FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
MK closure on party nights is listed as 6:00 PM this year, so it seems they do plan to clear the park of non-party guests before 7:00. I don't know what this does to FP booking windows.
They are closing at 6pm only for the Christmas party nights, not on the Halloween party nights. for MNSSHP nights this year it is still a 7pm close and they are not clearing the park. And you can use your MNSSHP ticket to book FP+ selections, I just did this Sunday myself when my window opened. I did 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6:30pm for mine.

They are closing at 6pm only for the Christmas party nights, not on the Halloween party nights. for MNSSHP nights this year it is still a 7pm close and they are not clearing the park. And you can use your MNSSHP ticket to book FP+ selections, I just did this Sunday myself when my window opened. I did 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6:30pm for mine.

Thanks. We'll be there in December but not during Halloween party time so I haven't followed those park schedules at all. Sorry for confusing the issue!

Post #10:
Special Events / Refurbishments / New Attractions

- FPs cannot be scheduled during Extra Magic Hours.

- FPs cannot be scheduled during hard-ticket special access hours such as those provided by Disney Early Morning Magic Hours or Disney After Hours.

- FPs cannot be scheduled during hard-ticket events such as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, or Night of Joy. However, party tickets can be used for scheduling FPs during the party’s 3-hour grace period from 4:00p to 7:00p. Note that in past seasons Disney has canceled any FPs whose windows ended at 6:30p or later, therefore it is recommended to schedule these 3 FPs back-to-back between 3:30p and 6:30p. These FPs are not in addition to the 3 other FPs that a guest may already have scheduled that day using a regular park ticket, since the MDX system allows a maximum of 3 FPs per guest per day per account. Early reports are that for this year's MVMCPs only (and not MNSSHPs), attractions will close to day guests at 6:00p. If true, it is unclear if party guests will be able to be schedule FPs using only party tickets. At best, I would expect the maximum number of FPs that could be scheduled would reduce to 2. This bullet point will be updated as new information warrants.

- Additional FP attractions are offered for some seasonal shows. In the tiered parks (Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom), these FPs are integrated into the existing tiering system and can appear as Group 1 or Group 2 attractions.

- The MDX system will not allow a guest to schedule FP for an attraction scheduled for refurbishment on that day. Changes to attraction refurbishment schedules are often unpredictable and can occur on short notice, even after a guest has scheduled FP for that attraction. In this case, MDX may send an email to the account holder to alert them of their options.

- If an attraction undergoes a long refurbishment, FPs will often be available to schedule once Disney announces the attraction’s reopening date. Disney’s refurbishment schedule and official announcements are often unpredictable however, so unfortunately there is no concrete answer to when FPs will open in these cases.

- Similarly, FPs for any new attraction may or may not be available to schedule once Disney announces the attraction’s opening date. FPs may not be released for a new attraction until just days before or even after the attraction is open. Guests wishing to schedule FPs for new attractions will need to remain vigilant once their booking windows open, and can assume that these attractions will be very popular FP choices.

Hi, a quick question. I have a 10 day non expiring ticket in my account which I bought a number of years ago and I also have a 4 park magic ticket which I bought this year. When I choose, fastpass+ options, how do I make sure it goes on the 4 park magic ticket and not the older 10 day non expiring ticket? I don't see anywhere in the my Disney account where it tells you which ticket to put it on?

Hi, a quick question. I have a 10 day non expiring ticket in my account which I bought a number of years ago and I also have a 4 park magic ticket which I bought this year. When I choose, fastpass+ options, how do I make sure it goes on the 4 park magic ticket and not the older 10 day non expiring ticket? I don't see anywhere in the my Disney account where it tells you which ticket to put it on?
FP are attached to the profile, not specific tickets. When you go to make fp, the system checks for eligibility but doesn't attach a specific ticket. As long as the profile with the fp has a ticket attached and a ticket on the profile is used to enter the park you are good. Doesn't matter which ticket on the profile is actually used.

Sorry if this has been asked. If I'm park hopping and I only pre book one FP for test track as soon as I use that pass can I book two more at mk for that night or only one at a time?

Sorry if this has been asked. If I'm park hopping and I only pre book one FP for test track as soon as I use that pass can I book two more at mk for that night or only one at a time?

You can do two more. From the Addendum, Post #4:
PARK HOPPING

Booking a FP+ for another park while in the first park:

(test credit to @marciemi)

When 3 FP+ are booked for Park #1:
With the new updates to the FP+ system as of April 2016, in addition to booking your 4th FP+ of the day on your phone (instead of a kiosk), you can now book FP+ for a different park than the one you’re in. If you have booked 3 FP+ for the first park, as soon as you scan at the first touchpoint to get in the FP+ line for your third FP+, you can then make a 4th FP+, either for the same park, or for another park. Be sure to allow yourself enough travel time for travel between parks when selecting your time.

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).

This maybe unethical but I apologize in advance if it is.
If I have a 3 night package with 3 day ticket with park hopper. If I add a 10 night RO that overlaps the 3 night (lets say 3 night is 7th thru 10th and RO is 1st thru 10th) Will i be able to stack the FPs the last 3 nights. If I cancel the RO after the 60 day window opens for the 3 night pkg, will the FPs also get canceled?

If I have a 3 night package with 3 day ticket with park hopper. If I add a 10 night RO that overlaps the 3 night (lets say 3 night is 7th thru 10th and RO is 1st thru 10th) Will i be able to stack the FPs the last 3 nights. If I cancel the RO after the 60 day window opens for the 3 night pkg, will the FPs also get canceled?

You can't book 6 FPs on the days the bookings overlap, if that's what you're asking. All that counts is that you have a 3 day ticket, which means that you can book 3 FPs per day for 3 days.

Booking a room specifically to gain perks (FPs) and then canceling the room cannot be discussed on the Boards. Admins have determined it is not an allowable topic.

I thought the FP were connected to tickets not hotel reservations

Booking a room specifically to gain perks (FPs) and then canceling the room cannot be discussed on the Boards. Admins have determined it is not an allowable topic.
Again I apologize. A friend had told me about this and I wanted to know if this any kind of violation according to Disney.
Again I'm sorry for raising it

So I tried to book FP's for Epcot and it would only let me book one for the day. I booked Soarin' and tried to book Test Track and it wouldn't let me. Why??

So I tried to book FP's for Epcot and it would only let me book one for the day. I booked Soarin' and tried to book Test Track and it wouldn't let me. Why??
Soarin' and Test Track are both Tier 1 rides. You are only allowed to book 1 Tier 1 and 2 Tier 2

Wow! Thanks so much for the very thorough information! Although the excerpt regarding split stays was very well written, I wanted to ensure I understand. Our scenario includes an offsite stay from 10/11-10/14, followed by an onsite RO stay from 10/14-10/17. Valid tickets are linked to my MDX. According to the OP:
  • Offsite Stay followed by Onsite RO Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Since the offsite stay precedes the onsite RO stay, this window already includes booking for the offsite stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. All of this assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.
Does this mean that I will be able to book FP for the entirety of my trip 60 days before 10/14 (the first day of my onsite stay)? Including the preceding offsite stay? TIA!

Wow! Thanks so much for the very thorough information! Although the excerpt regarding split stays was very well written, I wanted to ensure I understand. Our scenario includes an offsite stay from 10/11-10/14, followed by an onsite RO stay from 10/14-10/17. Valid tickets are linked to my MDX. According to the OP:
  • Offsite Stay followed by Onsite RO Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Since the offsite stay precedes the onsite RO stay, this window already includes booking for the offsite stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. All of this assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.
Does this mean that I will be able to book FP for the entirety of my trip 60 days before 10/14 (the first day of my onsite stay)? Including the preceding offsite stay? TIA!

Yep. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter