FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no!!!!! We will all have APs. What a disservice! We're staying on site (in an expensive villa, I might add) and we will all have AP vouchers, but we won't be able to use FP+? That's ridiculous!

That doesn't make sense to me because technically anyone who's able to book FP+ 60 days in advance has unactivated tickets - they're not activated until you enter a park for the first time.

That doesn't make sense to me because technically anyone who's able to book FP+ 60 days in advance has unactivated tickets - they're not activated until you enter a park for the first time.

Agreed. Plus I know I've read multiple reports of posters linking AP vouchers to MDE and then prebooking FP.

Agreed. Plus I know I've read multiple reports of posters linking AP vouchers to MDE and then prebooking FP.

Plus people who book packages aren't even going to have vouchers for their tickets, and they're able to prebook FP+.

Plus people who book packages aren't even going to have vouchers for their tickets, and they're able to prebook FP+.

Good points! I hope you're both correct!!

We're arriving late in the day with small kids next week to MK.

As a result, we are using a FP+ for the MESP (I know people are so-so on this, and sometimes it depends on the day!).

We are going to stay for Wishes.

I know the FP+ MSEP viewing is at the top of the hub.

Further, I know people have recommended moving DOWN toward Main Street immediately afterward (Robo had a great map!).

My question...

Is there an "ideal" specific place to try to move down to? That is, is there a barrier to try to have in front so others don't block the view, should we try to sit in the middle of the street, etc."

Or if we're just trying to get more of an unobstructed view for our small kids (trading off an "ideal" spot for the fireworks) are we better staying where we're at in the FP+ MSEP area?

As a result, we are using a FP+ for the MESP (I know people are so-so on this, and sometimes it depends on the day!).

Further, I know people have recommended moving DOWN toward Main Street immediately afterward (Robo had a great map!).

My question...

Is there an "ideal" specific place to try to move down to? That is, is there a barrier to try to have in front so others don't block the view, should we try to sit in the middle of the street, etc."

Or if we're just trying to get more of an unobstructed view for our small kids (trading off an "ideal" spot for the fireworks) are we better staying where we're at in the FP+ MSEP area?

Definitely don't stay in the MSEP area, move back into the "bottom" of the Hub--the half closest to Main Street. However, that late you are unlikely to find an unobstructed location with no one in front of you. You shouldn't have any trouble seeing, since you're looking mostly up, but you may need to hold the kids (not on shoulders, but head-high) to help them see.

My question...

I know this is what's being recommended, but here's the issue I foresee happening. Many people will stake out a spot on Main Street for both MSEP and Wishes, they'll stay in the same place which they staked out early. The risk you'll run with using the reserved FP area for MSEP and then trying to move is that all the 'best' spots will most likely already be taken by people who were there for MSEP. Yes, the street will fill in after the parade goes by, but the parade will go by the people on Main St before it goes by you, allowing them first chance to fill in those areas. Granted, this is all just my theoretical view of what I envision will happen. Hopefully there's someone here who can give you a firsthand report!

We might get to be your guinea pigs because we are staying 8 days in July and are AP holders. Although, ours are AP vouchers so that might end up being a totally different situation. I'll share everything I can about how our booking goes in May!

Oooooh! Awesome!! I'll keep an eye on here...! :) :thumbsup2

:surfweb:

I don't know if anyone will have the answer to this or if it is even the right place to ask this, but friends of ours were planning to stay off-site have now booked a room at Pop with us thanks to a Florida resident discount. They also got a special on tickets, so they turned it into a 3 day package. I know I can go into my MDEx and pre-book their FP+, but I think (hoping not!) that it may be more complicated than that. These tickets have a Magic Kingdom blackout date of May 24th and that's our MK day with them. They plan on upgrading to AP's at the park before entering so they'll be able to get in.

So here are my questions...

1. Since they have a room reservation too, will I be able to pre-book MK FP+ for them for May 24th or since it's a blackout date will it prevent me from doing so?
2. If I am able to pre-book FP+ for them for all of their days with us, will upgrading to AP's screw with the FP+ I have made for them before upgrading?

Thanks in advance!!

My question is this: We are going to be staying in a family suite at Art of Animation with a CM and someone that she is signing in. We will most likely have a Annual Passes, due to the savings for DVC members. Currently CMs are not eligible for FP+, nor are those that they sign in, but we will be.

How does this work? I know that before passholder were eligible, that they would allow you to add them after setting up FP+ for everyone else, does this work the same way? Or would they simply not be allowed to use FP+?

My question is this: We are going to be staying in a family suite at Art of Animation with a CM and someone that she is signing in. We will most likely have a Annual Passes, due to the savings for DVC members. Currently CMs are not eligible for FP+, nor are those that they sign in, but we will be. How does this work? I know that before passholder were eligible, that they would allow you to add them after setting up FP+ for everyone else, does this work the same way? Or would they simply not be allowed to use FP+?

CMs and their guests using Guest Passes are eligible for "day of" Fp+. They can't be linked to your MDE account because they are restricted from MDE and advanced scheduling of Fp+.

Would you still rank Rock n Roller Coaster an "A" if your intent was to use the single rider line? I'm the only one in my clan that does thrill rides. :)

CMs and their guests using Guest Passes are eligible for "day of" Fp+. They can't be linked to your MDE account because they are restricted from MDE and advanced scheduling of Fp+.

Yes, but what happens if we have FP+, but then we are all staying in the same room. Day of FP+ doesn't work, as they may not be on the same schedule as we have.

Bottom line is they are staying onsite, so I would think that they should be able to have the same benefits as everyone else does that is staying onsite.

Quick question-
I have an All Star Music reservation booked for 10 days from now, but may switch to the Dolphin (using Starwood points).

I've received Magic Bands in the mail, and have 2 questions:
1) Will I lose my current FastPass+ reservations (both rides and BOG lunch) if I cancel the All Star Music reservation?
2) Will I be able to change these FP+ reservations, or will they be set in stone after I cancel ASM?

Thanks so much for your help!

Yes, but what happens if we have FP+, but then we are all staying in the same room. Day of FP+ doesn't work, as they may not be on the same schedule as we have. Bottom line is they are staying onsite, so I would think that they should be able to have the same benefits as everyone else does that is staying onsite.

I stayed onsite with a CM two weeks ago and we could not/did not link our CM ticket media to our MDE account. In the parks, we had iPad CMs make our Fp+ scheduling and it was quite obvious we had MagicBands. At no time did any iPad CM suggest we do advanced Fp+ scheduling as it is a well-known fact that CMs are not to link their ticket media to MDE even if they have an onsite stay.

I stayed onsite with a CM two weeks ago and we could not/did not link our CM ticket media to our MDE account. In the parks, we had iPad CMs make our Fp+ scheduling and it was quite obvious we had MagicBands. At no time did any iPad CM suggest we do advanced Fp+ scheduling as it is a well-known fact that CMs are not to link their ticket media to MDE even if they have an onsite stay.

My experience exactly matches Itinkso's. The benefits are basically the same as those who stay onsite but wait until day-of to purchase tickets.

Would you still rank Rock n Roller Coaster an "A" if your intent was to use the single rider line? I'm the only one in my clan that does thrill rides. :)

Yes, it's still an A. The list is a general and relative one meant to be used by everyone, but against the realities of each person's own situation.

But given that you know you will use SR for it, then I'd certainly choose something else as my Tier 1 attraction. :)

Quick question-

I've received Magic Bands in the mail, and have 2 questions:
1) Will I lose my current FastPass+ reservations (both rides and BOG lunch) if I cancel the All Star Music reservation?
2) Will I be able to change these FP+ reservations, or will they be set in stone after I cancel ASM?

Thanks so much for your help!

You won't be able to access the FP+ unless your band is activated and then used for park entry. I'm not sure if they will be gone from MDE but you won't be able to use them without checking into the resort. The BOG system is separate and glitchy anyway. If you have a screen shot or printout of the FP time you'll be able to get in. The wifi was running slow when we were checking in and they never bothered to verify ours online after the wifi wasn't moving fast enough. I had my screenshot up on my phone just in case and that was fine.

You won't be able to access the FP+ unless your band is activated and then used for park entry. I'm not sure if they will be gone from MDE but you won't be able to use them without checking into the resort. The BOG system is separate and glitchy anyway. If you have a screen shot or printout of the FP time you'll be able to get in. The wifi was running slow when we were checking in and they never bothered to verify ours online after the wifi wasn't moving fast enough. I had my screenshot up on my phone just in case and that was fine.
Today 01:32 AM

Ah, just to make sure I understand-- will I be able to access to FP+ from the iPhone app, or not at all? If I've already linked tickets to MDE/Magic Bands, does that help at all, or am I still out of luck if I move to S&D?

Thanks!

Ah, just to make sure I understand-- will I be able to access to FP+ from the iPhone app, or not at all? If I've already linked tickets to MDE/Magic Bands, does that help at all, or am I still out of luck if I move to S&D?

Thanks!

This is a good question. There has been an understanding on this board that cancelling your reservation gets rid of your FP+ selections and "deactivates" your magic band. However, I have failed to see any first hand reports of this actually happening. I have also seen many reports of people that use magic bands at the parks prior to checking in, so I'm pretty sure you don't need to check-in to use your magic bands at the parks.

There has also been some evidence that magic bands do not have to be linked to tickets to make FP+ reservations in the parks. Also, since they have begun some testing of offsite guests pre-booking FP+, I assume that at some point FP+ reservations and room reservations will disconnected from each other.

I would be VERY interested to see what happens to your FP+ reservations if you cancelled your room reservation, but that's me being selfish.

This is a good question. There has been an understanding on this board that cancelling your reservation gets rid of your FP+ selections and "deactivates" your magic band. However, I have failed to see any first hand reports of this actually happening. I have also seen many reports of people that use magic bands at the parks prior to checking in, so I'm pretty sure you don't need to check-in to use your magic bands at the parks.

There has also been some evidence that magic bands do not have to be linked to tickets to make FP+ reservations in the parks. Also, since they have begun some testing of offsite guests pre-booking FP+, I assume that at some point FP+ reservations and room reservations will disconnected from each other.

I would be VERY interested to see what happens to your FP+ reservations if you cancelled your room reservation, but that's me being selfish.

I did it in sept 2013 while some of the resorts had the band and some didn't. I made a 1 night reservation at Pop the night before our regular package started at CBR. I personalized magic bands and made all my fast pass reservations. Then, after my bands arrived, I cancelled the pop reservation. I didn't have to "activate" them at all. They worked just fine as a room key, park tickets, fast passes, dining credits and store purchase charges. The only thing I couldn't do was edit our fp+ selections from the app. I could edit them online. So, that's what I did, just reporting because someone asked. Please don't turn this into a debate of right and wrong because this is a great thread and I don't want to get it shut down because of a debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter