• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I did not know about that or I would have freaked out last summer. But - given we stayed onsite all the time (in several resorts) I was able to book FP+ for every one of our 17 onsite days. We had a platinum pass that time, but I guess this won't make much difference. I did not have any trouble booking online.
Maybe this is something new?
I think when all of the days are onsite there are no issues. Officially it's 14 for onsite days but MDE lets you have more.

I think when all of the days are onsite there are no issues. Officially it's 14 for onsite days but MDE lets you have more.
It is 14 days when your FP booking window opens. Then, with each passing day an additional day of FPs can be added. The booking window immediately rolls forward after day#14.

It is 14 days when your FP booking window opens. Then, with each passing day an additional day of FPs can be added. The booking window immediately rolls forward after day#14.
That makes sense, just as how ADRs can be booked past 10 days, one day at a time. I didn't book my FPs until 5-6 days after I could have and all of my dates were understandably already showing. Disney says 14 max where I've read it, but in practice what you're saying makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

Thank you! Ten days total is interesting -- that makes more sense when a combination of trips are involved than 7 days in my opinion, though I hadn't heard that before! Before trying to add those two days, were you at exactly 10 days combined between your offsite and onsite FPs? In what order did you book those if you recall, and it sounds like there were no issues at that point? Thanks again!

Sorry, the limit of 10 days (might be 9, I can't remember now) was for a combination of off site followed by on site stays. If our December stay had been on site we would have been able to schedule FPs for length of stay in January as well as December. But because our first FPs were not connected to an on site stay, the limit was invoked.

Our December visit was the 6th to 13th, while January was 1st to 10th, so I'm pretty sure I booked FPs for January 3-9 at the 60-day window, which would have opened before the 30-day window for our December visit. If I had booked December first, I might not have been able to book as many January FP days as I did!

Sorry, the limit of 10 days (might be 9, I can't remember now) was for a combination of off site followed by on site stays. If our December stay had been on site we would have been able to schedule FPs for length of stay in January as well as December. But because our first FPs were not connected to an on site stay, the limit was invoked.

Our December visit was the 6th to 13th, while January was 1st to 10th, so I'm pretty sure I booked FPs for January 3-9 at the 60-day window, which would have opened before the 30-day window for our December visit. If I had booked December first, I might not have been able to book as many January FP days as I did!
I understood what you meant! The 7 day total seems so restrictive since it makes having an onsite stay a negative for FPs if you want to be able to go before that as well. Hearing you had a 9-10 limit at least lets you have a couple extras. But with your second stay being up to 9 park days without those first two days, maybe that was your max? I wonder how you were able to book any for December when you already had 9 for January? Or perhaps you booked December first and then it let you do January since you were onsite then? Dang, I wish any of this had crossed my mind before I booked mine! I'd love to test if I were to book some for offsite to find out if I'd have any issues then doing onsite. At the time I had just figured I'd be able to rebook at 30 days. The offsite limit makes total sense to me, but it's the onsite affecting the offsite that it causing the confusion. Thanks!

I understood what you meant! The 7 day total seems so restrictive since it makes having an onsite stay a negative for FPs if you want to be able to go before that as well. Hearing you had a 9-10 limit at least lets you have a couple extras. But with your second stay being up to 9 park days without those first two days, maybe that was your max? I wonder how you were able to book any for December when you already had 9 for January? Or perhaps you booked December first and then it let you do January since you were onsite then? Dang, I wish any of this had crossed my mind before I booked mine! I'd love to test if I were to book some for offsite to find out if I'd have any issues then doing onsite. At the time I had just figured I'd be able to rebook at 30 days. The offsite limit makes total sense to me, but it's the onsite affecting the offsite that it causing the confusion. Thanks!

Well, it will be many months from now, but I may be testing it again this fall! We will be off site Nov. 3-10 (FP window opens Oct 4 for day by day booking) and on site Dec. 2-9 (FP window opens Oct. 3 for length of stay booking)!

I have an onsite reservation for 6/30 for one night, 6 day tickets were purchased from Disney online yesterday (but no ticket numbers are entered into MDE yet, I assuming I need to put those in when we get those in the mail) that we will start using 7/2.
I went to MDE today just to play around & get familiar today...it only lets me look at fast passes through April until May 17. Why wouldn't I even be able to look into June?
I checked & my resort information & confirmation number is in MDE.

I have an onsite reservation for 6/30 for one night, 6 day tickets were purchased from Disney online yesterday (but no ticket numbers are entered into MDE yet, I assuming I need to put those in when we get those in the mail) that we will start using 7/2.
I went to MDE today just to play around & get familiar today...it only lets me look at fast passes through April until May 17. Why wouldn't I even be able to look into June?
I checked & my resort information & confirmation number is in MDE.
It's because you are more than 60 days from your check-in date. The system gives you the 60-day window at exactly 60 days out from your check-in date.

Well, it will be many months from now, but I may be testing it again this fall! We will be off site Nov. 3-10 (FP window opens Oct 4 for day by day booking) and on site Dec. 2-9 (FP window opens Oct. 3 for length of stay booking)!
Gotcha! Did you have FPs for ~8 offsite days in December and ~9 onsite days in January booked at the same time without issue before you tried adding the two additional for January? If so, I'm thinking you may have booked December's before January's such that it let you? Thanks again!

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. My stay is June 18 - June 23. My FP opens tomorrow. It sounds like I can book all 4 days of tickets tomorrow? Or can I only do June 19 tomorrow and then get up at 7am on Thursday to do June 20 and then 7am on Friday to do June 21 etc?

EEEK, I went onto the Disney website just to practice and it only shows 30 days (everything after May 18th is greyed out). Why can't I do 60 days? I'm staying at OKW but rented points thru Davids. Does that not count for the 60 day option?

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. My stay is June 18 - June 23. My FP opens tomorrow. It sounds like I can book all 4 days of tickets tomorrow? Or can I only do June 19 tomorrow and then get up at 7am on Thursday to do June 20 and then 7am on Friday to do June 21 etc?

EEEK, I went onto the Disney website just to practice and it only shows 30 days (everything after May 18th is greyed out). Why can't I do 60 days? I'm staying at OKW but rented points thru Davids. Does that not count for the 60 day option?
Your window completely opens on the designated day. You can book for all your 4 park days when your 60-day window opens exactly 60 days from your DVC check-in date. (Explained in the Booking Section of the OP - linked in mesaboy2's Signature)

Gotcha! Did you have FPs for ~8 offsite days in December and ~9 onsite days in January booked at the same time without issue before you tried adding the two additional for January? If so, I'm thinking you may have booked December's before January's such that it let you? Thanks again!

I had to go back to my email files to refresh my memory (yes, I'm a digital packrat :teeth:)! The January trip was with DD & DSiL, we were all running the 5K on Thursday & they were running the half marathon on Saturday, so in November I made only 4 days of FPs for DH and myself and 6 days for them (including Jan. 1 & 2 for them). Then later in November I made 6 days of FP for DH's & my December trip. So it added up to 10 days total - which was the most we could have as a result of our offsite trip happening first and onsite second. If we had been onsite both times I believe we could have had FPs for length of stay for both trips - but I doubt that I'll be able to test that theory!

I had to go back to my email files to refresh my memory (yes, I'm a digital packrat :teeth:)! The January trip was with DD & DSiL, we were all running the 5K on Thursday & they were running the half marathon on Saturday, so in November I made only 4 days of FPs for DH and myself and 6 days for them (including Jan. 1 & 2 for them). Then later in November I made 6 days of FP for DH's & my December trip. So it added up to 10 days total - which was the most we could have as a result of our offsite trip happening first and onsite second. If we had been onsite both times I believe we could have had FPs for length of stay for both trips - but I doubt that I'll be able to test that theory!
Thank you for checking -- so sweet of you! :) That makes more sense with 10 total to start, and I bet you could have made more if they were both onsite no problem as you got far enough into November. After you had your 10 set, did you add more for either date (other than Jan. 1st and 2nd) such that it let you add more offsite for December and/or such that it didn't cancel any of your offsite when you added more onsite for January? If so, that's more than I'd expect and it would change things for me. If not, if you went from 10 to 12 total (by adding Jan 1st and 2nd) and you had days each trip without FPs, that's pretty much where I am. Thank you yet again!!!

Thank you for checking -- so sweet of you! :) That makes more sense with 10 total to start, and I bet you could have made more if they were both onsite no problem as you got far enough into November. After you had your 10 set, did you add more for either date (other than Jan. 1st and 2nd) such that it let you add more offsite for December and/or such that it didn't cancel any of your offsite when you added more onsite for January? If so, that's more than I'd expect and it would change things for me. If not, if you went from 10 to 12 total (by adding Jan 1st and 2nd) and you had days each trip without FPs, that's pretty much where I am. Thank you yet again!!!

No, I just nervously waited until we used our first day of FP in December to add DH and me to their January 1 FP and then one more day to add us to their Jan. 2. Fortunately we weren't trying for FEA or SDMT either day, so no problems there!

Is there a problem with MDE/fastpasses this morning? Woke up early to do my 6 am fastpasses, but it won't let me go last 30 days. (My reservations at Dolphin and annual passes are all showing in MDE). Anything I can do besides waiting till 7 to call and be late for work?

Is there a problem with MDE/fastpasses this morning? Woke up early to do my 6 am fastpasses, but it won't let me go last 30 days. (My reservations at Dolphin and annual passes are all showing in MDE). Anything I can do besides waiting till 7 to call and be late for work?
Fast passes are at 7am EST

We plan to watch the 4:45pm Indy Show and then watch the 5:30pm Frozen show. We have a FP for Frozen but it's from 5:00pm - 5:15pm. I think the Indy Show ends at 5:15pm and then we need to get over to Frozen. If we show up after 5:15pm will our FP no longer work even though the show is not until 5:30pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter