FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
60 day window starts today for a resort+ticket combo purchased through TA. I see my 3 day PH in MDE but no option to choose FP+ (shows locked icon). When I click on it the button it takes me to a screen to link it again and when I do it says "already linked to [me]" Is this a tech issue? Am I missing something obvious?
Fast passes can be booked at 7am EST. Try again in 20 minutes and it should unlock for you!

FEA starts operating daily at park open, but FPs for it are not offered until after 11:00a.

Is this still the case??? I think I've just spent the last week driving myself batty trying to move up my FEA FP to 9-10 a.m. o_O

Question on FP+ booking windows: I have a package at the AKL for 5 nights with 4 day park hopper tickets. We check in on a Sunday and check out on a Friday. We plan to tour the parks on Monday through Thursday. My FP+ booking window opens 60 days before the Sunday we arrive. But if I have 4 day tickets linked to my account, will I only be able to make FP reservations for Sun, Mon, Tues, and Wed? Or will the system allow me to make FP+ reservations for any and all days of the trip (Sunday through Friday). Or will it allow me to make reservations for any 4 days, but not a fifth day? I ask because I may like to make a FP+ reservation for the Friday morning we depart and decide at the last minute if we want to pay to extend our passes to a 5th day if our travel schedule allows a half day in a park that day.

Question on FP+ booking windows: I have a package at the AKL for 5 nights with 4 day park hopper tickets. We check in on a Sunday and check out on a Friday. We plan to tour the parks on Monday through Thursday. My FP+ booking window opens 60 days before the Sunday we arrive. But if I have 4 day tickets linked to my account, will I only be able to make FP reservations for Sun, Mon, Tues, and Wed? Or will the system allow me to make FP+ reservations for any and all days of the trip (Sunday through Friday). Or will it allow me to make reservations for any 4 days, but not a fifth day? I ask because I may like to make a FP+ reservation for the Friday morning we depart and decide at the last minute if we want to pay to extend our passes to a 5th day if our travel schedule allows a half day in a park that day.

You'll be able to make FP reservations for any 4 days starting with Sun.

From Post #3:
If a guest has more resort days booked than ticket days in the MDX account, the FPs can be scheduled on any days during the stay. For example, if a guest has a 5-day stay from Monday to Friday but only 3 days of tickets, FPs can be scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I have a two night RO stay booked for September, followed by a week offsite. We have APs, and also tickets for MNSSHP.

I’m so confused about the rolling 60 day window. I’ve read post #4 so many times, but I’m still not convinced that I understand. I know I can book the first three days of FPs at 60 days. After that, is it sixty days out on each day or can I do the remaining days 60 days from the date I check out?

Also, with APs and MNSSHP tickets can I book eight days of FPs, or is it still just seven?

I have a two night RO stay booked for September, followed by a week offsite. We have APs, and also tickets for MNSSHP.

I’m so confused about the rolling 60 day window. I’ve read post #4 so many times, but I’m still not convinced that I understand. I know I can book the first three days of FPs at 60 days. After that, is it sixty days out on each day or can I do the remaining days 60 days from the date I check out?

Also, with APs and MNSSHP tickets can I book eight days of FPs, or is it still just seven?

60 days from each individual day after the initial stay. The 60 day window remains open until the check-out day from the resort, when it snaps back to 30 days. That generally doesn't matter to most, unless you booked another offsite-only stay more than a month later.

60 days from each individual day after the initial stay. The 60 day window remains open until the check-out day from the resort, when it snaps back to 30 days. That generally doesn't matter to most, unless you booked another offsite-only stay more than a month later.
Thank you! I did read post #4 and your response, but I just want to be perfectly clear. Here's a scenario.

Let's say I'm booking fast passes for an onsite stay starting on Oct. 10th through the 17th. The offsite stay starts on the 17th. We could book fast passes for the onsite portion on August 11th. Would the rolling 60 days begin on Aug. 12th (at which time I could book fast passes for Oct. 18th and then I could book Oct. 19th on Aug. 13th and so on) OR would the rolling not begin until Aug. 19th, at which time I could book Oct. 18th. Then on Aug. 20th I could book Oct. 19th and so on. I don't know why I'm finding this so confusing! I'm a Disney vet! LOL

Thank you! I did read post #4 and your response, but I just want to be perfectly clear. Here's a scenario.

Let's say I'm booking fast passes for an onsite stay starting on Oct. 10th through the 17th. The offsite stay starts on the 17th. We could book fast passes for the onsite portion on August 11th. Would the rolling 60 days begin on Aug. 12th (at which time I could book fast passes for Oct. 18th and then I could book Oct. 19th on Aug. 13th and so on) OR would the rolling not begin until Aug. 19th, at which time I could book Oct. 18th. Then on Aug. 20th I could book Oct. 19th and so on. I don't know why I'm finding this so confusing! I'm a Disney vet! LOL

The rolling 60 applies to the day in you want to book the passes for - so, on August 19th, you can book Fastpasses for October 18th (and any days prior to that). Then on August 20th, you can book for October 19th, etc. Always 60 days from the target day.

The rolling 60 applies to the day in you want to book the passes for - so, on August 19th, you can book Fastpasses for October 18th (and any days prior to that). Then on August 20th, you can book for October 19th, etc. Always 60 days from the target day.
Finally got it! Thank you!! :)

Is it worth using a FP for ROL at AK? When I look at the list of attractions there, it seems like AK honestly has the most attractions that my DH and step-D will enjoy. They are going to want to do FOP, KRR, and EE. We might all want to do NRJ together, but I can't get a FP for that for all of us if we do FOP (which I will try to get of course). We will all definitely want to do KS together.

Should I do a family FP for KS, a family FP for ROL, and a FP for DH/step-D for FOP? That leaves my DD and I with a 3rd FP option to pick. We could maybe do NRJ by ourselves and try to do it with the others again later, but I sometimes get a little anxious on indoor, dimly lit rides, especially if they get stuck, due to my claustrophobia so I'm not sure we should do it alone. That would also leave us with the inability to get a 4th FP while at AK, because we would have to wait until ROL was over. So, we would have to do KRR and EE in the normal standby lines, but could attempt to do at least one of those as soon as the park opens.

I currently have a ROL dining package ADR for TH, but am debating whether to keep it, because if I use it we won't have any TS credits left for our last day of the trip at Epcot. That is checkout day and we won't be able to go back to the hotel for a break and wouldn't have any TS credits left to use for a break at a restaurant. Just trying to decide whether I should use my last TS credits to get guaranteed seating for ROL or save my TS credits for Epcot day and maybe FP ROL.

Last edited:
FP+ Booking Strategy Question: We have a 5 day trip for 11/29 to 12/4, 6 people, bringing my parents along for the first time. I am worried that when my 60 day window opens, finding FOP for 6 (instead of our usual 4) will prove super challenging, so I'm wondering if it makes sense when first booking to immediately start looking for two groups of 3 FPs for FOP or if I should go straight to looking for FPs for the entire party of six. I feel like the FPs will go within in the first few minutes of the window opening and I'm torn which is the best strategy and feeling like I will miss out if I choose the wrong strategy. I also don't want to wind up with only three of us having FPs, though I don't mind if we go at different hours of the day so long as no one is left out entirely. I have lots of experience booking FPs but never in broken up groups (though I have done that the day of while in a park and we're splitting up). Can someone advise what's the best plan in this circumstance? I was hoping that our week would be comparatively slower, but that's not really the case looking at room availability, so between that and the fact that we only have 5 day tickets, I'm feeling stressed. It seems lots of folks booking for Sept and October are having trouble, which makes me think that the week after Thanksgiving will be even harder.

Is it worth using a FP for ROL at AK? When I look at the list of attractions there, it seems like AK honestly has the most attractions that my DH and step-D will enjoy. They are going to want to do FOP, KRR, and EE. We might all want to do NRJ together, but I can't get a FP for that for all of us if we do FOP (which I will try to get of course). We will all definitely want to do KS together.

Should I do a family FP for KS, a family FP for ROL, and a FP for DH/step-D for FOP? That leaves my DD and I with a 3rd FP option to pick. We could maybe do NRJ by ourselves and try to do it with the others again later, but I sometimes get a little anxious on indoor, dimly lit rides, especially if they get stuck, due to my claustrophobia so I'm not sure we should do it alone. That would also leave us with the inability to get a 4th FP while at AK, because we would have to wait until ROL was over. So, we would have to do KRR and EE in the normal standby lines, but could attempt to do at least one of those as soon as the park opens.

I currently have a ROL dining package ADR for TH, but am debating whether to keep it, because if I use it we won't have any TS credits left for our last day of the trip at Epcot. That is checkout day and we won't be able to go back to the hotel for a break and wouldn't have any TS credits left to use for a break at a restaurant. Just trying to decide whether I should use my last TS credits to get guaranteed seating for ROL or save my TS credits for Epcot day and maybe FP ROL.

Ok, while I still have the question about FP for ROL or whether I should keep Tusker House ROL ADR, I went back and read the first post and now think I may have a new strategy.

I could do a family FP for KS and ROL, a FOP FP for DH/stepD, and either a KRR or EE FP for DD/myself. Then DD/myself could give our Magic Bands to DH/stepD for them to ride KRR or EE, based on the first post. Then we would only have to do standby for the whole family for NRJ (perhaps getting there ASAP after rope drop) and standby for DH/stepD for EE or KRR, whichever one was left. Does that sound like a decent plan for AK? Then I could cancel my Tusker House ROL ADR and save my TS credits for Epcot. Does a FP for ROL guarantee seating like the ADR?

Here is our situation. DH and I have tickets left over from 2004. After emailing Disney, I found out that we each have one park day left to use. I just spent a lot of time on the phone with technical support trying to get these tickets connected to MDE to no avail. So, that means that we won't be able to make any FP+ selections for our day at MK. I'll need to go to guest services when we arrive to have them convert our tickets so we can link them to MDE. We are only going to be in WDW for two days following a Disney cruise and we'll only be visiting the parks (MK) for one day. I'll buy my boys their one-day ticket and link them to MDE before we leave. Here is where things get confusing for me. Can I make FP+ selections for my boys at the 60-day mark (we are staying at BLT) if I have their tickets linked in MDE? Only problem is, they are only 11. Can they go through the FP line without us or is that a no-no? I don't want to do anything wrong. Also, what are the chances that I'll be able to make some FP+ selections once I get mine and DH's ticket converted? I am really only worried about SDMT and maybe Peter Pan. I just need to prepare my boys that riding SDMT may not happen if we don't make it to rope drop on our MK day.

Thanks for any insight.

We have no expiration tickets from a time where there was no number or bar code on the back of the ticket.

How do we register these tickets for fast pass - so we can register these tickets for fast pass 30 days in advance, from our home?

Hey all, asking a question for a friend here. They have a few days booked at All Star Movies in about 40 days and they picked FastPasses at the 60 day mark. Now they're considering an off site stay to save money, and wanted to confirm they would lose their FastPasses since off site is only a 30 day window. I'm pretty sure that's what would happen, correct?

They also wanted me to ask what would happen if they waited until the 30 day mark, then cancelled (and ate the cancellation fee, which I think is ludicrous unless their off site stay is going to be way, way cheaper, which I sort of doubt), would they lose the passes or keep them? They're worried about Flight of Passage of course, so the odds of rebooking it are not great.

Matt

Hey all, asking a question for a friend here. They have a few days booked at All Star Movies in about 40 days and they picked FastPasses at the 60 day mark. Now they're considering an off site stay to save money, and wanted to confirm they would lose their FastPasses since off site is only a 30 day window. I'm pretty sure that's what would happen, correct?

They also wanted me to ask what would happen if they waited until the 30 day mark, then cancelled (and ate the cancellation fee, which I think is ludicrous unless their off site stay is going to be way, way cheaper, which I sort of doubt), would they lose the passes or keep them? They're worried about Flight of Passage of course, so the odds of rebooking it are not great.

Matt

I'm pretty sure that 30 days is now the point at which you can cancel without a penalty.

ETA: Yep, I just checked the Terms & Conditions for my Disneyland trip, and there's no penalty until the 29 day mark.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that 30 days is now the point at which you can cancel without a penalty.

I was under the impression it was 31 days, I assumed for exactly this reason, but maybe I'm wrong, the first Google result is MouseSavers, saying 31, I couldn't quickly find a clear answer on the Disney website.

The question stands though, if they switch at exactly 30 days, do they lose their passes or keep them?

Thanks,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter