• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ booking review (just some musings)

GoBlue21

Earning My Ears
So, I just booked our FPs for our December trip, and the experience was not too bad.

We are doing AK the first day, so I knew that getting a Flight of Passage FP would be rough. Surprisingly (or not), there were some late evening FPs available for FOP. But, the times conflict with ROL, which we want to do as it is our first time to AK. So, I had to pass on those FPs and take an early River Journey one. Luckily, we have a PPO breakfast at Tusker House, so I am hoping we can get in line for FOP right after breakfast at 9am and then head over to River Journey for our FP between 10 and 11.

MK is our second day, and there were plenty of FPs available for all rides, except for 7DMT, which only had afternoon and evening (I took the afternoon one), and then within minutes, they were gone. Luckily, again, we have PPO at BOG, so hopefully we can ride 7DMT early, and I can ditch the 7DMT in the afternoon for something else. We are not a family that continuously rides over and over.

Finally, Epcot is our third day, and all of the FPs were available. So, that was smooth sailing. And, again, we are lucky enough to have a PPO at GG for Candle Light show.

Overall, the system was good. It was tense, just like booking ADRs. Now, I have to brood over whether to change anything, which is just as stressful because I begin to second-guess myself. Oh well. The joys of a Disney vacation. :)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm definitely not a fan of the "go time" stress associated with booking FP's. Everything worked out ok for us a few weeks back, but the major draws are cemented and drive your whole schedule.

I would keep trying for another FOP. I know it differs from day to day, but there was just an example on another thread of a 9am opening and they started walking to Pandora at 8:20. If your Tusker House PPO is at 8am at the earliest, unless you want to eat in less than 20 minutes, I don't know that I would count on the line for FOP being super short. Maybe less than 90 minutes but be prepared!

Otherwise, go and enjoy your trip! We are the family that rides favorites over and over due to the ages of our kids, well...my DH is just as bad! It would definitely be more relaxing for me if they would be ok with being one and done on the big rides! lol

I would keep trying for another FOP. I know it differs from day to day, but there was just an example on another thread of a 9am opening and they started walking to Pandora at 8:20. If your Tusker House PPO is at 8am at the earliest, unless you want to eat in less than 20 minutes, I don't know that I would count on the line for FOP being super short. Maybe less than 90 minutes but be prepared!

Otherwise, go and enjoy your trip! We are the family that rides favorites over and over due to the ages of our kids, well...my DH is just as bad! It would definitely be more relaxing for me if they would be ok with being one and done on the big rides! lol
Thanks for that info. Another wonderful "Oops, didn't we tell you?" moment from Disney, of course.

Personally, I would check to see if there are still FoP FPs left. FoP is much more of a Must See than ROL. ROL is very "blah" to us - it's not bad - it's just a very different kind of night time show compared to the evening shows at the other parks. It's definitely a "one and done" for us whereas we think FoP is hands down the best ride in all of WDW.

I also booked mine today. Got everything I wanted at the times I wanted. Even FOP. There were lots of times available. Even an hour later when I refreshed, there was a lot available and I could modify I wanted to.

Good to know! My window opens tomorrow and I've never booked a FP. Last time we visited was 2012. I hope I've made some good touring decisions and then get the FP to match!

If you don't want to wait up to 2 hours for FOP, cancel that Tusker House ADR and be prepared to get to AK as early as possible.

Just another voice saying that your TH PPO plan will not work. You'll be behind throngs of people and have quite a wait ahead of you.

If you can still snag the FoP FPs, I would do that, and try to fit RoL in elsewhere. (I do really like it, but it's much easier to move around than FoP.)

IF you can get a FOP FP instead, you could probably do the ADR and then go to NRJ with a half hour wait or so if you're ok with that. I still think the best plan is to dump the ADR or move it to 10:30-10:45 for a late breakfast instead.

I'd also vote for getting a FOP FP and then grab a ROL FP as an additional FP later in the day (if you're set on seeing it).

So, I just booked our FPs for our December trip, and the experience was not too bad.

We are doing AK the first day, so I knew that getting a Flight of Passage FP would be rough. Surprisingly (or not), there were some late evening FPs available for FOP. But, the times conflict with ROL, which we want to do as it is our first time to AK. So, I had to pass on those FPs and take an early River Journey one. Luckily, we have a PPO breakfast at Tusker House, so I am hoping we can get in line for FOP right after breakfast at 9am and then head over to River Journey for our FP between 10 and 11.

MK is our second day, and there were plenty of FPs available for all rides, except for 7DMT, which only had afternoon and evening (I took the afternoon one), and then within minutes, they were gone. Luckily, again, we have PPO at BOG, so hopefully we can ride 7DMT early, and I can ditch the 7DMT in the afternoon for something else. We are not a family that continuously rides over and over.

Finally, Epcot is our third day, and all of the FPs were available. So, that was smooth sailing. And, again, we are lucky enough to have a PPO at GG for Candle Light show.

Overall, the system was good. It was tense, just like booking ADRs. Now, I have to brood over whether to change anything, which is just as stressful because I begin to second-guess myself. Oh well. The joys of a Disney vacation. :)
at 9 am there will be a min of 2hrs wait. What you need to do is to be in line at 8 am. They let you in early to see the animals just pass the entrance but you need to go left and keep walking to the left until you reach the bridge just this side of the ride. at about 830 or 840 they will walk you to the rides que so there is no mad dash to the ride.

I also booked mine today. Got everything I wanted at the times I wanted. Even FOP. There were lots of times available. Even an hour later when I refreshed, there was a lot available and I could modify I wanted to.

How many days of FP were you booking for? We have a very short 2 Park day trip coming up and I am nervous that I won’t be able to get FoP at 60 days + 2...

I booked this morning at 7am I was able to get FOP FP at 66&67 days out, but not sooner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter