FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from Florida. I just want to warn people NOT to use this location:
To the moderator (please remove them from the list!)

Disney Maingate (Northshore Clinical Labs) Molecular or Rapid Antigen (unknown how long PCR result takes)
3010 Maingate Lane, Kissimmee
0800-1700 Appointment Required. Can make appointment same day.
maingate-testing.as.me

Northshore Clinical Labs
Schedule your appointment online Northshore Clinical Labs
maingate-testing.as.me

We ended up booking an appointment there for our Antigen tests the day before our flight. We filled the forms before our arrival. Once we drove up, it was already looking pretty shady. The testing site was in a pop up tent in the middle of a parking lot with no signage and no one wearing masks. There were two women taking tests. We walked up to them and indicated we had appointments. That is when they told us, that we would not get our results until 3 or 4 days later since the lab that they used to work with dropped them. I asked what we were supposed to do or if they knew where we could get tested. They shrugged and never answered. The people behind us let us know that they had taken their tests 2 days ago and still hadn't received their results so they came back to see what was going on. They were really mad!

Anyway, we ended up looking for a new place in our car. Finally found the testing site below which offers Antigen Tests for travel and guaranteed results in one hour. We ended up paying $129 USD for each test but it was worth it. The place was super professional and it was legit.
Here is the info for anyone looking:
https://www.covidclinic.org/View attachment 652670
We went to get tested at the Vineland Site (16-18 minutes from Disney World)
8201 Vineland Ave, Orlando, FL 32821
Open from 9:00AM to 4:30PM
It was in a trailer at the back of the Vineland Outlet Mall. (the one that has Uggs)
You can book an appointment or just do a walk-up. If you are planning to do their PCR test, then arrive before 4PM.

Got our Antigen test result in under an hour. Also got a free PCR test done at the same time (in case we tested positive and had to wait 10 days for our return to Canada)
They sent our Antigen test results by email and phone within the hour and got the PCR test results the next day! Had no problem at airport or at customs.
I'm planning on going to Walgreens to get a NAAT Molecule test. It is free and results seem to be coming back within 4 hours. The NAAT Test you can get done up to 72 hours before flight. 24 hours is way to tight for me.

I'm planning on going to Walgreens to get a NAAT Molecule test. It is free and results seem to be coming back within 4 hours. The NAAT Test you can get done up to 72 hours before flight. 24 hours is way to tight for me.
We have the same strategy in mind!

Yes, I would recommend that instead for sure!

I've used walgreens rapid ID Now tests twice, once in Orlando and once in Buffalo. Both times were super quick and easy and we had our results in less than 2 hourseven though they said it would be within 4. I would recommend walgreens to anyone who asked me.

Yep, so much for antigen tests "easing" travel restrictions. We'll also be sticking with the Rapid molecular tests at Walgreens.

Agreed, at least for US travel. Allowing rapid tests is probably more helpful for destinations where molecular tests are more expensive or harder to find.

Walgreens is still our "plan A" as well. The only thing the new rules have won us is a backup plan. If something goes wrong with our NAAT test or someone tests positive, we'll fall back to finding a local RAT or maybe using that Life Centers service or something similar. Luckily we still have ten unused rapid tests that the Ontario government sent home with our kids last Christmas!

Agreed, at least for US travel. Allowing rapid tests is probably more helpful for destinations where molecular tests are more expensive or harder to find.

Walgreens is still our "plan A" as well. The only thing the new rules have won us is a backup plan. If something goes wrong with our NAAT test or someone tests positive, we'll fall back to finding a local RAT or maybe using that Life Centers service or something similar. Luckily we still have ten unused rapid tests that the Ontario government sent home with our kids last Christmas!
If someone tests positive won't Walgreens report it to the Health Department? If you had a positive NAAT Test but a negative Antigen Test are you still able to fly?

If someone tests positive won't Walgreens report it to the Health Department? If you had a positive NAAT Test but a negative Antigen Test are you still able to fly?

A positive NAAT test doesn't necessarily mean that you currently have covid. It just means that it is still showing up in your system. A negative antigen test will allow you to fly according to the new regulations. That's all you have to show.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody will follow up on a positive test with you.

a) I didn't necessarily mean a positive test. Sometimes results are slow coming back, appointments are missed or cancelled, etc.
b) I have no idea if it is reported or not, but it's worth noting that a positive molecular test doesn't necessarily indicate an active infection. I would follow up with a RAT anyway, especially if only one family member threw a positive.
c) Last time I flew internationally, the airline (Air Canada) insisted I had to show negative test results and ArriveCan approval at check-in. That was Air Canada last summer though, YMMV.

I wouldn't fly if I thought we were infectious, but we are driving to Syracuse and flying domestically to avoid some of the hassle with international flights, so test results wouldn't be required for the flight itself.

Hi! Looking for some help. We are trying to register for the PCR test on the Walgreens website. However we are getting stuck at the insurance page. It wants us to signal if we have insurance. Our insurer isn't listed.

If we put "I have no insurance" it wants us to put our State and Drivers license number. Canadian provinces aren't listed. If we don't select a state, it won't let us click through to complete the booking.

Any tips?

Hi! Looking for some help. We are trying to register for the PCR test on the Walgreens website. However we are getting stuck at the insurance page. It wants us to signal if we have insurance. Our insurer isn't listed.

If we put "I have no insurance" it wants us to put our State and Drivers license number. Canadian provinces aren't listed. If we don't select a state, it won't let us click through to complete the booking.

Any tips?
Huh - I've not seen that. I just jumped on their site and clicked through - didn't ask me this question. Perhaps it's particular to the PCR test? I've never booked that - and not sure why anyone would? Can you instead book the Rapid ID Now NAAT test - and make sure to use the address you're staying at in the States.

Has anyone else tried Maingate for Antigen, as I know someone that did it in January and it was not the same experience as poster earlier in this thread. The person I know did the Rapid Antigen and had results same day.

Regardless, I can only personally vouch for Walgreens & Curative (Rumble) because I have been to both.

Any tips?

Make sure you are clicking on the ID NOW test and not the PCR test. You have to click the one with the red dot. That is the molecular test that is allowed to be done up to 72 hours. If you click the PCR test, they ask you for insurance info.

Last edited:

My cousin is down there now, and tested positive for Covid last weekend at Walgreens over the weekend. Yesterday she got a call from Florida Health Services advising her that she had to quarantine for 5 days, and could not fly for 10 days. She was already quarantining.

I heard a story of someone that tried to fly - but was denied boarding. The CDC website does say there are do not fly lists…and I’m guessing if you say you are testing for travel, this could be reported.

Thank you to spewey and damo! Situation is rectified. I rebooked us with the IDNOW NAAT tests. I had completely missed the difference in return times for that test and the PCR.

Now just crossing our fingers for negative Switch Health tests before we leave!

Just wanted to share that I had a very positive experience with MedioneRx this morning for our antigen tests. They offer 24h appointment times and since you don't pay until your appointment, there are no upfront costs. Process was simple and efficient and we had our results within 10 mins of ending the zoom call this morning. The cost is $24.99/person.

Just wanted to share that I had a very positive experience with MedioneRx this morning for our antigen tests. They offer 24h appointment times and since you don't pay until your appointment, there are no upfront costs. Process was simple and efficient and we had our results within 10 mins of ending the zoom call this morning. The cost is $24.99/person.
Thanks for sharing! Did you have to stay on the call until the results came back? I'm trying to figure out timing.

Thanks for sharing! Did you have to stay on the call until the results came back? I'm trying to figure out timing.

Yes, but during that time, the nurse reviewed our passport information. When we finished that, I showed her the test results and we were done. The whole process was 20 minutes, if that.

Posted on another discussion but does anyone have first hand information about using Switch Health Antigen test to enter the U.S? Flying out on Saturday and want to insure their video tests are accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter