• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Survivor

I'm a Russell fan. I can't help it. I admire the people that actually play the game to win it. If anyone deserves the million dollars, it is him. Although Natalie killing that rat was VERY impressive!! I'd swing and miss for sure! :dance3:

My turn to brag again. I've worked my way up to 5th place on CBS (and yes, Sorsha, it's improving... I think? or maybe I'm just used to all their glitches by now...)

I'm only 13 points away from first place!!

Now I'm agonizing over who to take tonight... (although you can see my tentative picks...)

os4d9x.png

Hope you picked Mick Pink!

Wow, Russel does it again. I know the teaser for next week doesnt look good for Russel, but not buying that for a minute!

Very entertaining. LOL I cant believe those guys look suprised every week when something goes wrong. 3 weeks in a row dudes... Stop being so naive!

I'm a Russell fan. I can't help it. I admire the people that actually play the game to win it. If anyone deserves the million dollars, it is him. Although Natalie killing that rat was VERY impressive!! I'd swing and miss for sure! :dance3:

My turn to brag again. I've worked my way up to 5th place on CBS (and yes, Sorsha, it's improving... I think? or maybe I'm just used to all their glitches by now...)

I'm only 13 points away from first place!!

Now I'm agonizing over who to take tonight... (although you can see my tentative picks...)

os4d9x.png

Wow you are doing great! I didn't realize anyone was playing this year.

heh, my mistake so now John has to go :rotfl:

another great episode, cant wait for next week. Can't wait to see how shambo reacts :)

what are the vegas odds on Russel?

ROFL so many people know what he does for a living now though, he may lose for that fact alone. I don't know, hard not to respect his game. I mean 8 - 4 at merge, come on now!

Pink how are you doing in the fantasy survivor?

heh, my mistake so now John has to go :rotfl:

LOVED that! Russell is quite the character. Don't like him as a person, but love him as a Survivor. I am rooting for him to win it... but don't think he can because of the fact that he blabbed about his millions. (one mistake he made that will cost him big time, I fear - he may lose this game because of that...)

And Aengus, I dropped down to 9th place this past week. I didn't hve Jaison who won Immunity... and Shambo scored really well with names (who would have thunk). I think I'm out of it at this point. :( But always fun to play... :dance3:

This season definitely shows they arent losing their MOJO.

bravo, cant wait for next one :)

It only takes one risk to put you right back into the running pink ;)

and not to mention... 9th out of how many? ROFL

What a great season. When the winner was announced I thought to myself... what? are they crazy? Russel had the better game! Then later I realized, no, Natalie did... simple, she won! :rotfl: I guess the TV audience forgets how personally people take things. Russel did make a mistake, he didnt factor in the fact that nobody likes being beaten. It was easy to vote for Natalie because none of them probably feel she beat them. Poor Mick! LOL Honestly he played no differently than Natalie, but I guess he wasnt cute enough :rotfl: Great season! And the Heroes versus Villains looks intriguing! Bring it!

I think I would have voted for Natalie.

Russell's game is way overrated. He was a great character and the show's producers reminded us that he was a "mastermind" every chance they got. The fact is, he made a lot of mistakes. Pouring out the water and burning socks didn't give him control over anyone's mind. Actually, they shrugged it off. If anything it weakened his tribe in challenges and contributed to the horrible position they were in going into the merge. I was impressed when he kept finding idols. I was unimpressed with his "strategy" of showing it to EVERYONE! His post-merge show and tell sessions to every single member of the Galu tribe were comical. And yeah, bragging about being a millionaire, another big blunder. That probably called into question everything else he told them including the one about losing "Rocky" during Katrina. He did not pull in Shambo. She was pushed out of Galu. She considered herself a Foa member from her first trip to visit their camp. And I'd like to point out that whenever a member visited from Galu Russell usually lurked around the edges of camp making wisecracks to the camera and refusing to interact.

I love the guy. He was fun to watch. He was absolutely not the best strategic player ever.

Now, give me ONE mistake Natalie made? She knew where her strength was and she played a brilliant social game. No one ever had an unkind word to say about Natalie. She may not have been the strongest player but she never lost a challenge for her tribe. She clubbed a rat as big as one of Shaq's sneakers. Evil Russell was "leading" and drawing all the of heat to himself. Why not let him? That's not riding coattails, that's brilliant game play. She orchestrated the most important blindside in the game. There's no way Russell could have swung Galu against Erik. Galu trusted Natalie because she seemed so completely harmless. Nothing else would have mattered if it wasn't Erik that went out first after the merge.

Then, in front of the jury. Natalie is humble and Russell is arrogant. When it mattered the most, he flubbed it completely. It was clearly a bitter jury and he chooses to address them as if his winning is somehow inevitable?

I hope he's the first one voted out of Heroes vs. Villians. :dance3:

Edited to add:
I just found this article on NPR via a Facebook friend and I think it describes what happened this season pretty accurately.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2009/12/survivor_crowns_a_winner_offen.html

Well if I believed that was Natalie's plan it would make sense. It just happened to be her lack of planning that landed her the 1,000,000 :rotfl:

I have looked on the fan sites and have seen the rumored teams named. I have to tell you, if its close to accurate the villains are going to get slaughtered in challenges. I dont see how the villains would stand a chance, unless the heroes didnt pay attention to this season that is

i know that probably makes her angry, but it really is quite impressive how she can be that consistant and be on the leaderboard.

I think pink should audition!

i know that probably makes her angry, but it really is quite impressive how she can be that consistant and be on the leaderboard.

I think pink should audition!

That would be cool, she could team up with Russell :)

ROFL on the girl alliance!

sigh... indeed...

a winning strategy

On entertainment weekly's webpage:

Heroes

Rupert Boneham (Previous seasons: Pearl Islands, All-Stars)

James Clement (Previous seasons: China, Micronesia)

Colby Donaldson (Previous seasons: The Australian Outback, All-Stars)

Cirie Fields (Previous seasons: Panama, Micronesia)

Amanda Kimmell (Previous seasons: China, Micronesia)

Jessica “Sugar” Kiper (Previous season: Gabon)

Stephenie LaGrossa (Previous seasons: Palau, Guatemala)

James “J.T.” Thomas (Previous season: Tocantins)

Tom Westman (Previous season: Palau)

Candice Woodcock (Previous season: Cook Islands)

Villains

Tyson Apostol (Previous season: Tocantins)

Randy Bailey (Previous season: Gabon)

Sandra Diaz-Twine (Previous season: Pearl Islands)

Danielle DiLorenzo (Previous season: Panama)

Russell Hantz (Previous season: Samoa)

Jerri Manthey (Previous seasons: Australian Outback, All-Stars)

“Boston” Rob Mariano (Previous seasons: Marquesas, All-Stars)

Parvati Shallow (Previous seasons: Cook Islands, Micronesia)

“Coach” Benjamin Wade (Previous season: Tocantins)

Courtney Yates (Previous season: China)

I am rather disappointed, actually. I can't STAND Coach or Tyson or Randy or Russell - GAG . Even as "Villains" I am hoping they go away FAST. I am not the Parvati-hater that some are, but I really don't much like her either. On the "Heroes" side, I also can't STAND Sugar or Cirie.

The cast just has a really BLEH feel to me. The only ones I can see that *I* personally will root for are James, Amanda, or JT. And I just have to ask - WHERE'S MY OZZIE??!?!

Ok, do we have interest in starting up the fantasy survivor again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter