FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, here's something I just thought of...if you have used your last FP+ and are in line, but your window for the FP+ hasn't closed, can you book a 4th while you are in line, or do you have to wait for the whole window to close?

Oh, here's something I just thought of...if you have used your last FP+ and are in line, but your window for the FP+ hasn't closed, can you book a 4th while you are in line, or do you have to wait for the whole window to close?
Book #4 as soon as you get beyond the FP touchpoint for FP#3.

I have a question. I am sorry if it is a repeat, but it is very difficult to go through 121 pages and I figure a recent answer is best.

My question is re: scheduling your first 3 FPs of the day.

Is it possible to schedule my first FP at a Pandora ride and do not schedule any other AK FPs on that day (bc I do not want to stay at AK)? Then, on the day of, after Pandora schedule #2 and #3 FPs in the MK.

My goal is to go on a Pandora FP, leave AK as fast as possible and spend the rest of the day at MK. And I do not have to do any of the high demand FPs in MK that day.

Is this possible?

I have a question. I am sorry if it is a repeat, but it is very difficult to go through 121 pages and I figure a recent answer is best.

My question is re: scheduling your first 3 FPs of the day.

Is it possible to schedule my first FP at a Pandora ride and do not schedule any other AK FPs on that day (bc I do not want to stay at AK)? Then, on the day of, after Pandora schedule #2 and #3 FPs in the MK.

My goal is to go on a Pandora FP, leave AK as fast as possible and spend the rest of the day at MK. And I do not have to do any of the high demand FPs in MK that day.

Is this possible?
Yes. Book your MK FPs when you are in line for Pandora.

See the FP FAQ Addendum linked in the first post of this thread and in mesaboy2's Signature.

Split Stays

This post is based on information provided by poster @hiroMYhero.

Two Onsite Stays (Back-to-Back)
  • Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.
Great thread, but just needing some clarification for the above situation. My DBF & I doing back-to-back DVC stays with two different groups of family. The first 3 nights are Copper Creek & then moving to Grand Floridian for 5 nights. According to the info here, I should be able to make fastpasses for the whole 8 night stay at the first reservation fastpass opening date. This is true for DVC ressies correct? Also, does it matter that the different reservations have different people attached to them? I will be on both reservations as the "lead" person, but I wasn't sure since everyone isn't there the whole time if that matters.

Great thread and appreciate all the work you guys do!

Bob and I have read this post and the addendum but did not find what we're looking for. We are staying at BRV at Wilderness Lodge and our son and his family are now staying at All Stars. We have separate MDE accounts but our son wants us to link our accounts so that Bob can make fastpasses at 60 days and use our Memory Maker. On the site I read that there are three ways to link but I'm not sure what would be best. Our tickets; park days and MNSSHP are on our account our son has purchased MNSSHP tickets but did not assign them nor has he assigned the park tickets he purchased from a UCT.

In our case where should we go from here? Which option should we choose to make Fastpasses and for them to use Memory Maker? Can Bob assign tickets?

Bob and I have read this post and the addendum but did not find what we're looking for. We are staying at BRV at Wilderness Lodge and our son and his family are now staying at All Stars. We have separate MDE accounts but our son wants us to link our accounts so that Bob can make fastpasses at 60 days and use our Memory Maker. On the site I read that there are three ways to link but I'm not sure what would be best. Our tickets; park days and MNSSHP are on our account our son has purchased MNSSHP tickets but did not assign them nor has he assigned the park tickets he purchased from a UCT.

In our case where should we go from here? Which option should we choose to make Fastpasses and for them to use Memory Maker? Can Bob assign tickets?
Because you have an MDE account and so does your son, Bob needs to invite your son to link his MDE to your MDE.

List your son in your friend and family list and "invite" him from that page. You do need the email account address that he used for his MDE account. After he accepts your invite from his email, you can add on the other members of his party to your friends and family list.

Your son has to link the tickets to everyone in his MDE because he "Manages" them.

After tickets are linked, you, Bob, or your son can book the FPs.

Everyone listed and linked in the two combined MDE accounts can use Memory Maker and all photos that are taken are automatically linked.

I understand that we can't get a 2nd Tier 1 FP in the same park until ALL 3 are used.
What if we are in EPCOT and only booked 1 FP at Soarin; after we use that FP and are still in EPCOT can I book a FP for TSMM?

I understand that we can't get a 2nd Tier 1 FP in the same park until ALL 3 are used.
What if we are in EPCOT and only booked 1 FP at Soarin; after we use that FP and are still in EPCOT can I book a FP for TSMM?
Yes. See the FP FAQ Addendum for the steps.

The Addendum is linked in mesaboy2's Signature.

Newbie here planning my family's "first" trip in October of this year. My FP window is quickly approaching! First is in quotations, because while my stepdaughter has been a couple times at least, my hubby went once as a child and we went once together with the stepkids to MK for only a day, and it will be my 5yo's first trip. So for her and me, it is pretty much a first trip - first time staying onsite, doing dining, and getting FPs. My one day at MK 6 years ago was just wandering around doing whatever (but the wait times in October 2011 were pretty short!).

Anyway, I have a couple FP questions. If I am booking my 3 FPs per day 60 days in advance, is each FP for my entire party of 4? They are all added as guests in MDX with me managing plans for everyone. When I book a FP, is it going to ask me which guests it is for?

Also, when we use the MDX app to book 4th (or more) FPs after we have used our original 3, again - are we booking each additional FP for the entire party of 4? In one of the info posts at the beginning of this thread, it almost sounded like you could get an additional FP per person after the original 3 were used.

I just want to clarify that no matter where/when I book a FP, is it for the whole party or do you book FPs for individual people? So, if for my 4th FP, I am getting a pass for my hubby and stepdaughter to ride something, could I also get another "4th" FP for me and my daughter to do a M&G before they have used theirs?

Lastly, when scheduling your original 3 FPs, can you get two at the same time if they are for different guests? So, if I want to get a FP for my hubby and step-daughter to ride a ride with my first FP of the day, can I schedule my 2nd FP of the day at the same time for me and my daughter to meet Rapunzel, for example?

Maybe this has been mentioned before but I had something strange happen yesterday. Our third FP+ was booked for star tours. I decided that I wanted to forego the ride but my two daughters still went on the ride. I assumed that the window for my third FP would pass and I would be able to book additional ones after that. Well, the window came and went and only my daughters were eligible to book additional passes. MDE kept indicating that I still had a pass to use. I did everything that I could think of to bypass this but with no success. Anybody know what I did wrong here?

Maybe this has been mentioned before but I had something strange happen yesterday. Our third FP+ was booked for star tours. I decided that I wanted to forego the ride but my two daughters still went on the ride. I assumed that the window for my third FP would pass and I would be able to book additional ones after that. Well, the window came and went and only my daughters were eligible to book additional passes. MDE kept indicating that I still had a pass to use. I did everything that I could think of to bypass this but with no success. Anybody know what I did wrong here?

Oh, this will help me answer my questions too! With my 5yo, I may have her on a FP and then she may refuse to ride a ride. We don't know how she will be yet. I would hate for her FP to get hung up as "unused" because she clearly cannot use a FP on her own for something else and if we need to schedule a 4th FP for the whole party, she can't be left out. Or what happens if I schedule a FP for a ride for hubby/stepdaughter and they decide they don't want to ride.

I wonder is it best to just show up and scan your MagicBand as if you used the FP even if you don't ride the ride?

Anyway, I have a couple FP questions. If I am booking my 3 FPs per day 60 days in advance, is each FP for my entire party of 4? They are all added as guests in MDX with me managing plans for everyone. When I book a FP, is it going to ask me which guests it is for?
Yes. You will have the ability to pick and choose guests and then park and rides.

Also, when we use the MDX app to book 4th (or more) FPs after we have used our original 3, again - are we booking each additional FP for the entire party of 4? In one of the info posts at the beginning of this thread, it almost sounded like you could get an additional FP per person after the original 3 were used.
Same as above - pick and choose who gets whatever is available.

So, if for my 4th FP, I am getting a pass for my hubby and stepdaughter to ride something, could I also get another "4th" FP for me and my daughter to do a M&G before they have used theirs?
Yes. The overlap problem only applies to the same grouping of people not to different groupings.

Lastly, when scheduling your original 3 FPs, can you get two at the same time if they are for different guests?
Yes.

So, if I want to get a FP for my hubby and daughter to ride a ride with my first FP of the day, can I schedule my 2nd FP of the day at the same time for me and my daughter to meet Rapunzel, for example?
Do you mean "hubby and stepdaughter?" If so, you are correct in the booking process.

Yes. You will have the ability to pick and choose guests and then park and rides.

Same as above - pick and choose who gets whatever is available.

Yes. The overlap problem only applies to the same grouping of people not to different groupings.

Yes.

Do you mean "hubby and stepdaughter?" If so, you are correct in the booking process.

Yes, I meant stepdaughter! One last clarification for the original 3 FPs. For our first FP of the day, can two of us get a FP for one thing while two get a FP for another or would it take two FPs for us to do two different things? Just for the original three.

I'm not sure if I'm overthinking this, but I didn't see it specifically addressed.

I am attending MNSSHP, but I also have a hopper ticket day that I will use that day to rope drop a different park in the morning before we take a rest. I have scheduled my FastPasses for Magic Kingdom right before the party (3:20-4:20, 4:25-5:25, 5:25-6:25).

Since the ticket that was used to make the FastPasses must be used to enter the park, do I need to make sure that I enter Magic Kingdom on my hopper ticket (and later check-in for the party) or is it ok to just enter at one of the party entrances? If I need to make sure that my hopper ticket is used for entry, how do I do that? Is is safest to be in the park before party guests are allowed to enter? Obviously, I don't want to have to spend a bunch of time at Guest Services if I get locked out of my account.

You can do that if you like.

The original posts in this thread mention two different scan points for FP lines - at the entry and again when the two lines merge. Would I just have to scan at the first point of entry and then skip out if I choose not to ride with the rest of the group so my FP will show as used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter