Fast Pass

Give me a 40 minute wait all day long vs 90 or 120 min stand by. I dont like getting 3 rides a day then 90 mins for everything else.

with no FP+ it is at least "fair" for everyone. FP+ stand by lines are a joke.
Really? 40 minutes wait time all day makes any trip to WDW miserable. With several trips before pandemic, we never waited more than 20 minutes for any ride. Always had 5-10 fast passes per day and never had to wait longer than 20 minutes for any ride, even on standby. If you know how to use fast passes, you never had to wait in any line more than 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Give me a 40 minute wait all day long vs 90 or 120 min stand by. I dont like getting 3 rides a day then 90 mins for everything else.

...but that’s not how FP+ worked. After your first three you could book additional fast passes one at a time all day long. We hardly ever waited in a standby line.

I would say that our average wait was 15 to 20 minutes all day long because of FP+, and that included all the headliners

Dan

They to do Express pass like Universal. Free for deluxe- paid for rest. Limited amount
I have seen Universal and WDW compared on DIS many times. You can spend 2-3 days at Universal at a deluxe resort and see everything. WDW is not a 2-3-day vacation. A deluxe stay at WDW would cost an average family for a 7-10 days $$$, so you can't really compare these two vacations. I feel that most people that don't like fastpasses are either APs holders/locals that can't get fastpasses on the day of their visit so they have to wait on standby lines, or they are DVC owners who have APs, resort stay is already paid for and don't mind paying extra for fastpasses. For occasional travelers, adding more $$ for fastpasses to resort and ticket costs, can be difficult to pay if you used to get it for free.

Recently returned from a 8 day trip. I loved the FP system but we all thought the very long lines moved so much quicker with no FP.
I've always said that the FPs made long waits even longer, so we are kind of looking forward to seeing what the lines see like without then. If and when they do return, I wouldn't mind if they offered it as a perk for guests staying on property only.

But you aren't limited to 3 fast passes. You can get more all day long. We've never once waited in a 90 minute line. We do maybe 8 fast passes a day plus whichever lines are already short.

But you aren't limited to 3 fast passes. You can get more all day long. We've never once waited in a 90 minute line. We do maybe 8 fast passes a day plus whichever lines are already short.
I reality it’s doesn’t work out perfect like that. With a family of 4 getting 4 fast passes for some thing decent is a crap shoot. I mean yah you get lucky here and there but overall u aren’t getting many headliners this way. Once we did our 3 and a few others from rope drop we r out. Always have been. I don’t do the parks past 12 max till night again. Just too many people in general.

Really? 40 minutes wait time all day makes any trip to WDW miserable. With several trips before pandemic, we never waited more than 20 minutes for any ride. Always had 5-10 fast passes per day and never had to wait longer than 20 minutes for any ride, even on standby. If you know how to use fast passes, you never had to wait in any line more than 20 minutes.
I don't think wait times now can be compared to times in the past. There is limited capacity, limited employees, limited number of rides going per attraction, limited restaurants, no shows to draw people away, social distancing, etc.. Others?

Reactions: dol
With FP you could ride a few attractions at rope drop and be guaranteed low waits for three more FP rides a little later on then do the shows and meet and greets in the afternoon and more rides as the parks clear out at night. Now once it hits 10am at HS or 11am at Epcot, most rides are 40 minutes or more all day and will be worse as capacity increases.

You can still have the same success at rope drop (and park close) and probably more since there is no FP+line at all. And using HS as the example....yes, you could have three FP+ but only one of those FP+ would be a tier one. The other two would be for attractions you would never wait 40 minutes for and while the top attractions in a park may have 40 minute standby waits not, if FP+ was operating, those same standby waits would be double.

Sure, some people can get additional FP+ for tier one attractions but using Rock N Roller Coaster as an example, the time "savings" from what FP+ could offer has been greatly diminished. On most days, the highest the wait time is getting for Rock N Roller coaster without FP+ is like 45 minutes and that held true for basically all of spring break. Overall, the wait times have been greatly reduced

with nobody having access to fastpasses, the need for them is non existent. if everyone had them, sure you would need them just to put you on the same playing field but since nobody else can get them either it has been awesome. no FP+ and distancing in queues have been my two favorite covid protocol changes.
Although I see your point, I disagree that the need is “non existent“
What I mean by that is without them, you need far more park time in order to do everything you want. In turn that means more days overall which translates to more money spent.

Personally liked the original FP where you got it at the ride and told when to come back over booking in advance.
it has been so long since I went with no FP, it will be interesting for me to see how it goes
I don't think wait times now can be compared to times in the past. There is limited capacity, limited employees, limited number of rides going per attraction, limited restaurants, no shows to draw people away, social distancing, etc.. Others?

wait time is wait time
it doesn’t matter if they are short staffed or whatnot. If you stand in line 40 mins, you stand in line 40 mins

8 fast is not the norm and you know it. We go during busy times of the year, and don't stay in the park all day long. and most of the times, the 5th or 6th fast pass is for something like philharmonic or COP.

Waiting in line for 40 minutes any time I want to ride 7DMY is so much more enjoyable then 90 minute standby or hinging your entire trip off a FP+ reservation 60 days out.

8 fast is not the norm and you know it.
It depends which park you are in. In MK 8 was easy, we've had more most days because they have so many attraction options..
The other parks, I would agree, we get 4-5 max, as fewer options.

Again...not normal and you know it.
WIthout really trying that hard...our family of 4, in june, during busy times, could easily get 6 or 7 fastpasses per day. 5 on a regular day.

I took a marching band to disney over spring break two years ago. VERY VERY BUSY...EASTER WEEK. Most students reported being able to get at least 5 or 6 fastpasses a day.

Im not saying you're wrong. I'm just giving my experience.

8 fast is not the norm and you know it. We go during busy times of the year, and don't stay in the park all day long. and most of the times, the 5th or 6th fast pass is for something like philharmonic or COP.

Waiting in line for 40 minutes any time I want to ride 7DMY is so much more enjoyable then 90 minute standby or hinging your entire trip off a FP+ reservation 60 days out.

Just because you didn’t use 8 Fast Passes per day doesn’t mean it’s not normal. Many people know how to use the system to get additional FP, We have done 5 trips to WDW, 4 of them under FP+. Every single day we were in the parks we would have used at least 8, probably more. We are a family of 4 and could always get headliners as our 4th+ FP. We hate to wait in line. I would rather crisscross the park 20 times a day than stand in line for anything over 20-30 minutes. We are headed back next week and I’m dreading no FP+.

Again...not normal and you know it.
It was normal for our family of five and we know it. 😊

Heck the last time we went in summer of 2018 we had a party of seven and I still used at least 8 per day in Magic Kingdom and 6+ in the other parks.

Scheduled 3 FP+ before lunch, then once those were done schedule one right after lunch and then one at a time the rest of the day. We would even have a midday resort break every day and still use 8 or more in MK and 6 or more in the others. Easy peezy.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter