FAQ about the Hotel Express Pass - AKA FOTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are finally flipping over to the Universal. I am surprised at the cost of the hotel at 360 per nite. Is it really all that to have the express pass?

We've never paid that much at Royal Pacific--usually closer to $270 per night for a standard 2 Queen or standard King-- but to answer your question about Express Pass: In our experience, Yes. Yes it really is all that.

Of course we generally stay in moderate to busy crowd seasons, so I can't speak to the worth if you are going at a less busy time. I personally feel the early entry plus express pass (as well as the ambiance at RPR) help make our vacation go from fun to all out WOW.

Thank you. I got it down to 340 USD and booked with Obitz. We will continue to watch it and try to find a better deal.

maybe they are talking about the deluxe rooms which include the pull out sofa.
costs more than the standard rooms that have the 2 beds in the room.

in the standard rooms at pbh, you can use the star service button on your room phone and request bedding to be brought to your room.
make a pallet on the floor for one of the kids.
request blankets, linens, pillows, etc
no charge for that.

Is there enough room in the standard for a roll away bed? How is the room size compared to a Disney moderate?

Just booked Cabana Bay and bought the Unlimited Pass. That is the same perk as staying at the other three hotels right, other than the fact I paid out of pocket for it and not with the room?

Just booked Cabana Bay and bought the Unlimited Pass. That is the same perk as staying at the other three hotels right, other than the fact I paid out of pocket for it and not with the room?
same perks as if you were staying at one of the 3 deluxe resorts.

you do get EE as you are onsite.

I qualify for the military discount so I usually purchase my tickets at my local MWR or in Orlando at Shades of Green. If I purchase Universal tickets at SOG (Express is not offered) will I then be able to update to Express within the park?

The ep tickets can be bought in the park or on line

It is a separate ticket from the theme park ticket

it can be found on the website in advance

if you are staying in the onsite hotels, info is listed in your check in packet.

also, signs can be up to advertise daily which park has early entry.

Last edited:
Thank you. I got it down to 340 USD and booked with Obitz. We will continue to watch it and try to find a better deal.

I was checking pricing on the Universal Hotels yesterday. I was able to get a price of $292/nt for Royal Pacific at Cheap Tix.

Actually they have an additional code for 20% off which I was able to use to make it even cheaper. I'm now booked at RP with a rate of about $235/night.

Last edited:
I bookmarked that site when Robbie posted it last week

It shows a longer range of ee

The original post here is from 2008. It says that your key is your EP, but we stayed once a couple of years ago and had to get a photo taken for our pass - which was separate from our key.
What is the current procedure?

The original post here is from 2008. It says that your key is your EP, but we stayed once a couple of years ago and had to get a photo taken for our pass - which was separate from our key.
What is the current procedure?

That's still the procedure.........You don't use your room key as EP any more.

You do take room key to EP machine and it prints off your EP with picture.......never the greatest pictures are they.....lol.......

if I understand this.. staying at RPR with tickets bought from undercover tourist we will have to carry our room key, express pass and park tickets - meaning you cant combine them on one "card" ?

if I understand this.. staying at RPR with tickets bought from undercover tourist we will have to carry our room key, express pass and park tickets - meaning you cant combine them on one "card" ?

Correct.

They all fit in a lanyard, not inconvenient at all.

Have your EP facing one way and you won't even have to remove it. Park ticket you remove once.

thanks! any good lanyard recommendations that others have had good luck with - comfortable, ect..? What about charging at the resort / parks - room key for that? We ' want to take wallets / purses in to the park with the restrictions on the rides.. cell phones will be hard enough to stick in lockers :) I am assuming the lanyards are ok on the rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter