• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Vibration Issues Fixed?

Lilias

Ope
Has anyone recently been in the aft section of the Fantasy? I read that the bad vibration issues were supposedly fixed during the 2020 dry dock, but haven't seen any 2021 reports from people staying in the aft rooms confirm/deny!

I tentatively am staying in Fantasy 8674 2023 and it's basically the butt of the ship, and I worry about the horrible things I've read about the vibration issues on here o_O

Thank youuuu~

It was reportedly fixed in Europe when they took the ships over for drydock - but the issue mostly rears its head in the rougher winter waters on the longer Caribbean itineraries. We might have to wait till January/February to get a better idea.

We had rooms 9660, 9658, 9656 and 9654
Lots of vibration first night out.........but then it was fine after that.
This was last week so first night was Oct. 9
That’s good to hear! We are going on the fantasy in April and I’ll most likely end up in an aft room as we have a ocean view gty booked.

We were on one of the first sailings on the fantasy and the vibration issues were better, but not fixed. The only time we really felt it was in Animators eating dinner. We spent a lot of time in the clubs and in the aft of the ship and didn't feel much.

One thing to note with this though, Because we were just going to Castaway we never really got up to Speed/sped up a lot. We were going no more than half speed most of the time. This may be different when going full speed.

We were on one of the first sailings on the fantasy and the vibration issues were better, but not fixed. The only time we really felt it was in Animators eating dinner. We spent a lot of time in the clubs and in the aft of the ship and didn't feel much.

One thing to note with this though, Because we were just going to Castaway we never really got up to Speed/sped up a lot. We were going no more than half speed most of the time. This may be different when going full speed.
What is full speed? Curious.

When I was on the Fantasy I noticed the vibration when them speed was around 21/22 knots, which is very close to Its top speed. That occurred on the run from St. Thomas to Castaway Cay.

How much of a vibration difference is there from the Dream either then or now? We we’re on the Dream back in 2019 and thought it was fine. Curious to hear the comparison... TIA

Last edited:
We just spent 8 nights in aft stateroom 9172. We haven’t cruised in the aft before, so not sure how bad the vibration was before. Our first night was pretty rough. Lots of things rattling in the room. And strong vibrations in the cabin when sailing around 20 knots.

Maintenance added weather stripping to stop the rattles. We ended up liking the constant vibration - made for excellent sleeping.

We just spent 8 nights in aft stateroom 9172. We haven’t cruised in the aft before, so not sure how bad the vibration was before. Our first night was pretty rough. Lots of things rattling in the room. And strong vibrations in the cabin when sailing around 20 knots.

Maintenance added weather stripping to stop the rattles. We ended up liking the constant vibration - made for excellent sleeping.

I’ll be in 9172 on 11/11. Hope the weather stripping stays in place😁

I’ll be in 9172 on 11/11. Hope the weather stripping stays in place😁
Loved the cabin! Had them add weather stripping to the cabinet the refrigerator is in. They also added plastic padding to the back of the tv. Both rattles were fixed. Both were bad before the fixes.

You also need to keep clothes on the hangers and both bathroom doors fully closed. Will stop other rattles!

Still very bad. She shook AFT everyday when at full speed last week.
That is so disappointing to hear. DCL had plenty of time to get this resolved with the ship out of service due to Covid. So is it a problem that can't be fixed or one that DCL just doesn't want to spend the money on to get fixed.

That is so disappointing to hear. DCL had plenty of time to get this resolved with the ship out of service due to Covid. So is it a problem that can't be fixed or one that DCL just doesn't want to spend the money on to get fixed.

It seems like they've tried to fix it a few times already and the fixes just didn't work. Maybe they don't know what's wrong or they just don't know how to fix it.

I think some of the vibration maybe subjective too. The only issues I've seen with all the ships seem to be leaving Port Canaveral heading through the Florida Straits/Gulf Stream when they seem to be going at close to full speed. We also had big vibration issue on the Magic on a 2015 Transatlantic going from Norway to Copenhagen at 22 knots with a 50 knot portside wind. Sometimes the rough water can cause cavitation on the screw (propeller) which could translate to more aft vibrations.

How much of a vibration difference is there from the Dream either then or now? We we’re on the Dream back in 2019 and thought it was fine. Curious to hear the comparison... TIA

We sailed on the dream for 2 cruises in august in 10658 - aft cabin in the back. Didn’t feel any vibrations, although the dream never went full speed just going to castaway cay.

We sailed last week on the fantasy in 9172 - aft cabin in the back. Yes, there were some vibrations, much more than on our aft cabin on the dream. But, the vibrations were not enough to cause us to want to switch staterooms. The vibrations caused rattles in the room which were fixed on day 2 of the cruise.

Last edited:
We sailed on the dream for 2 cruises in august in 10658 - aft cabin in the back. Didn’t feel any vibrations, although the dream never went full speed just going to castaway cay.

We sailed last week in 9172 - aft cabin in the back. Yes, there were some vibrations, much more than on our aft cabin on the dream. But, the vibrations were not enough to cause us to want to switch staterooms. The vibrations caused rattles in the room which were fixed on day 2 of the cruise.
The issue is the Fantasy. The vibration problems have, for the most part, been with the Fantasy - not the Dream.

I think some of the vibration maybe subjective too. The only issues I've seen with all the ships seem to be leaving Port Canaveral heading through the Florida Straits/Gulf Stream when they seem to be going at close to full speed. We also had big vibration issue on the Magic on a 2015 Transatlantic going from Norway to Copenhagen at 22 knots with a 50 knot portside wind. Sometimes the rough water can cause cavitation on the screw (propeller) which could translate to more aft vibrations.
The issue I saw was on the St. Thomas to CC segment, it occurred all the time they were going 21/22 knots. In the Buena Vista theater panels were rattling, in The Tube the TV screens were shaking, in the rear elevator lobby the light fixture was shaking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter