• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fashion Guide to Disney-Girls Only

Waterproof mascara is the best thing to have in wdw. esp on the water rides. no black tears!

Kelly, I was talking about September. When we went in early December I wore jeans and a hoodie every day all day. It was pretty chilly most of the time.

I wear flip flops too, guys. I do suggest getting some with some kind grippy (?) sole at the bottom. Not like Old Navy's. Their flip flops are just pretty slick on the bottom. With that kind of sole you will for sure go sliding if your shoes get wet. I was coming down the monorail ramp last year and it was raining, and I basically just slid a few feet down because of my shoes, lol. But I do suggest flip flops in the summer, because your feet will be able to breathe and they're cooler.

i have never worn tennis shoes to disney before hahaha. but i am from florida and for the majority when you grow up down hear you grow up in flip flops, i could prolly run the mile run in them...i have my reefs, rainbows, and some nicer ones for church and stuff but i usually wear my reefs to the parks

Im from new england, and I grew up in flip flops, def. recommend for any water-possible-rides

Im from new england, and I grew up in flip flops, def. recommend for any water-possible-rides

Another New Englander (and New Hampshirite at that!) that grew up in flip flops/sandals checking in. I wear my birkenstocks almost 365 days a year, even in the snow!

My tip: I love to eat at Disney, and sometimes we have large meals when we still have several hours in the parks left before heading back to our room. If you know in advance that this will happen, wear a pair of pants/shorts that is slightly too big. The last thing I want at Disney is feeling like my pants are too tight because of a big meal!

Another New Englander (and New Hampshirite at that!) that grew up in flip flops/sandals checking in. I wear my birkenstocks almost 365 days a year, even in the snow!

My tip: I love to eat at Disney, and sometimes we have large meals when we still have several hours in the parks left before heading back to our room. If you know in advance that this will happen, wear a pair of pants/shorts that is slightly too big. The last thing I want at Disney is feeling like my pants are too tight because of a big meal!

Haha how do you guys wear flip flops all year round?! Do you mean indoors only?

Haha how do you guys wear flip flops all year round?! Do you mean indoors only?

Don't surprised. I'm a FL girl and it can get pretty cold. 40-late 30's. and I wear flip flops.

Of course I'm also the freak who doesn't wear a jacket in cold weather and wears jeans in the heat of summer. :laughing:

i hate jean jackets.
if your going to bring one, dont wear them with jeans. please.

i have an irrational hatred for:
wedge flip flops
bangs (not side bangs)
& jean jackets .

plz no jean jackets in disney .

Don't surprised. I'm a FL girl and it can get pretty cold. 40-late 30's. and I wear flip flops.

Of course I'm also the freak who doesn't wear a jacket in cold weather and wears jeans in the heat of summer. :laughing:

Well I don't consider that very strange. Living in New England and wearing sandals during the winter I find puzzling. Haha I mean I can't imagine walking outside with snow on the ground in flip flops.

at my school , people wear flip flops year round .
and i live in PA so it can get pretty cold .

me neither. That's so weird. But I wear flip-flops all the time in the Summer. I don't even really wear sneakers. I don't wear other shoes either.

Well I don't consider that very strange. Living in New England and wearing sandals during the winter I find puzzling. Haha I mean I can't imagine walking outside with snow on the ground in flip flops.
oh...haha so you might find it strange that if i need to go outside for some reason, for a short distance i normally go barefoot. in the winter. In new hampshire. haha sometimes i put on flip flops. but if its a kinda short distance, i go barefoot

I wore flip flops the whole time last trip. Good idea, but make sure you bring an extra pair of shoes. Old navy flip flops were okay for me about the first 5 days, but then I got a blister so I really needed some tennis shoes or something.

ITA with Jenny, I fixed my hair one day and wore my regular makeup and I never did it again. The next day I just blow dried my hair and put it up in a ponytail and put on some foundation. It's not worth doing it all when you'll just sweat it off or your hair will frizz out.

I love looking nice but I don't care when I'm at disney. I don't pay attention to what other people wear and I don't expect them to pay attention to me. I go there to have a good time wether I look good doing it or not. lol. I plan on wearing shorts and a t-shirt/tank top everyday.

Bring sunscreen. :p

oh...haha so you might find it strange that if i need to go outside for some reason, for a short distance i normally go barefoot. in the winter. In new hampshire. haha sometimes i put on flip flops. but if its a kinda short distance, i go barefoot

bwaha you are very brave. :]
I live in Massachusetts and I would never do that in the winter!

:flower3:I am goin to Disney World in 16 days for my third time :). I am thirteen and started goin to Disney when I was four but got realllllly sick (Don't know why either :/). So the first time I whent I think it was in May or June, and thats when I got sick so not really sure about clothing then. The second tie was in 2007 from April 5th - April 18th, and I wore Crocks, and light Sneakers. I also brought water shoes for the pools to keep away from warts :/, I personally hate them alot but I also hate warts to the shoes win, ahaha. So now I am goin in 16 Days and I am reallllly excited! So this time I shall bring:

3 Pairs of Flip-Flops
4 light Tees
1 very light hoodie
5 Pairs of shorts
2 Pairs of Capris
1 Pair of my school shoes

So yeah.. Btw, on like... the 4th day there I am goin off to the malls. Yay! So thats why not very many things... So if you have any... Thoughts? Idk... ahaha. Anyway... hope that helps...with September visitors, ahaha.

16 Days till my 3rd Disney Trip !
Sept. 23rd - Oct. 3rd

:flower3: Mom :cheer2: Me 13 :woohoo: Brother 9 :littleangel: Nan

:blush: Nan's Friend :daisy: Nan's other Friend

i have an irrational hatred for:
wedge flip flops
bangs (not side bangs)
& jean jackets .

plz no jean jackets in disney .

What did bangs ever do to you??????

#12 Ok, they might look a little goofy, but crocs are good because they're waterproof, stay on better than flip-flops, and are COM-FY! and u can buy cute disney charms!

My Minnie Jane Crocs are my BEST FRIEND!!!!! I love them! :lovestruc I think they're cute, and OH SOOOO comfy!!!! :) :)

My tip: (lost count lol) Bring a Hidden Mickey or trivia book for long lines. Even WITH Fastpass, we all know those horribly long lines. The time flies with something to do! :goodvibes

I only wear crocs when I'm at Disney. I don't care if people think they are ugly. They are a million times more comfy than my old navy flips! lol.

I completely agree about the makeup/hair! :rotfl: My hair is short so I almost have to straighten it =/ but if I didn't have to I would definately just wear it up! And waterproof mascara is needed. I don't bother with foundation or eyeshadows.. I just sweat it off! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter