Fast and Furious ride announced!!

Or should I say a leaked announcement on Twitter was announced,so not official YET,but it's even on the Orlando Sentinel.I'm glad if it's confirmed San Francisco is staying and not becoming SoCal,and Beetlejuice also closing points to the rumor of it moving to the Fear Factor location.The story says Disaster closing Sept 8th (same date as Hulk) and Beetle juice later in the year.

Last edited:

I had posted the article here from Orlandoparksnews but removed it when I saw it wasn't yet official and only a leak of the upcoming announcement,they still have the announcement on their website if anyone wants to see it with some artwork of the attraction.Out of curiosity I googled the announcement and saw another piece of artwork of the attraction showing the Disaster trams in the attraction,I'm sure hoping the attraction is more than just the latest incarnation of the ride.Since the article states that Beetlejuice is also closing it makes me think that there has to be more to this attraction but who knows.

Last edited:
Wow that sounds awesome, but yeah I hope its something different besides the same BTTF/Simpsons/HP rides. I miss the old Kong ride at Universal where you actually moved in a scaled trolly through giant sets

I had posted the article here from Orlandoparksnews but removed it when I saw it wasn't yet official and only a leak of the upcoming announcement,they still have the announcement on their website if anyone wants to see it with some artwork of the attraction.Out of curiosity I googled the announcement and saw another piece of artwork of the attraction showing the Disaster trams in the attraction,I'm sure hoping the attraction is more than just the latest incarnation of the ride.Since the article states that Beetlejuice is also closing it makes me think that there has to be more to this attraction but who knows.

That artwork was from the Hollywood tram tour. This is something much different, probably closer to test track (but even that would be a bad comparison)

So twister, Disaster and Beetlejuice are going to close??? seems like a large portion of the studios to be closed at once..

So twister, Disaster and Beetlejuice are going to close??? seems like a large portion of the studios to be closed at once..

Even throwing "Lucy: A Tribute" into the mix it's not as big of a section of the park compared to what DHS has closed down.

upload_2015-8-25_14-57-14.png

You Still have 11 rides available and multiple shows:
Minion Mayhem
HRRR
ROTM
Transformers
E.T.
Wood Woodpecker Nuthouse
Kodos and Kang
Simpsons
Men in Black
Gringotts
Hogwarts Express

That's nearly as many "rides" as DAK and DHS combined. Also, assuming the facades stay, construction will be relatively hidden from view.

Announcement up (for real this time)

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/fast-furious-ride/

All-New Fast & Furious Ride Coming to Universal Orlando Resort in 2017

You’ve seen the cars. You’ve seen the action. And soon, you’ll be able to live it.

I’m so excited to share that one of the most successful film franchises of all-time will soon become one of Universal Orlando Resort‘s most action-packed ride experiences.

Buckle your seatbelts, because in 2017, Fast & Furious: Supercharged is coming to Universal Studios Florida. You’ll feel like part of the “Fast family” as you embark on a thrilling new Fast & Furious adventure that will put you right in the middle of the action.

This ride is going to fuse everything you love about the films with an original storyline and incredible ride technology. You’ll get to check out some of the high-speed, supercharged cars you’ve seen on the big screen. You’ll be immersed in the underground racing world made famous in the films and explore the headquarters of Toretto and his team. Then, you’ll board specially-designed vehicles for an adrenaline-pumping ride with your favorite stars from the films.

To make way for Fast & Furious: Supercharged, Disaster: A Major Motion Picture Starring You! will close permanently on September 8, 2015, with Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue closing later this year.

There’s SO much to share about this thrilling new ride—I can’t wait to share more details in the future. Make sure you stay tuned to the blog for updates.

interesting that the mention of San Francisco from the leak is now removed.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm so upset that Disaster will be closed on September 8th. I have fond memories of riding 'Earthquake' and was looking forward to riding this for my October vacation. This very much saddens me. And I'm going to be very unhappy if they permanently take away Beetlejuice! Like...livid! Lol. Please Uni, don't take away Beetlejuice!!!

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm so upset that Disaster will be closed on September 8th. I have fond memories of riding 'Earthquake' and was looking forward to riding this for my October vacation. This very much saddens me. And I'm going to be very unhappy if they permanently take away Beetlejuice! Like...livid! Lol. Please Uni, don't take away Beetlejuice!!!

I'm with you on Disaster. I personally hate Fast & Furious. The first film was good but there were way too many films after. I'll reserve judgement until i see the new ride but I'll miss Disaster. I wish they would announce these things earlier - at least give some more notice to rides closing forever. I would have done it back in Jan if I'd known.

BJ was an awful show when I saw it in December, out of tune *shudders*

and then you have those, like me, that really enjoyed the show over the years......

not everyone likes the same thing.

i thought the show was fun and lively!

It's a personal tradition of mine to see the BJ show (and blues brothers) every time I visit the park, but I have to admit the latest version of the show is a bit meh. Sucks that they are taking it out as it is iconic, but I think it's been doomed for awhile.

I have high hopes for the FnF ride, but like others I hope it's not just another transformers/spiderman clone.

We've been to UO twice totalling 16 days and never once had the urge to step foot in Beatlie Juice. We went to Disaster once each trip. It was ok, but I'm sure a new state of the art attraction like F & F will blow these old attractions out of the water. Not really happy about more attractions being closed for our December trip, but there's lots of new stuff since our last trip to balance that out.

Overall, really looking forward to all the new attractions at both UO and WDW in the coming years!!

Good riddance to Disaster IMO. Attraction takes up way too much time and isn't all that interesting unless you are chosen to participate. The Earthquake sequence is a Universal legend, but it's lived well past it's time. Something new and exciting is better for the resort. F&F7 made over a billion at the box office and made more globally than the Avengers sequel. I'm not a fan of the franchise, but I can see why Universal is doing this. It just puzzles me it took them this long to add a F&F attraction, it's the most popular IP inside their own house outside of now possibly Jurassic Park. The outside IPs are cool, but Universal needs to promote their own its in the park too. As for Beetlejuice, I will miss the show if it's gone forever, but it may return in Fear Factor so we'll see.

The thing with these new attractions is that if they're done well enough it doesn't matter if you are a fan of the movie. We're not HP fans at all, but we enjoy HP attractions because they are done very well. We're not big Avatar fans but we're fully expecting The new attraction to be awesome. I've seen people applaud and complain about every closure and new attraction, there's no way to please everyone. But I feel if the attractions are well done it doesn't matter if I'm a fan. New and modern attraction generate excitement and interest.

Hopefully uni will make a great ride out of the area. Everyone has different rides/shows they like and dislike and I get that. However, I haven't been on disaster in years, never watched Beetle Juice or any of the HP shows. I've seen small parts of the hp shows but I'm just not interested. I finally watched all the movies last year but still am not potter fan. But.....the hp areas are amazing and we enjoy our time in them. My family is all about the rides and is personally love to see universal being a few serious coasters. I also love wooden coasters so would welcome the addition of one or two of those. I for one miss the old backlot tours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter