• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ For Cast Members?

If you are going for 5 days with guest passes and staying onsite but you are only able to book 4 days of fast passes, does a window ever open to book the 5th day?

If you are going for 5 days with guest passes and staying onsite but you are only able to book 4 days of fast passes, does a window ever open to book the 5th day?
As soon as your first park day ends, you can book for Day#5.

Can additional fast passes (4th or more) be made for the whole group with guest passes and cast member if the cast member does it in their MDE or is it only at the Kiosks?

Can additional fast passes (4th or more) be made for the whole group with guest passes and cast member if the cast member does it in their MDE or is it only at the Kiosks?
The CM can do the additional booking in their own MDX account. That’s the only account where Guest Passes appear.

Kiosk if you don’t have access to the CM’s account.

The CM can do the additional booking in their own MDX account. That’s the only account where Guest Passes appear.

Kiosk if you don’t have access to the CM’s account.
Perfect! Thank you!

Hi there,

I'm a California cast member, and have booked a trip for myself and 3 dependents for Jan 1-6, staying at the Animal Kingdom. First visit to WDW, and trying to understand the Fastpass system, since in DL, we usually just enter with my Silver Pass, get the tickets at the main gate, and then upgrade to FastPass by paying the fee. WDW sounds quite different, so I'm not clear on a lot on the process and the acronyms - MDE, MDX, etc. and how exactly I'm supposed to link my silver pass, sign up for the FP+, what to do if the dates are blocked out, etc. If anyone can help explain, would be very helpful.

Hi there,

I'm a California cast member, and have booked a trip for myself and 3 dependents for Jan 1-6, staying at the Animal Kingdom. First visit to WDW, and trying to understand the Fastpass system, since in DL, we usually just enter with my Silver Pass, get the tickets at the main gate, and then upgrade to FastPass by paying the fee. WDW sounds quite different, so I'm not clear on a lot on the process and the acronyms - MDE, MDX, etc. and how exactly I'm supposed to link my silver pass, sign up for the FP+, what to do if the dates are blocked out, etc. If anyone can help explain, would be very helpful.

Hi there,

So I’m a recent Disneyland convert. My fiancé and I started going there a year ago and we are now obsessed! Having said that, I think the Fastpass system at Disneyland is much smoother and more fun to use as I feel more engaged with the system throughout the day. By comparison Fastpass+ at Disneyworld can be considered more a pre-planning trip guarantee. You are allowed to choose 3 Fastpasses initially and then after those are used, you will be able to book one more. It is best to use these on the rides that generally have the highest wait times or are the most popular.

I’m going to try to answer some of the question you posed above but please feel free to ask more specifics. MDE - My Disney Experience, this is the phone app that you’re going to want to download. It allows you to access and choose your Fastpasses. You can link your Silverpass to MDE in the tickets section. When you say dates blocked out do you mean blocked out from getting into the park itself or the ride is blocked? If you mean that you are blocked out of the park there isn’t anything you can do aside from using one of your complimentary tickets or buying a ticket. If you are referring to the later then the best thing you can do is to attempt to book something else because Fastpasses do go fairly fast. If you are staying on property you can book your Fastpasses in advance so there’s a bit more competition than in Disneyland (yet another reason why I’m growing to like DL more). I would download MDE (My Disney Experience) or Magic Guide and look at the wait times for rides throughout the day to see which rides are more popular. You should be able to pick what might be best to get a Fastpass for using that system. Or feel free to ask. I’d love to help. :)

Solomon

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Hiro, you have been immensely helpful over the years answering everyone's questions. I have access to a Main Gate Pass and the 3 additional guests passes. So far, thanks to this thread, I have learned that:

1. Fast Passes can be made up to 7 days in advance, but only up to 4 days at a time. The next consecutive day opens after the first day finishes, and so forth.

2. That guests use the CARD to access the parks and rides, not their Magic Bands.

3. And much more! (That just didn't pertain to me, like staying on property.)

I was wondering if Hiro, or Soloman, could help me with a quick question!

Hollywood Studios is blacked out for the next few months (I will be there January 27th-Feb 6th.) Can a single day ticket be purchased and linked to MDE for the day you want to visit HWS, and does it affect the Primary Passholder's Main Gate Pass? Since the Primary Passholder has to use their card to enter the other parks, I don't think it's "affected" in anyway by purchasing a ticket, as I'm assuming the ticket to HWS would just get linked to their Magic Band and they enter that way??

Thank you so much for all your help!

Last edited:
Can a single day ticket be purchased and linked to MDE for the day you want to visit HWS
Yes and it doesn’t affect anything else.

The entrance and FP system will read it as a valid entitlement.

If you have any CM comp tickets, they are NOT blocked out for Studios.

One thing I usually do is have a day where I can't make FP (because of the 4 day at a time thing) to be a MK day. There are so many rides there, I can usually get some good ones even a few days ahead. So I might make FP+ for days 1,2,3 and 5. After day 1, I book Day 4 of my trip's FP+.

It looks like Hiro answered your question, but if you have any others please feel free to ask away.

Solomon

Hi everyone,

Hiro, you have been immensely helpful over the years answering everyone's questions. I have access to a Main Gate Pass and the 3 additional guests passes. So far, thanks to this thread, I have learned that:

1. Fast Passes can be made up to 7 days in advance, but only up to 4 days at a time. The next consecutive day opens after the first day finishes, and so forth.

2. That guests use the CARD to access the parks and rides, not their Magic Bands.

3. And much more! (That just didn't pertain to me, like staying on property.)

I was wondering if Hiro, or Soloman, could help me with a quick question!

Hollywood Studios is blacked out for the next few months (I will be there January 27th-Feb 6th.) Can a single day ticket be purchased and linked to MDE for the day you want to visit HWS, and does it affect the Primary Passholder's Main Gate Pass? Since the Primary Passholder has to use their card to enter the other parks, I don't think it's "affected" in anyway by purchasing a ticket, as I'm assuming the ticket to HWS would just get linked to their Magic Band and they enter that way??

Thank you so much for all your help!

It looks like Hiro answered your question, but if you have any others please feel free to ask away.

Solomon
Yes and it doesn’t affect anything else.

The entrance and FP system will read it as a valid entitlement.

If you have any CM comp tickets, they are NOT blocked out for Studios.

Thank you, Hiro! That’s a big help. I do have one more question, which seems to be causing the most confusion in my group. The Main Gate Pass is linked to the passholder name in MDE. Are the guest passes then linked to that same passholder account using the code numbers (12 digits) on the bottom right of the card? They are NOT individually linked to other accounts because then other family members wouldn’t be able to use them, right? Are there any serious issues caused if a guest pass is linked to someone else’s account that isn’t the main passholder? Or do guest passes even need to be linked at all?! It seems like they must be in order to make Fast Passes. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Hiro, you can expound if I’m wrong but from my experience within MDE the main gate pass is linked directly to the cast member and they are free to add their fastpasses. For the additional cards they are not linked to individuals they are simply linked as cards themselves so when fastpass selections are made, the main gate holder must make them within their MDE and only they can link the additional cards. Those cards will come up as numbers (not names) on the app and only those cards will function as what is used to access the fastpasses in the park. The person must tap one of the additional cards and not their personal card or magicband. The cards are not linked to the others individually accounts and they have no access to make any kind of fastpasses or fastpass changes. Only the main gate card holder can do that. Hiro, please feel free to add and add end but the above has been my experience so far.

Solomon

Thank you, Hiro! That’s a big help. I do have one more question, which seems to be causing the most confusion in my group. The Main Gate Pass is linked to the passholder name in MDE. Are the guest passes then linked to that same passholder account using the code numbers (12 digits) on the bottom right of the card? They are NOT individually linked to other accounts because then other family members wouldn’t be able to use them, right? Are there any serious issues caused if a guest pass is linked to someone else’s account that isn’t the main passholder? Or do guest passes even need to be linked at all?! It seems like they must be in order to make Fast Passes. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Hi Solomon,

thanks so much for the reply. From the Google searching I’ve been doing in message boards and various websites, that’s how I thought it worked. The guest passes are added in the main gate pass holder’s account and that’s now’s FPs are made for all members/guests on that account.

Last edited:
Trying to delete this comment, but I guess I can't. Can be ignored or deleted by a mod. thanks :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter