several high capacity attractions. It’s quite a big land. We just don't want to pay that much money for a few hours. BUT we also know that we love everything else in these two parks, which we will be able to see for sure. We also have two days at TDS planned. And we know we will be back. Will we be disappointed if we don’t even see the land? Yes! Is that chance worth it for us to pay that much money (it’s the cost of a short trip to DLP, our local park)? For us it isn’t. But it’s a decision that everyone needs to make from their own perspective. I just wanted to give you an idea that there are other perspectives, too. And yes, we will be there mid-June, too.

Our line of thinking is that it cannot be so difficult to get into the new land. It has several high capacity attractions. It’s quite a big land. We just don't want to pay that much money for a few hours. BUT we also know that we love everything else in these two parks, which we will be able to see for sure. We also have two days at TDS planned. And we know we will be back. Will we be disappointed if we don’t even see the land? Yes! Is that chance worth it for us to pay that much money (it’s the cost of a short trip to DLP, our local park)? For us it isn’t. But it’s a decision that everyone needs to make from their own perspective. I just wanted to give you an idea that there are other perspectives, too. And yes, we will be there mid-June, too.

I don't think it will be impossible to get into the land but it will likely be impossible to do more than 1 DPA attraction per day until at least August. If you've planned 3 days in DisneySea, you should be able to experience all the attractions in Fantasy Springs by getting to the gates early on each of those days.

For me, the value of one Fantasy Springs ticket is more than the value of 3 tickets to DisneySea and the accompanying hotels since I get one lower stress day to experience Fantasy Springs rather than have to deal with multiple stressful days with only a tiny taste of Fantasy Springs each.

I don't think it will be impossible to get into the land but it will likely be impossible to do more than 1 DPA attraction per day until at least August. If you've planned 3 days in DisneySea, you should be able to experience all the attractions in Fantasy Springs by getting to the gates early on each of those days.

For me, the value of one Fantasy Springs ticket is more than the value of 3 tickets to DisneySea and the accompanying hotels since I get one lower stress day to experience Fantasy Springs rather than have to deal with multiple stressful days with only a tiny taste of Fantasy Springs each.
Yes, that’s kind of our strategy. Getting a DPA as soon as we get in. We are ok with not seeing it all - and we do have wiggle room and can add another day at TDS (if tickets are available).

As you say, everyone has different priorities. We are never the type of people who need to tick off every major thing. Having fun, finding time to relax and stretching vacation dollars are ours. 😊

When FS first opens, has it been confirmed that you will need the Passport Ticket, DPA/PP for one of the rides and/or a restaurant “reservation”/mobile order in order to enter the land?

When FS first opens, has it been confirmed that you will need the Passport Ticket, DPA/PP for one of the rides and/or a restaurant “reservation”/mobile order in order to enter the land?
Yes. DPA will be available for 3 of the rides, except Tink. All rides will have Standby Pass available too. No entrance without a pass/access to a ride or restaurant.

The only other guaranteed ways of getting into Fantasy Springs would be

- Booking a stay at Fantasy Springs Hotel (availability has been impossible), but you can purchase a Fantasy Springs Park ticket.
- Booking Miracosta and using Happy 15 for Disneysea will give you a bigger opportunity to book both a standby and DPA pass.

- Booking Miracosta and using Happy 15 for Disneysea will give you a bigger opportunity to book both a standby and DPA pass.
For sure! I wouldn’t be surprised if the premier/standby passes sell out from MiraCosta early entry guests alone! Plus Fantasy Springs Hotel guests will probably be in the mix too? Since they may not buy a 1-day passport for every day of their stay, they’d also be in that early entry pool trying to secure passes on those days.

I have to believe they will be severely limiting the premier access passes since they will share the line with 1-day passport people and it would look pretty bad to have lines that are several hours long for those paying for the passport/VP. The passport costs more than double the park ticket after all! I’m sure standby will be many hours long since they’ll be prioritizing the fast line.

I’ll get to try both ways, since I’ll have a passport for opening day and then will utilize MC early entry the following day to try and get my hands on a single premier access pass.

This seems to create a particular operational challenge as the standby line for the 3 main rides will be small (only folks who entered the land through Premier Access/dining or I suppose FS Hotel without a Passport ticket) relative to the Premier Access line (most of the guests with access to the land). Interesting to see how this plays out…

Last edited:
I don’t think the restaurants help you get in the new land. I think I read somewhere in the FAQ that you can’t even mobile order without already being allowed in for another reason— and that if you are in the land and leave before picking up your food and don’t have the full day pass or aren’t staying at the new hotel then you won’t even be allowed back in to pick up your food.

I don’t think the restaurants help you get in the new land. I think I read somewhere in the FAQ that you can’t even mobile order without already being allowed in for another reason— and that if you are in the land and leave before picking up your food and don’t have the full day pass or aren’t staying at the new hotel then you won’t even be allowed back in to pick up your food.
Then an even smaller pool of standby riders!…

The only ways to enter are with the Fantasy Springs Magic pass, staying at the new Fantasy Springs hotel, have a standby pass for a ride, or a premiere access pass for a ride:

https://faq.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdr/en/faq_detail.html?id=24472&category=10692&page=1

Here's the part about not being allowed back in Fantasy Springs once you leave unless you have the Fantasy Springs Magic pass or are staying at the Fantasy Springs Hotel (note: this applies to rides, too! If your standby passes or premiere access passes are spread out throughout the day, you can't leave in between):

https://faq.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdr/en/faq_detail.html?category=&page=1&id=24656

Mobile order timeslots only allowed when you're allowed in Fantasy Springs (can order before entering if timeslots correspond to your allowed entry time):

https://faq.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdr/en/faq_detail.html?id=24660&category=10694&page=1

and for people with Fantasy Springs Magic pass:

https://faq.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdr/en/faq_detail.html?id=24655&category=10691&page=1

I wonder why they didn't add Miracosta guests on the list of those who can buy a Fantasy Springs ticket.

Although we haven't really fully seen the inside of the Fantasy Springs Hotel, In the long run I feel like the Miracosta will be the better looking one of the two. Something about the new hotel seems flat.

Even with that, I tried booking a night there just to get the Fantasy Springs passport but that was a fail haha.

I wonder why they didn't add Miracosta guests on the list of those who can buy a Fantasy Springs ticket.

Although we haven't really fully seen the inside of the Fantasy Springs Hotel, In the long run I feel like the Miracosta will be the better looking one of the two. Something about the new hotel seems flat.

Even with that, I tried booking a night there just to get the Fantasy Springs passport but that was a fail haha.
If only they would do that for MC...ha! Perhaps down the road they will, once they get a handle on how busy it is. I'm not sure how long this passport business will even go on, it surely is an interesting test run to have the "unlimited" ride aspect (unless Tokyo Disney has used something like this before, I don't know the history very well).

I totally failed at booking room-only at Fantasy Springs too, but I'm not giving up. I'll be paying attention closely to how they handle room-only cancellations!

Fantasy Springs Magic Passport costs triple the price of a park entry ticket (about $100 more). If guests from both Fantasy Springs hotel and Miracosta hotel are able to purchase this FSM Passport, then Premier Access lines will be even more backed up (twice as many FSM Pass holders), with less priority given to Standby lines.

TDR might allow Miracosta (and other hotels) the option to purchase FSM Passport in the future if there’s not enough demand for it in the Fantasy Springs Hotel alone.

$100 difference is like the cost of 7-8 Premier Access attractions, though you don’t need to plan for Fantasy Springs expansion.

$100 seems like a lot, though I plan on going on each major ride twice per visit, and I could choose other rides for Premier Access instead of Fantasy Springs rides, such as Soaring and Journey. At rope drop, I could head straight to Tinkerbell buggies.

The only ways to enter are with the Fantasy Springs Magic pass, staying at the new Fantasy Springs hotel, have a standby pass for a ride, or a premiere access pass for a ride:

https://faq.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdr/en/faq_detail.html?id=24472&category=10692&page=1

Here's the part about not being allowed back in Fantasy Springs once you leave unless you have the Fantasy Springs Magic pass or are staying at the Fantasy Springs Hotel (note: this applies to rides, too! If your standby passes or premiere access passes are spread out throughout the day, you can't leave in between):

https://faq.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdr/en/faq_detail.html?category=&page=1&id=24656

Mobile order timeslots only allowed when you're allowed in Fantasy Springs (can order before entering if timeslots correspond to your allowed entry time):

https://faq.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdr/en/faq_detail.html?id=24660&category=10694&page=1

and for people with Fantasy Springs Magic pass:

https://faq.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdr/en/faq_detail.html?id=24655&category=10691&page=1

I am totally in love with the TDR FAQ. It’s truly an amazing thing, not just for FS, but for almost anything at the resort.

FS Hotel has a dedicated entrance to the land. It’s one of the perks.

I am totally in love with the TDR FAQ. It’s truly an amazing thing, not just for FS, but for almost anything at the resort.
They have thought of literally everything! I think the only questions I have are all speculative, like how early are MiraCosta people going to start lining up in June :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter