Fastpass Day Disappointment

disneyfreak202

Mouseketeer
I have been coming to WDW the last 3 years. This morning was my fastpass day and although I didn't expect to get FOP or SDD on 60-60+3 in the morning or at all. I was shocked when on 60+4 the earliest SDD was 3:30pm, that there was no 7DMT on 60+1 (even in the evening I would have taken it), and that even looking at 60+5 I was having a hard time with SDD.

The last 3 years I have been lucky and gotten everything I wanted when I wanted. I was able to get FOP, SDD, and 7DMT all in the morning. This year I had to wait until our last day of our trip to do 7DMT. I have SDD late in the day.

We are a party of 4 and normally I am just looking for 2, but even breaking it up 2 and 2 there were no options.

Am I just not used to this being the norm, or is it supposed to be super busy while we are there compared to years past?

I'm sorry you couldn't get everything you wanted! I hope you're able to modify things before your trip. My FP day is Tuesday, so I'm nervous about it, too. Do you think party nights at MK could be part of the problem? Fewer hours mean fewer FPs in the pool for everyone to compete for. Also, did your previous trips start mid-week like this? For your first few days maybe FPs were booked by people with week long trips who arrived over the weekend.

We had a 12 night stay (returned Sunday) and never did get a FP for FOP. I think it has to do with Disney shortening their hours to allow for extra prices ticket events. (We've gone 7 years in a row, same time and this is the first time we didn't get what we wanted.)

We booked our trip a few days after the 60 day mark, so I didn't get FOP. I somehow snagged SDD for our last day (around 64 days out). I finally managed to pick up FOP around 35-40 days out. Instead of reading dis boards or playing a game, I'd look for fast passes.

We also went in mid-august, which I do think is a less busy time than your trip must be.

Don't give up hope. Keep trying!

Our last 4 trips (Memorial Day weekend in May, July, mid-August, Columbus Day weekend in October) have been 2-4 nights, and Slinky and FoP have been really hard to get at 60 days, even checking for our last day. I've never had this much of a problem getting FPs with onsite stays. I am fairly certain it has to do with the large quantity of non Disney-owned resorts (AKA, "good neighbor" / Disney Springs resorts) that now get 60 days FPs. They've diluted this perk and I see its effects.

we stay at the fort for weeks on end and when you have 60+14 that is the max (+) we could get all we wanted on the F/P day

We were onsite for 5 days from the 18th this month, we could only get SDD in the evening of 60+5 and FOP in the evening of 60+3 (nothing on 60+4)

Our window was about 2 weeks ago and although I was able to grab SDD, FoP and 7DMT (party of 2) more or less for the times I wanted with some tweaking, I had way less selection than I did when I booked for our last trip before SDD opened, and that was a party of 6 trip.

I'm sorry, that stinks.
My FP day was also this morning and I had no trouble getting all the above rides at the times I wanted, though I'm going solo and I know that helps things quite a bit. That is a holiday weekend along with W&D weekend, so things are probably going to be a bit busy.

Don't give up trying! I was super bummed I couldn't get FOP (my favorite ride) so I booked a Navi FP & just kept trying to modify it. Lo & behold a couple weeks later there was a FOP available at the exact same time - score 👍!

We picked up every FP and ADR we wanted, although we started with a few we didn't want and still have 3 weeks before we arrive.
We have extra Ohana and Cali Gill ADR's and we picked up 2 Oga's Cantina ADRs for the day we plan on spending at HS and GE. (We picked up the afternoon ADR for Oga's yesterday.)
SDD is the only one we had any trouble moving around, but we went from an original FP of Toy Story Mania, then picked a SDD for 6pm and then found a 4pm later in the month. Perfect for our plans,.
Just because you don't land what you want right off the bat, you have 60 plus days make changes.

Yeah SDD is especially tough because it’s such a low capacity ride. There’s only like 2,000 morning FP a day! My next trip I was only able to get SDD in the AM at 60+7, with a PM at 60+4. We wound up dropping the SDD 60+7 FP when we figured out just how dead EEMH was likely to be...

Thank you all for your input. I have been during W&D before and Food and Wine. We usually alternate one year mid sept, one year W&D. I was just shocked that even later in my trip I couldn't get mid morning or afternoon. I was banking on SDD on 60+4 for no later than 12:30pm, but I guess that was not on par. FOP I wasn't shocked about not getting it on day 60, but I was shocked about even 60+3. Luckily I got all the ADRs I wanted except 1 that I hadn't decided to book until way after my 180 for a BOG dinner (Still on the lookout though!). We are doing a day at Universal so I am able to always move that day around (Plan on going Sunday 11/3 right now) incase something opens up then!

I have been coming to WDW the last 3 years. This morning was my fastpass day and although I didn't expect to get FOP or SDD on 60-60+3 in the morning or at all. I was shocked when on 60+4 the earliest SDD was 3:30pm, that there was no 7DMT on 60+1 (even in the evening I would have taken it), and that even looking at 60+5 I was having a hard time with SDD.

The last 3 years I have been lucky and gotten everything I wanted when I wanted. I was able to get FOP, SDD, and 7DMT all in the morning. This year I had to wait until our last day of our trip to do 7DMT. I have SDD late in the day.

We are a party of 4 and normally I am just looking for 2, but even breaking it up 2 and 2 there were no options.

Am I just not used to this being the norm, or is it supposed to be super busy while we are there compared to years past?
I’ve been off these boards for a few years. Is there a glossary for all these acronyms? I don’t know what any of them mean. Thanks!

I booked FPs last Tuesday. We got SDD at 3pm for 60+ 5. That’s the earliest they had. 60+6 the earliest was like 11:30. When we went in May I had much better luck getting earlier times sooner in the trip, but it was an overall less crowded time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter