• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass+ Coming Back - Button was on my plans earlier today

Seems like it's definitely a bug, however the fact that the bug causes a screen to have both the park reservation and fastpass option seems pretty promising to me. Looks like they're adding fastpass functionality at least alongside park reservation functionality, even if it's not supposed to be live yet.

The FP code was probably never removed (that'd be a significant amount of work). Most likely Disney devs disabled it by just hiding all the related UI, so any bugs in that code will appear to show a functioning FP+ system. It's also likely that Genie is just going to be a smart[1] wrapper around the old FP+ system, so as Disney are fiddling around getting ready to launch that albatross we'll probably see more weird things appear then disappear.

[1] replace with a more appropriate descriptor as you feel fit

The FP code was probably never removed (that'd be a significant amount of work). Most likely Disney devs disabled it by just hiding all the related UI, so any bugs in that code will appear to show a functioning FP+ system. It's also likely that Genie is just going to be a smart[1] wrapper around the old FP+ system, so as Disney are fiddling around getting ready to launch that albatross we'll probably see more weird things appear then disappear.

[1] replace with a more appropriate descriptor as you feel fit
The only thing though is that the park reservation system originally sat on top of the old fastpass system. Like, they basically reskinned the “add fastpass” button and added a few other tweaks so you can only add one park per day, and there’s no time. So the fact that both appeared side by side makes it look like they’re tinkering with the code to make it possible to have both of them. It’s not a sure thing, but it’s promising.

I saw this message today on MDE on my computer browser for a few minutes. My ADRs opened today and as I was making and checking them, I saw it a couple times. But it's not there anymore. I'm sure it's just wishful thinking, but it still gives me tiny bit of hope that some kind of FP will return before our trip in June569441

The article (Fox News) on park pass reservations being cancelled if you don’t have theme park tickets mentions that the same will apply to fastpass+ selections.

So maybe the fastpass+ system is coming back soon.

The article (Fox News) on park pass reservations being cancelled if you don’t have theme park tickets mentions that the same will apply to fastpass+ selections.

So maybe the fastpass+ system is coming back soon.

The Fox article is wrong - they misinterpreted the blog they used as a source (the blog name cannot be mentioned on the Dis). If you go to the actual blog source they name, you’ll see they were talking about the OLD FP policy. Copied and pasted from the source blog below. Fox has no idea what they’re talking about, misinterpreted the blog and included incorrect information. It does not foreshadow anything about FP coming back.

——

In a similar manner, FastPass+ reservations were automatically canceled to prevent Guest abuse when canceling resort hotel stays in order to take advantage of the 60-day booking window.

Last edited:
I saw Tower of terror at 90 minutes. Are waits really that long? How are people waiting that long without fast passes?

Park capacity seems to have been increased (increased park passes) so the waits in the summer are going to be even higher.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter