Fastest way from HS to Epcot?

I don't use WDW buses, so I can't speak for those, though I understand them to be slow.

The fastest way, IMHO, is driving if you have access to a car.

There is a boat that goes from IG at Epcot to the entrance to HS. It's a pleasant ride, except for midsummer afternoons when it can get really hot on the boat (and crowded as heck). It's about a 30 minute ride because it makes several stops along the way.

Barring having your own car, it's actually walking. There is a path from HS to the back entrance to Epcot that follows the above-mentioned boat. The boat does take a while and it is certainly possible to walk the route faster than the boat because the boat will stop at Swan & Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Yacht & Beach Club before Epcot. If there are many people to load and unload, it can take a while. If you catch the boat at HS without having to wait at all, you can always get off at the first stop and walk the rest of the way (all of those resorts are quite close to the IG entrance of Epcot).

I agree with walking. While there a few weeks ago I just missed the boat that was leaving the dock when I got to there. I knew it would be a 20 minute wait until the next boat so I walked it. Keep in mind I was walking from the boat dock not the exit of HS, which might have added a few extra steps. I left about 2 min. after the boat pulled out, I watched it as I walked and I did not speed walk. I beat it by at least 10 min. when I got to IG at Epcot.

Fastest way is to walk from DHS to Epcot's International Gateway-I've "speed-walked" it in 15 minutes.:)
Looking forward to seeing Star Wars Fireworks this trip at HS. :cheer2:After the show, a short walk to the BWV, convenience!:thumbsup2

I have "raced the boat" while walking and pushing DW in her manual wheelchair. Walking was much faster.

If a boat is right there and about to leave we'll hop on and get off at Swan just to enjoy the ride. If not, walk the canal path and be sure to cut through the Board Walk main pool, through the tunnel to the 'boards, cuts the big corner near Atlantic Dance.

Bill From PA

I disagree with walking or taking your own car but again some people jog. I find park to park buses to be rather efficient. boat to the back will be slower than bus to teh front.

I don't want to walk an extra mile so I woudl transportation it.

Im lazy so I wait for the boat no matter what :laughing:. I've never actually tried walking, but I heard its faster just to walk. Im going to try it this trip. :teeth:

it depends on where you are going in EPCOT.
There is a Boat, a BUS and a walking path.
I agree that the walking Path can be the fastest... However if you need a break the boat is nice.... and it depends as 15 minutes as above is a stretch and you will be power walking very quickly.... an average person will take about 15 minutes to the BW area and another 10 max to EPCOT all in expect a 25 minute walk. where as the boat is anywhere from 25-? minutes and I will say usually 30-35 minutes
If you need to be in front of the park the bus will be the fastest in fact if it is there, the fastest way is the bus.... if you go by minutes as it is around 10.

Walking is faster than boating for certain. We have left Epcot gates the same time as a boat pulled from the dock and we got to HS before the boat even came in to sight. And I walk s.l.o.w.
I agree with PP that which I'd do depends on where I'm going.
If I'm going to WS, I'd walk. If I'm going to FW, I'd bus.
Boat wouldn't come in to play if I needed "fast"

It definitely depends on where you are in the park. If you are in Future World on the East side, then I would take a bus to HS; however, if you in the World Showcase close to the International Gateway, then I would walk or take a boat. I find the walk nice and easy. If you do walk, make sure you cut through the Boardwalk pool as that will save a few minutes.

The people that are saying that driving your own car would be faster, are you talking gate-to-gate? Or parking lot to parking lot? I would think that walking to your car, exiting, driving to the next park, getting through to the parking lot, and parking and walking to the second gate would be slower than just the walk from Epcot's IG to HS. But I've never done it. Just curious.

Hi everyone! If park hopping, what is the fastest way to get from Hollywood Studios to Epcot? How much time does it take? Thanks!

It depends on if you want to go in the front or the International Gateway. Door to door the bus is the fastest unless you have to wait a really long time for one to arrive. It's maybe a 10 min ride tops? You can walk - it's about 1 mile. That puts you at the International Gateway between France and UK. Slowest is the boat. Takes about 30-40 mins not to mention waiting on the boat to arrive. It makes 3 stops at resorts in between the parks. It puts you off at IG as well. However, you can get off at the first resort stop at the Swan and Dolphin and just walk the rest of the way to save time.

If you walk at a moderate pace, walking is probably the fastest and definitely the fastest if you want to get to world showcase. If you're going to the front of the park, the bus and/or driving MAY be quicker if you don't hit any delays. At a brisk pace we made it in about 20 minutes gate to gate. I know once we saw a 9:30 Illuminations and walked to DHS and got there at 9:59 to see the Osborne lights on a night they were "closing" at 10 (but that was a REALLY fast walk).

Walking might even beat a car depending on where you are parked at Studios and where you are going at Epcot. If you are going to World Showcase, I think walking would definitely be faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter