FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so cause that’s what I used.

I didn’t have to show any ID, my friend had to screen shot her DL

both places just needed a address of where you were staying.

BtW. Still no results for my friend but she just did the Rmble one.

If you drive back into Canada with a fully vaccinated party of 4, and one person presents a positive test result, how long do you have do quarantine for and do all four people have to quarantine for that same duration? (and I know about the possible 5K fine and do not care to discuss).

Thanks!

If you drive back into Canada with a fully vaccinated party of 4, and one person presents a positive test result, how long do you have do quarantine for and do all four people have to quarantine for that same duration? (and I know about the possible 5K fine and do not care to discuss).

Thanks!
Technically, only positive people are not supposed to cross. They are supposed to remain in isolation outside the country for 10 days.
But here's where it gets really confusing. That's federal guidelines. So, if they cross anyway (and, yes, let's ignore the fines) into a province that has different quarantine mandates, they then fall under those. So, here in Ontario that's five days.

Has anyone paid the extra money to have Beeper MD come at a more specific time? And did they show up?

Technically, only positive people are not supposed to cross. They are supposed to remain in isolation outside the country for 10 days.
But here's where it gets really confusing. That's federal guidelines. So, if they cross anyway (and, yes, let's ignore the fines) into a province that has different quarantine mandates, they then fall under those. So, here in Ontario that's five days.
I just read that its the stricker of the restrictions, meaning ten days.

I just read that its the stricker of the restrictions, meaning ten days.
Huh. I believe you - but that doesn't make any sense. Why does where you test matter? If you get the virus in Toronto - isolate for five days. But get it in Buffalo (and drive to Toronto) - 10 days?
I don't know that the Provincial guidelines address this. The feds may say stay out of the country for 10 days, but if I made it back to Ontario, I would assume those mandates now apply. But it is good that you pointed this out.
I just think this points to the need for further clarification and alignment of the rules, if that is they are comfortable with traveling resuming.

@spewey If you travel outside of Canada, you are then subject to the Federal Rules upon return. I know someone that tested positive on their arrival test - they had to isolate for 10 days, even though Alberta rules is 5.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation#isolation
Edit to add.. I'm pretty sure they were jealous of the two of us stuck in Florida, that only had to isolate for 5 days, could leave the place we were staying at to go for walks, and were basically free after Day 5..with a mask.

Last edited:

Actually, if you cross while positive OR traveled internationally within the last 14 days and develop symptoms or test positive, you are subject to the federal guidelines even if your province has a shorter isolation period.

See: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

The quote below is just part of what one is required to follow.

Positive arrival test, symptoms, or exposure after your arrival

Monitor for symptoms for 14 days after your arrival.

If a fully vaccinated traveller or unvaccinated child under 12 years of age tests positive:

If a parent, step-parent, guardian, or tutor a child has travelled with experiences symptoms or tests positive:

If a person you travelled with develops symptoms or tests positive, you must begin a 14-day quarantine period starting from your last exposure to the person.

You must provide proof of your test results, if asked, to any federal, provincial, territorial or municipal government official or peace officer.

END QUOTE

SW

Is there anywhere that has free RAT type tests near WDW? My understanding these have the lowest sensitivity and also have the quickest turn around times.

The quote below is just part of what one is required to follow.

This is how I'm reading the current document. They've inserted language as of Feb.28th instead of a total revision which is what I believe should have been done given that the travel advisory dropped to level 2.

Keep in mind that you are quoting from the "Arrival Testing" section of the travel restrictions. There are many rules under this section that are not found in the "Pre-entry Testing".

They way I read the current Pre-Entry Testing section is that you are required to have your pre-entry test results, ArriveCan filled out, proof of vaccination and a quarantine plan. If you were to have all negative tests there is no mention of having any responsibilities past this point other then what your province currently requires.

If you have a positive test then you are not supposed to enter for 10 days. There is no guidance on what happens when you are permitted to enter Canada other then the threat of a fine up to $5000. All reports I've heard are that no one is being fined when they cross the land border with a positive test. The likely outcome is your sent home to follow your quarantine plan for 10 days but that is not a certainty.

If you have a positive test then you are not supposed to enter for 10 days. There is no guidance on what happens when you are permitted to enter Canada other then the threat of a fine up to $5000. All reports I've heard are that no one is being fined when they cross the land border with a positive test. The likely outcome is your sent home to follow your quarantine plan for 10 days but that is not a certainty.

Just to add some precision to this - section 5.1 of the federal Order in Council that is currently in force requires individuals crossing with a positive test to isolate for 10 days. I've posted elsewhere in another thread that this is the underlying legal instrument that various government websites are communicating in plain language (or at least one of the legal instruments -- there are others). Sorry I can't post a link to the Order -- disboards thinks it's spam -- maybe because I am an infrequent poster :)

Requirements — isolation

5.1 (1) Every person who enters Canada and who has reasonable grounds to suspect they have COVID-19, exhibits signs and symptoms of COVID-19, knows that they have COVID-19 or has received a positive result for any type of COVID-19 test that was performed on a specimen collected within a period of 10 days before the day on which they enter Canada or on the day on which they enter Canada must isolate themselves without delay in accordance with the instructions provided by a screening officer or quarantine officer in a place that meets the conditions set out in subsection (2) and remain in isolation until the expiry of the 10-day period that begins on the day on which the person enters Canada or any other applicable isolation period.

Last edited:
Just an update on BeeperMd services in Orlando
We had booked them for 5 people for rapid antigen tests on a Wednesday from 9:00-1:00
They texted at 9 to confirm appointment from 10:10-1:00
No news at 1:00 so I call them and after 35 min on the phone, they tell me that Britney something was assigned to our appointment and she was running late but would be here no later than 14:15, and to call them back if she didn’t
Obviously, no call at 14:30 so they looked and told me I had cancelled the appointment!!! (Which I obviously hadn’t!)
So we started looking for a plan B but nothing was available on such short notice aside from very expensive options (179$/person for antigen tests!)
Long story short, the nice lady who was on the phone was able to reassign someone to our testing who finally came at our hotel at 6:15
Thankfully it was a rest day for us and everything worked out fine in the end, but it was extremely stressful
I would definitely bring rapid antigen tests from switch health next time if tests are still required
Otherwise, beeperMd did provide an amazing service when they were finally there and we got our reports by email shortly after, so if you want to use them I would definitely pay the extra fee to have a one hour window (20$pp) - I am pretty sure they were overbooked and started with their paying guests at first
I will be happy to answer questions if anyone has them

And i am happy to report that we spent a wonderful week in Disney, and despite no masks, no physical distancing and massive crowds, we all tested negative for Covid! 👍🏻

And i am happy to report that we spent a wonderful week in Disney, and despite no masks, no physical distancing and massive crowds, we all tested negative for Covid! 👍🏻

Glad it worked out in the end for you.

This is very encouraging as I thought it was pretty much an impossible outcome.

Just got back from Florida. I just want to warn people NOT to use this location:
To the moderator (please remove them from the list!)

Disney Maingate (Northshore Clinical Labs) Molecular or Rapid Antigen (unknown how long PCR result takes)
3010 Maingate Lane, Kissimmee
0800-1700 Appointment Required. Can make appointment same day.
maingate-testing.as.me

Northshore Clinical Labs
Schedule your appointment online Northshore Clinical Labs
maingate-testing.as.me

We ended up booking an appointment there for our Antigen tests the day before our flight. We filled the forms before our arrival. Once we drove up, it was already looking pretty shady. The testing site was in a pop up tent in the middle of a parking lot with no signage and no one wearing masks. There were two women taking tests. We walked up to them and indicated we had appointments. That is when they told us, that we would not get our results until 3 or 4 days later since the lab that they used to work with dropped them. I asked what we were supposed to do or if they knew where we could get tested. They shrugged and never answered. The people behind us let us know that they had taken their tests 2 days ago and still hadn't received their results so they came back to see what was going on. They were really mad!

Anyway, we ended up looking for a new place in our car. Finally found the testing site below which offers Antigen Tests for travel and guaranteed results in one hour. We ended up paying $129 USD for each test but it was worth it. The place was super professional and it was legit.
Here is the info for anyone looking:
https://www.covidclinic.org/652670
We went to get tested at the Vineland Site (16-18 minutes from Disney World)
8201 Vineland Ave, Orlando, FL 32821
Open from 9:00AM to 4:30PM
It was in a trailer at the back of the Vineland Outlet Mall. (the one that has Uggs)
You can book an appointment or just do a walk-up. If you are planning to do their PCR test, then arrive before 4PM.

Got our Antigen test result in under an hour. Also got a free PCR test done at the same time (in case we tested positive and had to wait 10 days for our return to Canada)
They sent our Antigen test results by email and phone within the hour and got the PCR test results the next day! Had no problem at airport or at customs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter