Fastpass day tomorrow (9/28)...stressing!

Ugh...well, fastpasses are finally scheduled. First off, the site kept telling me I was too early. It finally let me in around 7:07. I went straight for scheduling FOP on 60+6, which I had no trouble getting.

Next, went for Slinky Dog on 60+5, and the only ones that popped up interfered with BOG lunch (which was the only day I could get for that, and my Belle obsessed daughter requested). Also, I can’t remember if I clicked on the drop down to see all the times...I got frazzled. :rolleyes: I wanted Slinky Dog, but not that much. I checked other days, but nothing there either.

Third was 7DMT on day 60+3. No luck. :( That one kind of surprised me. I was able to get it on 60+5 though. Also managed to get a 2nd FOP on 60+4.

So, overall it went ok. I got most of what we wanted. Had to switch a couple things around, but not bad.

So, overall it went ok. I got most of what we wanted. Had to switch a couple things around, but not bad.

I'd bet that you could have gotten BoG at a different time/date easier than Slinky FPs.

Regardless, keep trying for Slinky FPs (and, if any turn up opposite "something else," I'd take those... and try moving the "something else.")

yeah I would take the Slinky Dogs and then try to modify the time. I would also use the free Touring Plans Reservation Finder if you wanted to find an alternate BOG time.

I was able to logon right around 7am, and worked my schedule backward using last days first. Got everythin I really wanted.

When I did mine I went for Slinky Dog first but nothing. (Only going for 5 days though, plus a busy weekend with the marathon and the start of Jersey week). Then I went for FOP and got days 4 and 5. Didn’t try for 7DMT because we were doing EMM but I was tweaking around a week or so later and there were lots of 7DMT and PP so I grabbed both and canceled EMM. Frozen was easy and I didn’t go for anything else that isn’t still there. Probably going to cancel the FOP on day 5 and just keep day 4.

That's because you only hear it when people don't get what they want.

I got FoP at 60+5, SDD at 60+4, 7DMT at 60+3, and another 7DMT at 60+6.

Good luck!

edit: Also, for FoP and SDD, I divided my party of 4 into 2 & 2 to get the FPs (and had overlapping FP times).

My FP day was on Thursday and I had no issues at all, got right on at 7:00 and got pretty much everything I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get. I was shocked it all worked out for me. LOL

It’s a pain in the butt. Anything you can’t get a fp for, try to do at rope drop!

Do you think any of the above strategies change at all when you’re booking for a larger group? I’ve got 10 people I’m in charge of getting FP for. Thanks for any advice!

Do you think any of the above strategies change at all when you’re booking for a larger group? I’ve got 10 people I’m in charge of getting FP for. Thanks for any advice!

Yes.
Try to only book FPs for 2-3 guests at once.
Then try to book 2-3 additional guests FPs at a time that overlaps with the first FPs.
Continue until all guests are booked.

Example:
First group gets FPs for, say, 10:15 to 11:15.
Next group, find a FP time to book for, say, 10:45 to 11:45.
Next group, find a FP time to book for, say, 10:55 to 11:55.
Next group, find a FP time for, say, 11:05 to 12:05.

Everyone goes to the FP gate about 11:05.

My FP day was Friday, too. The site worked perfectly. I got FOP at 60+5, but could not get 7D on either MK day or SDD. We will rope drop SDD, but our second MK day is a party day with MK morning EMH. We could try during EMH, but I'm now considering the party. We've done the party once 4 years ago and didn't really like it enough to ever pay for it again but maybe will have to this year.

Yes.
Try to only book FPs for 2-3 guests at once.
Then try to book 2-3 additional guests FPs at a time that overlaps with the first FPs.
Continue until all guests are booked.

Example:
First group gets FPs for, say, 10:15 to 11:15.
Next group, find a FP time to book for, say, 10:45 to 11:45.
Next group, find a FP time to book for, say, 10:55 to 11:55.
Next group, find a FP time for, say, 11:05 to 12:05.

Everyone goes to the FP gate about 11:05.
PERFECT, exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Last week I booked FOP first at 7am before MDE stopped working for about a half hour, got it on 60 +3. Even after not getting back in website til 730 am, I still was able to get 7DMT on my last day 60+5. Only ride I couldn't get was SDD, but we will just rope drop it. Don't stress too much, I was frustrated when website wasn't working but it evetually got back up and I got everything I wanted besides SDD.

What does it mean 60+1 or 60+2 etc.? Is that your days in the park? I'm not understanding how that works. And I'm sorry if this is some place else for me to find. If I'm arriving on Sunday and leaving on Wednesday and plan to visit parks on Sunday...is Sunday just 60+ 0? Is there such terminology? So would I only have 60+3? Wednesday being our last day in the parks.

What does it mean 60+1 or 60+2 etc.? Is that your days in the park? I'm not understanding how that works. And I'm sorry if this is some place else for me to find. If I'm arriving on Sunday and leaving on Wednesday and plan to visit parks on Sunday...is Sunday just 60+ 0? Is there such terminology? So would I only have 60+3? Wednesday being our last day in the parks.

Sunday is 60
Monday 60+1
Tuesday 60 +2
Wednesday 60 + 3

Popular FPS are harder to get for short trips . You have to keep checking and hope they extend hours sometimes.

We went for a last minute 3 day trip with 23 people. We had no fast passes until we arrived at the resort! And they were lame ones. We committed to power days- rope drop until close. And we got lucky. Rode FOP three times! Did 7dmt during fireworks and had a short wait.

I was shocked we did as much as we did. This was pre slinky dog in June. It was a strange way to do Disney but it was out of my hands and we had a great time

Sunday is 60
Monday 60+1
Tuesday 60 +2
Wednesday 60 + 3

Popular FPS are harder to get for short trips . You have to keep checking and hope they extend hours sometimes.
Thank you so much! Makes perfect sense now. I got Test Track about 3 years ago on our short trip. I usually try to do MK twice. Just depends on what park is the early entry park while we're there. I really wanna ride Mine Train, so I'll just be sure to head over at rope drop. Son wants to do BTMR too...I'll FP that one instead.

My fastpass day was on Saturday. Got everything we wanted!

SDD 60+3 - Had multiple spots available
FOP 60+9 Same here

Didn't want 7DMT but had multple options at 60+1 and 60+7

My fastpass day was on Saturday. Got everything we wanted!

SDD 60+3 - Had multiple spots available
FOP 60+9 Same here

Didn't want 7DMT but had multple options at 60+1 and 60+7

That is so awesome to see 7DMT was available at 60+1!! Gives me hope! I see that MK isn't tiered. Do you have any suggestions on what to FP or just rope drop? Just son and I and here's what he wants to do:
7DMT
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
BTMR

Those are a must and As and Bs on availability in MK. We're going in June.

What's SDD?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter