Fantasy Western 4/27 - lots of sick going around!

I got this one but I think there were a couple options.

Here is another option (Chorox CLO 02174). We are heading out on the Fantasy on Saturday. I'll be using these as well as frequent washing!

Attachments

• 41ajG6+MkeL._SY90_.jpg
    41ajG6+MkeL._SY90_.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 39

It think its something like unless 3% of the ship's passengers/crew are sick then it does not have to be reported to the CDC.

MJ

This is correct ... at 3% they have to report to the CDC. However, apparently if you're just puking your guts out but don't have diarrhea as well, you don't count as sick for reporting purposes.

So interesting because I went on the fantasy April 6-13 and there was a good bunch that was sick on the ship. I only found this out afterwards because of our fb group. It sounds like they didn’t do a good job cleaning after our cruise. I wonder if the cruise after us and before this one had sickness issues.

I took so many precautions before boarding my last cruise (4-night on the Dream) washing my hands as vigorously and frequently as Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets. Day two I started getting some sort of cold. I don’t believe it was norovirus as I may have picked it up at POP where I stayed a few nights prior. I made the best of it and still tried to enjoy CC but I went through a lot of tissues.

The unfortunate thing is even though you take all those precautions, you can still end up sick.

i try not to touch 'stuff' while on cruises... handles, rails, etc. Maybe that's why I've never had any issues.. or it could be the copious amounts of rum and wine...

i try not to touch 'stuff' while on cruises... handles, rails, etc. Maybe that's why I've never had any issues.. or it could be the copious amounts of rum and wine...

Probably the rum and wine, because I touch stuff all day and haven't gotten sick on a cruise or at theme parks. However, I do ensure that I increase my daily intake of alcohol, so that must be it;)

So interesting because I went on the fantasy April 6-13 and there was a good bunch that was sick on the ship. I only found this out afterwards because of our fb group. It sounds like they didn’t do a good job cleaning after our cruise. I wonder if the cruise after us and before this one had sickness issues.

We were on the Fantasy April 13-20 and I didn't see or hear anything on the ship about people being sick. Through the FB group afterward I heard pink eye was going around and more cold/flu like symptom after debarkation type sickness not really any stomach things.

I was on the cruise the week before you. While I heard frequent coughing from other passengers (some children were hacking up a lung), I didn't hear or see any reports of throwing up or diarrhea or any unusual measures taken by staff related to sickness.

o_O

that wasnt very nice. How intolerant of you. . .
Cults, including the cult of Scientology, abuse all of their members. They use mind control techniques to get and keep members in the group, they drain their members financially, and they interfere with members' relationships with their families & friends, to name just a few of the most widespread abuses that happen to all members. Much worse abuses happen to a smaller number of members. It isn't nice to turn a blind eye to that.

Last edited:
I've had Noro once but at home. I was extremely ill and ended up needing to spend the night in the hospital for fluids. I'm so sorry for those of you who were sick.

Here is another option (Chorox CLO 02174). We are heading out on the Fantasy on Saturday. I'll be using these as well as frequent washing!

That’s what I use for my hands and the chlorox hospital grade peroxide to wipe down surfaces on the plane, hotel rooms, ship cabins (also Amazon). Last year cabin steward made a comment to me that he sanitizes the room; I think as reassurance but also sounded a bit defensive. Probably when he saw my packets in garbage. Better to be safe.

Wipes and gels though do little to prevent cold type viruses when folks sneeze or cough into the air.

We’ll also be on the Fantasy!!

It think its something like unless 3% of the ship's passengers/crew are sick then it does not have to be reported to the CDC.

MJ

From the CDC:

1. When 2% or more of the passengers or crew have gastrointestinal illness. Staff must send this report any time the vessel is in the United States or within 15 days of arriving at a U.S. port.
  2. If 3% or more of the passengers or crew have gastrointestinal illness, cruise ship staff must send an additional report.

I don't believe DCL has ever reported enough illness. I don't remember hearing about any Disney ship with noro either. Honestly, I don't believe them.

This is correct ... at 3% they have to report to the CDC. However, apparently if you're just puking your guts out but don't have diarrhea as well, you don't count as sick for reporting purposes.

From the CDC:

1. When 2% or more of the passengers or crew have gastrointestinal illness. Staff must send this report any time the vessel is in the United States or within 15 days of arriving at a U.S. port.
  2. If 3% or more of the passengers or crew have gastrointestinal illness, cruise ship staff must send an additional report.

Some of the posts here on Disboards have said Disney didn't do anything when they were sick so assume they didn't TAKE a report which means they don't report anything either.

From the CDC:

I don't believe DCL has ever reported enough illness. I don't remember hearing about any Disney ship with noro either. Honestly, I don't believe them.
The Wonder had noro once, I believe. They aren't lying about anything. They keep the ships extremely clean. They also have only 4 ships, so that makes it less likely that you'll hear about an outbreak on a DCL ship vs. Carnival, which has a lot more ships.

From the CDC:

In 2016 the Wonder had an outbreak in the vicinity of 5%. As we were leaving the ship, the CDC was boarding. So yes, they have reported outbreaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter