FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm kind of surprised you didn't use the old ticket-style ranking system. Shouldn't all the E-Tickets be As? Or the As be Es? :thumbsup2

I'm kind of surprised you didn't use the old ticket-style ranking system. Shouldn't all the E-Tickets be As? Or the As be Es? :thumbsup2

In my opinion, that reference system is too old to be terribly useful. Too much has changed in the interim.

I think there's a definite distinction from the designation of an attraction vs. the NEED for a FP.

For instance, PotC I consider to be an "E Ticket Ride" but a FP is not necessarily a priority.

I think there's a definite distinction from the kind attraction and the NEED for FP.

For instance, PotC I consider to be an "E Ticket Ride" but a FP is not necessarily a priority.

And there's that. :thumbsup2

Those old ratings don't figure in things like capacity or in some cases demand. My list does, based on my own qualitative judgment. ;)

I might recommend knocking Epcot C Spot down to a B (or even a C). Since it reopened in June I've never seen the wait more than 10 minutes, and that's stretching it. I've literally WALKED IN to a empty room at least 3 times. Maybe with time it'll have a higher demand?

Once the other new Character Greetings are added it might make things interesting.

I might recommend knocking Epcot C Spot down to a B (or even a C). Since it reopened in June I've never seen the wait more than 10 minutes, and that's stretching it. I've literally WALKED IN to a empty room at least 3 times. Maybe with time it'll have a higher demand?

Once the other new Character Greetings are added it might make things interesting.

Will do. I trust your insight without question.

Great list! FYI, when I was making my August FP+ selections at MK, MSEP and Share a Dream Come True Parade also came up, but not for every day. Additionally, Ariel's Grotto can be seen on the attractions page as an option, but I couldn't select it because it will be "under refurbishment." (I'm assuming the "refurbishment" really means that it won't have FP+ up and running, but it looks like that will be an option eventually.)

Oops, missed Ariel on your list!

Great list! FYI, when I was making my August FP+ selections at MK, MSEP and Share a Dream Come True Parade also came up, but not for every day. Additionally, Ariel's Grotto can be seen on the attractions page as an option, but I couldn't select it because it will be "under refurbishment." (I'm assuming the "refurbishment" really means that it won't have FP+ up and running, but it looks like that will be an option eventually.)

Oops, missed Ariel on your list!

I expect MSEP will be a choice before long, I probably should include that as a safe bet. Celebrate a Dream Come True is not long for this world, but at some point next year something else will be in its place. Thanks!

very helpful, awesome list! Thanks so much!:banana::cool1::thumbsup2

One question that I have failed to discern from the LONG threads....when given the opportunity to select, you are given 'groups' to choose from, yes? In those 'groups', is there for example the option to choose say 3 of your 'A' choices....for example a BTMRR, Space, and Splash?

I am sure this has been answered so forgive my ignorance, it's just been a few days since I have had a chance to do my study of FP+ threads and I have fallen behind!:eek: This is all just a disaster:confused3, and so poorly communicated and implemented by Disney, they get a D- from me!

very helpful, awesome list! Thanks so much!:banana::cool1::thumbsup2

One question that I have failed to discern from the LONG threads....when given the opportunity to select, you are given 'groups' to choose from, yes? In those 'groups', is there for example the option to choose say 3 of your 'A' choices....for example a BTMRR, Space, and Splash?

I am sure this has been answered so forgive my ignorance, it's just been a few days since I have had a chance to do my study of FP+ threads and I have fallen behind!:eek: This is all just a disaster:confused3, and so poorly communicated and implemented by Disney, they get a D- from me!

Not in the recent test nor in the current selection process. That may or may not be a thing of the past. Any three attractions can be chosen, as long as they are in a single park each day.

Now that we all kind of know what types of things are included on the FP+ choices it would be interesting to know what the time restrictions are (if any) on a given day. Especially for nights and evenings for park touring. A great touring plan with park hopping would be to start the day off at MK for EMH in the morning and then hop over to HS in the evening and have FP+ times reserved for TSM, TOT, and RnRC. Anyone with info on time restrictions?

thanks MesaBoy, I knew I could count on you to answer! ;)

So, this would seem to me like a problem in a way (even though it's how I would prefer it), because depending on the percentage given to FP+, the most popular ressies will be taken up on day 60 of the reservation window. Bummer if you plan a last minute trip! (is it going to be like dining, 60 + 10 days, then you may even find unavailable FP's if choosing on your 60th day..ugh, this is giving me a headache)

Now that we all kind of know what types of things are included on the FP+ choices it would be interesting to know what the time restrictions are (if any) on a given day. Especially for nights and evenings for park touring. A great touring plan with park hopping would be to start the day off at MK for EMH in the morning and then hop over to HS in the evening and have FP+ times reserved for TSM, TOT, and RnRC. Anyone with info on time restrictions?

This is a common idea among those who have considered the best way to use FP+ given the limitations and restrictions. Which suggests getting late-day FPs for top-tier attractions may be a challenge.

Some have said that they were told that during the upcoming test, they would be able to add more FP slots once they have used their reserved slots. I'll be curious to see if that happens when it rolls out for real, would people be less inclined to want to go with the evening times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter