FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I'll report back if that isn't the case on Monday.

This is the portion of the Split Stays post that applies:
Onsite Package Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite package stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite package stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite package checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to give hope to anyone trying to book FOP FPs early in your stay...

We are arriving on 31 July and with only a few days in the parks we are heading into AK on 60+1. At our 60 day window a couple of weeks ago my hubby and I were both online and trying for FOP. No luck. No surprise...

I kept hooking into the MDE app over the next days, maybe 4-6 random times of the day. And a week later there was suddenly a time available - 5.10pm. After checking that I wasn’t imagining things, I grabbed it even though it was later than we wanted.

So... I’ve still been checking the app several times a day trying to modify the FOP FPs. It’s only 2 weeks later and, yesterday an earlier time slot was there when I looked. We now have 1.00pm FPS, just after our Yak & Yeti lunch.

We are all set! Can get our rides done in the morning, including rope drop FOP. Then have lunch and do FOP with FP. Head back to our hotel for a rest/pool time. Then back in time for our 6pm Tiffins with ROL dinner. Then hopefully another ride of something, and a wander through the park at night.

The lesson? Learn from the hints and tips from everyone here! If you don’t get what you want to start with, don’t give up - keep checking. Grab what you can and then keep trying to modify it to a better time for you.

Thanks to all you great people here!

Tomorrow (Saturday) is my FP day. After reading Kenny the Pirate's tutorial, I think I am ready. I am going to go into my account, jump immediately to our AK day, and pray that I can book FoP. IF I can't, I'll book Navi. Then I'll jump to our DS day and try to book SDD or TSMM (DD still isn't sure which she wants to ride). Then I'll jump to our Epcot day and book FEA. Does that sound like the right order, based on popularity of attraction? If DD decides on TSMM instead of SDD, would you book TSMM or FEA first (well, after FoP)? Then I can book whatever else I want, at my "leisure" (in other words, at least in order of day of travel- not doing 7DMT).

Does this sound right? I am stressing BIG-time here, because I am NOT tech savvy; in fact, in our family, I am known as techno-stupid. I have no cell phone, no tablet, no Fitbit, no streaming, etc., just my laptop for the internet and work stuff. I'm anxious about this- I just have to remember to breathe, right?

So, I am still having a hard time figuring this out...

We currently have a reservation for 8/20 to 8/25 at Pop with an 8 day ticket. I finally managed to book fastpasses for 8/20 to /25. However, we will actually be at Disney from around 8/18 to 8/31 (plus/minus a day or two). I am hoping to exchange into DVC and think chances are pretty good. In that case we will switch to the UK 14 day ticket.

Do I understand it correctly that I can make reservations for 8/26 and onwards always 60 days before the actual date? I am mostly hoping to get FOP - is there any chance I would be able to get it if I can just book 60 days ahead?

Tomorrow (Saturday) is my FP day. After reading Kenny the Pirate's tutorial, I think I am ready. I am going to go into my account, jump immediately to our AK day, and pray that I can book FoP. IF I can't, I'll book Navi. Then I'll jump to our DS day and try to book SDD or TSMM (DD still isn't sure which she wants to ride). Then I'll jump to our Epcot day and book FEA. Does that sound like the right order, based on popularity of attraction? If DD decides on TSMM instead of SDD, would you book TSMM or FEA first (well, after FoP)? Then I can book whatever else I want, at my "leisure" (in other words, at least in order of day of travel- not doing 7DMT).

Does this sound right? I am stressing BIG-time here, because I am NOT tech savvy; in fact, in our family, I am known as techno-stupid. I have no cell phone, no tablet, no Fitbit, no streaming, etc., just my laptop for the internet and work stuff. I'm anxious about this- I just have to remember to breathe, right?

If you decide to do TSM I would wait and do it after the others. It has availability well after 60 days (and even after 30 days).

MyDisneyExperience shows I am 60 days out (arrive on 8/23/18).
Yet, a calendar counts shows 61 days. Called WDW and they confirm 61 days out and can make FP's tomorrow.
Go onto MDE and it allows me to make FPs???
Here's my question - are the FPs I am making legit or will they be gone tomorrow?

MyDisneyExperience shows I am 60 days out (arrive on 8/23/18).
Yet, a calendar counts shows 61 days. Called WDW and they confirm 61 days out and can make FP's tomorrow.
Go onto MDE and it allows me to make FPs???
Here's my question - are the FPs I am making legit or will they be gone tomorrow?

There are certain situations/circumstances and/or glitches where your FP day opens up a day before it otherwise 'should'. You're all good, enjoy!

I didn't do so well with the fast passes. MDE kept telling me DD's ticket isn't linked to my account, but it IS. Turns out she is in there twice, once from an older trip and once from this trip, and they were seeing her older trip name as not linked. Anyhow, by 7:15am passes for both FoP and SDD were gone for the day. I guess we'll rope drop FoP (it's an extra magic morning, so maybe my luck will be better?0 and skip SDD. We weren't sure about SDD anyhow, so it's OK- we got TSMM with no problem. Most of my other times and such are ok... not loving them, though.

Odd that their site is off by a day.
I wonder if it is because I have a dining reservation the day before my trip starts.

Last edited:
I didn't do so well with the fast passes. MDE kept telling me DD's ticket isn't linked to my account, but it IS. Turns out she is in there twice, once from an older trip and once from this trip, and they were seeing her older trip name as not linked. Anyhow, by 7:15am passes for both FoP and SDD were gone for the day. I guess we'll rope drop FoP (it's an extra magic morning, so maybe my luck will be better?0 and skip SDD. We weren't sure about SDD anyhow, so it's OK- we got TSMM with no problem. Most of my other times and such are ok... not loving them, though.

I recommend u continue to check. I’ve seen posted numerous times over and over people having success modifying their times to the exact time or very close to what they were hoping for n the beginning. Also, keep checking for FOP. I know someone who planned a trip n 1 weeks notice and managed to snag fp’s for FoP.

Right NOW there’s a 6.05pm Fastpass for FOP available on 1st August...

And it was gone an hour later. Someone got lucky - I’ve already got one for 1.20pm that day and am checking constantly because I want to move it up to 1pm... :coffee:

Got all the FP's I wanted except FOP. Not available at all on 8/23.
Is there a trick for checking availability? The problem is I have 3 FP's for that day. So, MDE will not let me check any FP availability that day.

How'd it Go?

It wasn't so bad. I may have a slight the advantage of arriving on a Friday. I did have to wait until my last day (60+7) to get FOP. Plenty of Toy Story Land FPs available. Also have been able to move around my times since.

Thanks for the help!

Got all the FP's I wanted except FOP. Not available at all on 8/23.
Is there a trick for checking availability? The problem is I have 3 FP's for that day. So, MDE will not let me check any FP availability that day.

You can check by attempting to modify your NRJ FP if you have one, or any other AK FP if you don’t. If FOP isn’t available, then back out without confirming any changes.

Grab the SDD as your choice no matter what. You can easily change to TSM if you decide but not the other way around. Also you could RD or get 4th pass for TSM. Not to mention, many RDers that would've hit TSM will be hitting the new rides. SDD is going to be a hard RD. TSM has 3 tracks, I've been watching wait times and it's not horrible early. I've also been watching FP availability for it and it is always still having slots.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but I scheduled my PF+ this morning and I can't figure out how to modify my choices from my phone. Was there a change with the update?

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but I scheduled my PF+ this morning and I can't figure out how to modify my choices from my phone. Was there a change with the update?
No; the steps for Modifying remain the same.

From each individual FP (tap on one) you can Select Modify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter