Fast passes soooon?

IsamarV14

DisCheerleader
Currently planning a trip for next month (not on property but in the area so making dining reservations) and I noticed upon clicking "my plans" I got an option to make fast passes??? At first I thought it was just a mistake (clicked the link and leads to guidelines landing page) but then I left the page and returned and it appeared again.

So here's to hope!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 5.34.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 5.34.54 PM.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 81
This has been discussed a few times and consensus is that it’s just a glitch. There’s been no real hint from Disney if/when FP will return.

I have seen my MDE reference FastPasses in the drop down menu (around Dec) but never have seen it load in the circle area. Also, the interesting thing to me is that the FP circle used to be where the Park Reservations circle is now. The fact that it has been moved to the far right gives me hope that maybe they’ll be making a come back soon....

I have seen my MDE reference FastPasses in the drop down menu (around Dec) but never have seen it load in the circle area. Also, the interesting thing to me is that the FP circle used to be where the Park Reservations circle is now. The fact that it has been moved to the far right gives me hope that maybe they’ll be making a come back soon....

Once I saw I gasped because I also never saw it in circle area where I could click into it.

This has been discussed a few times and consensus is that it’s just a glitch. There’s been no real hint from Disney if/when FP will return.

I also believe it is a glitch. MDE is very slow right now as I'm making reservations however its appeared more than once as well as I'm refreshing. Just hope!

I'm still thinking they return fastpass as we know it. Maybe for a fee, maybe not. It was a draw to stay onsite to book it earlier. But I doubt we'll see it until crowd levels return to near normal, or COVID advisory restrictions are fully lifted by the CDC. Disney does not want to leave itself open to bad publicity or lawsuits by not following CDC health guidelines.

I'm still thinking they return fastpass as we know it. Maybe for a fee, maybe not. It was a draw to stay onsite to book it earlier. But I doubt we'll see it until crowd levels return to near normal, or COVID advisory restrictions are fully lifted by the CDC. Disney does not want to leave itself open to bad publicity or lawsuits by not following CDC health guidelines.
I think we will see Disneyland's FP/Maxpass system implemented. It makes money while keeping standby queues in check and eliminates the issues with servers getting bombarded by people booking FPs in advances, especially for busy seasons. It also has the advantage that you no longer need to microplan every minute of the day.

I don't see FP+ returning.

I am afraid they will not return as a free option... Disney will try to milk as much as possible the parks

Really wouldn't be happy if Fastpass didn't come back in some form, I much prefer getting to "hop on" 3 rides and a few others if the lines are short, than spend all day in line. If they take Fastpasses away why would anyone want to pay the prices to stay on site at WDW?
FastPasses keep me in the parks longer so I spend more money(positive for Disney). As it is without FastPasses we go for a couple of hours in the morning and possibly go back in the evening after crowds disperse a bit. With FastPasses we are in the park for at least 3 hours in the morning (assuming they can't be moved up) and likely more if we are able to get a good 4th, 5th, etc.

FastPasses keep me in the parks longer so I spend more money(positive for Disney). As it is without FastPasses we go for a couple of hours in the morning and possibly go back in the evening after crowds disperse a bit. With FastPasses we are in the park for at least 3 hours in the morning (assuming they can't be moved up) and likely more if we are able to get a good 4th, 5th, etc.

100% this.

I have really never understood the hate hurled at FP+. It incentivizes you to stay on-site, which is a win for Disney. Secondly, it gives you the chance to guarantee to be able to the rides your family (kids mainly - most importantly) wants to ride. But as you posted, it also keeps you in the park longer. I enjoy the thrill of getting that 4th, 5th, etc. FP+ as the day goes along. Sometimes it is something as simple as Barn Stormer, but a nice relief and keeps the day going in an orderly and enjoyable way.

100% this.

I have really never understood the hate hurled at FP+. It incentivizes you to stay on-site, which is a win for Disney. Secondly, it gives you the chance to guarantee to be able to the rides your family (kids mainly - most importantly) wants to ride. But as you posted, it also keeps you in the park longer. I enjoy the thrill of getting that 4th, 5th, etc. FP+ as the day goes along. Sometimes it is something as simple as Barn Stormer, but a nice relief and keeps the day going in an orderly and enjoyable way.
Before FP+, we would often go park opening to park closing. After FP+, it is rare and number of trips have been fewer because of the pain of getting up so early (west coast time) to book FPs.

The Disneyland system is far less complicated and far away better.

But honestly, before FPs, it was quite possible to do everything in a single day in Disneyland and Ieam everything, shows and all. FPs Disneyland style may it even easier. But FPs Disney World style, FP+ made it all but impossible to do that in any one park at WDW in a single day and each park has far fewer attractions and shows than Disneyland (some as few as 15% of what Disneyland has).

Last edited:
After FP+, it is rare and number of trips have been fewer because of the pain of getting up so early (west coast time) to book FPs.

That's interesting you say that because I would much rather wake up one time at 4 or 5 am and get all the fastpasses I need for my entire trip at times that work for me (and be able to go back to sleep!) vs having to wake up at the crack of dawn every day on vacation and either rope drop or have extremely long lines for headliners.

I love fastpass+ and I hope it comes back!

That's interesting you say that because I would much rather wake up one time at 4 or 5 am and get all the fastpasses I need for my entire trip at times that work for me (and be able to go back to sleep!) vs having to wake up at the crack of dawn every day on vacation and either rope drop or have extremely long lines for headliners.

I love fastpass+ and I hope it comes back!
We tend to go for 14 days at a time, so we can do a good chunk at.once, but then one day at a time.....but with Disneyland system, you wouldn't wake up at the crack of dawn ever.....you open the app, get a FP throughout the day, you can't get the next.one until you used your first one. FPs don't generally sell out until a couple of hours before park closing at the earliest. There are exceptions there, but rare and really never before around 2 or 3 PM in those rare cases.

Seriously, I'd you haven't been to Disneyland, go sometime after they bring FP and Maxpass back, you will see how much better the system is. You can't even book a FP until you enter a park and then, only one at a time. It is nice, FPs available all day, every day. No fighting to get a hard to get FP. No preplanning every minute of the day.

Seriously, I'd you haven't been to Disneyland, go sometime after they bring FP and Maxpass back, you will see how much better the system is. You can't even book a FP until you enter a park and then, only one at a time. It is nice, FPs available all day, every day. No fighting to get a hard to get FP. No preplanning every minute of the day.

I've been to Disneyland a bunch of times and I do like Maxpass. Mostly because the time change works in my favor!

I wouldn't like it at all in Disneyworld because it's a two hour time difference there and I travel with two teens. We usually like to arrive at the park around noon and I have 3 good fastpasses waiting for me. I understand that's not how other people like to vacation, but that works for us.

I'm an uber planner and always stay on site, so I love knowing I can arrive whenever and ride some rides right away. I went in December with no fastpass and the lines were insane by the time we arrived.

I got group 5 to ride Rise of the Resistance and had to be in the park before it opened. That was rough and we were all tired and cranky the rest of the day.

Different things work for different families and FP+ works for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter