FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need your help!! I have four days in Disney world in April. We can pick fast passes tomorrow. My plans were to do HS, Epcot, MK, then AK. I have ADRs everywhere and also at Olga's and Droid building. I realize slinky dog and smugglers run are both tier 1 and we can only get FP for one. I just looked at the touring plans website and it shows zero availability for FP for either on wed (60+1) but lots of availability on Saturday (60+4). We were supposed to be in AK Saturday. My question is, do you think it's worth the trouble to switch days (going to HS on Saturday and AK on wed)? I've checked the dining and that all can be swapped and there is still droid building availability but no Olga's. If I switch days I'd get fast passes but lose Olga's..............or keep current plan and just standby for Smugglers and SDD? I should mention we were in Disney last October and rode FOP 5 times so its not a total loss if we don't get a FP for that. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Not sure when in April you are heading, but personally I would leave HS on Wednesday. The potential for slightly less crowd exists. We went on the Thursday before MLK weekend, we had good luck getting on the rides without huge waits. We did RotR and Smugglers on Friday morning, but had knocked out everything else on Thursday and we didn't even arrive at the park until 2:00 pm. Keep in mind they WILL adjust the park hours. Right now HS is showing a 9:00 am park opening. When they adjusted Thursday 1/16/20, I was able to move my SDD FP to a better time and it opened up a lot of options for me to select from. So you should be able to pick up a SDD or Smugglers FP when they extend the hours. You just have to be on top of watching for the hours adjustment. Oga's is a CAN'T miss.

Not sure when in April you are heading, but personally I would leave HS on Wednesday. The potential for slightly less crowd exists. We went on the Thursday before MLK weekend, we had good luck getting on the rides without huge waits. We did RotR and Smugglers on Friday morning, but had knocked out everything else on Thursday and we didn't even arrive at the park until 2:00 pm. Keep in mind they WILL adjust the park hours. Right now HS is showing a 9:00 am park opening. When they adjusted Thursday 1/16/20, I was able to move my SDD FP to a better time and it opened up a lot of options for me to select from. So you should be able to pick up a SDD or Smugglers FP when they extend the hours. You just have to be on top of watching for the hours adjustment. Oga's is a CAN'T miss.
Great advice!!! Thank you so much!! I hadn't considered the opening times adjusted! I'll keep it like it is and check constantly for changes!

I need your help!! I have four days in Disney world in April. We can pick fast passes tomorrow. My plans were to do HS, Epcot, MK, then AK. I have ADRs everywhere and also at Olga's and Droid building. I realize slinky dog and smugglers run are both tier 1 and we can only get FP for one. I just looked at the touring plans website and it shows zero availability for FP for either on wed (60+1) but lots of availability on Saturday (60+4). We were supposed to be in AK Saturday. My question is, do you think it's worth the trouble to switch days (going to HS on Saturday and AK on wed)? I've checked the dining and that all can be swapped and there is still droid building availability but no Olga's. If I switch days I'd get fast passes but lose Olga's..............or keep current plan and just standby for Smugglers and SDD? I should mention we were in Disney last October and rode FOP 5 times so its not a total loss if we don't get a FP for that. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Just saw this posted by a blogger I follow!

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway FastPasses are NOW open for dates starting March 4.
This is coming in as a "Tier 1" attraction (along with Slinky Dog Dash and Smugglers Run). This is good news for families that want a Tier 1 with NO height restrictions.
(Looks like there's more availability for Slinky Dog Dash and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, too!)

MMRR FP’s are live! It is tier one as mentioned above. If you want MMRR or if you missed out on SDD or MFSR — people are shifting things around and times are opening up!!

While it may not be exactly everyone else's strategy going in - this chart I designed helped me out BIG time at 7am when the rush was on to fill in all of my fastpasses. Especially since I had upwards of 11 people I was planning for on different days in the park. I took this into battle with me and really nailed everything I wanted.

FastPass+Stategy.jpg

I would suggest putting something similar together for yourself with not only rides based on the parks and days but also the order in which you want to book them (the most difficult FP to get being the first).

An added bonus was throwing in our preferred time slots to avoid any reservation conflicts so I could quickly refer to it when making the FP.

I can say with certainty that if you are staying off-site (or have others in your party that are) and you have just one individual linked to your MDE account staying on-site, you inherit their 60-day window. You just have to have that person included in each FP you make. This was a bit of a mystery and I was wondering it if was really going to work. And even if you are staying off-site you can use your MDE account to make the FP. I chose to use the individuals account who is staying on-site to make them, because i wasnt sure if mine would have access right away.

The other thing I would make certain for large families or mixed groups who are planning together is to make sure everyone is accounted for in everyone else's planning party. We had some issues with double accounts in my party with multiple email addresses associated with them that we had to straighten out with a cast member phone call. If something doesn't seem right, give them a call because had I not done so I would've put all of this work in for nothing.

I have some other charts and lists that I can share in the future

Which one to FP I have smugglers run but should I switch to Mickey's railroad? We only have from about 3pm on on a Saturday in March.

They will both be sold out, really a matter of ride preference. On a Saturday everything with be busy, though I have noticed the wait times at Smugglers hasn't been astronomical like a Flight of Passage or even Slinky Dog. Im sure MMRR will be a long one to wait for - possibly even longer than MFSR

I'm in the same boat. Originally we could only get 4 out of our party of 6 on MFSR, but when MMRR opened up today I made it 3 and 3. At least our 2 kids will get to see both.

Which one to FP I have smugglers run but should I switch to Mickey's railroad? We only have from about 3pm on on a Saturday in March.

the wait time at Smugglers right now is 40 min and ive been looking at the past several days and it really hasnt been nuts. On a Saturday though, i really cant speak to that. The new rides are always the hottest. Since you are going in March and MMRR opens in March im sure that will be one of the toughest rides to get a FP for... but im a rookie, maybe someone else can speak to that a little better.

the wait time at Smugglers right now is 40 min and ive been looking at the past several days and it really hasnt been nuts. On a Saturday though, i really cant speak to that. The new rides are always the hottest. Since you are going in March and MMRR opens in March im sure that will be one of the toughest rides to get a FP for... but im a rookie, maybe someone else can speak to that a little better.
I was able to get the same time for Mickey's Railway so I swapped it. I am guessing that Smugglers run will be slightly less busy to SB than the brand new ride. Crossing fingers. We can ride Mickey at 7 and then just get in line for Smugglers run and wait until park closes.

I have a coupe FP+ related questions.

I’m wondering... I know when booking FP+ selections ahead of time, you must book all three at the SAME park and then the 4th can be made at a different park if park hopping day-of. However, is it possible to only pick ONE selection at the first park in advance to assure you have the FP+ pick and then after you spend that same pass on the day-of, you can immediately make your second pass at a different park? How about the third one... will it allow you to schedule those two at the same time or would the 2nd and 3rd pass have to be done one after the other gets spent when doing day of?

Finally, I’m just curious about party sizes and modifying. I currently have 3 guests to my FP+ booking on a particular day of my trip... however, we have some guests with us that (while they currently do not plan to be with us at the park we are at on that day) may or may not opt to swap out with another guest instead, should one of the guests currently on the FP+ booking not feel well or just decide to stay back at the hotel or go someplace else. Is there a way to modify the other guests on at FP+ booking without having to cancel and rebook? Or is there no way to swap profiles in and out?? I know there is an “add guests” button that you can attempt to add some more party members on if there is availability but I want to know if I can just switch out guests for other guests. Any advice on this situation?

I’m wondering... I know when booking FP+ selections ahead of time, you must book all three at the SAME park and then the 4th can be made at a different park if park hopping day-of. However, is it possible to only pick ONE selection at the first park in advance to assure you have the FP+ pick and then after you spend that same pass on the day-of, you can immediately make your second pass at a different park? How about the third one... will it allow you to schedule those two at the same time or would the 2nd and 3rd pass have to be done one after the other gets spent when doing day of?

Finally, I’m just curious about party sizes and modifying. I currently have 3 guests to my FP+ booking on a particular day of my trip... however, we have some guests with us that (while they currently do not plan to be with us at the park we are at on that day) may or may not opt to swap out with another guest instead, should one of the guests currently on the FP+ booking not feel well or just decide to stay back at the hotel or go someplace else. Is there a way to modify the other guests on at FP+ booking without having to cancel and rebook? Or is there no way to swap profiles in and out?? I know there is an “add guests” button that you can attempt to add some more party members on if there is availability but I want to know if I can just switch out guests for other guests. Any advice on this situation?

Yes, you can make a single FP at the first park and once you scan in on the ride you can make 2 more at a different park and hop. But you can't make all three ahead of time in multiple parks, only the first one at the first park you intend to go to.

I've dealt with the second part of your question pretty recently. We have a large party of people (5) coming later in the week to add to our party of 6 and we also have some of us staying on and off-site and inheriting the on-site 60 day window. Assuming that all of the people within your party are within their 60 or 30 day booking window, you should be able to modify the individuals within any FP party individually. Meaning you can modify an existing FP selection and changing anyone in that FP out to a new FP.

However, things get complicated if they off-site guests are not in their 30-day window yet. If that is NOT the issue - the other issue is trying to 'switch' riders from one or your FP's to another FP you already have in your plans, which as far as I know cannot be done without the help of member services.

What you can do is modify a FP and try to switch the riders 'out' to a new FP of the ride you want to switch them into, but it's not to the exact FP party you already have in your plans. What you are doing here is trying to get lucky with whatever FP times are still available for the ride you want to switch them to. If that FP is sold out or the same or similar times slots are not available, you are out of luck.

For instance; you have 3 people on Splash Mountain at 11am-12pm window. You have another FP with 3 people on Haunted Mansion in the same time frame. Someone on Splash Mountain decides to opt for Haunted Mansion instead. You go to your SM FP and modify it, taking that individual out of the party and try to move them to an open time on Haunted Mansion. You're in luck if Haunted Mansion has any single FP available from 11-12 so they can all ride together. Even if you can land a FP at 11:55, all 4 riders can get there at that time and ride together.

Or if you read the OP, you can just swap magic bands if two riders want to switch:

- While technically nontransferable, in practice MagicBands (or tickets) can be swapped with others in your party to use their FPs (assuming everyone is together inside the park). Castmembers (CMs) do not care if 47yo Mike enters a FP queue with 15yo Sue's MagicBand.

The part about everyone being together inside the park is important.

Last edited:

For park hopping, you could make 1 FP and then make more after tapping that one as mentioned. You also could make 2 FP's and once you tap the first FP you could make your third in a different park even though you still have a second FP yet to use. Or you could make 1 FP, once you tap it you could then add a 2nd in park 2 and a third in park 3.

Fastpass+ day of/additional fastpass question:

First time experiencing this...but there will be 6 of us going in April and one member of the traveling party is pregnant. On our Hollywood Studio's day...there aren't a lot of options for Fastpass+ options for rides for someone who is pregnant. The rest of the group currently has Tower of Terror separate of the pregnant lady, and then Toy Story Mania and Mickey/Minnies Runaway Railway with them.

My question is - will the rest of the group be able to book extra fast passes (after we use our 3rd at 12:30), if the one person in the group does not use all 3 of their original fastpasses? Typically we all ride or do the same shows, so this is unique for us, and not sure the answer.

Fastpass+ day of/additional fastpass question:

First time experiencing this...but there will be 6 of us going in April and one member of the traveling party is pregnant. On our Hollywood Studio's day...there aren't a lot of options for Fastpass+ options for rides for someone who is pregnant. The rest of the group currently has Tower of Terror separate of the pregnant lady, and then Toy Story Mania and Mickey/Minnies Runaway Railway with them.

My question is - will the rest of the group be able to book extra fast passes (after we use our 3rd at 12:30), if the one person in the group does not use all 3 of their original fastpasses? Typically we all ride or do the same shows, so this is unique for us, and not sure the answer.
Yes, FP's are tied to individuals not groups so those who have used their 3 could add more. I would either have the person who isn't riding ToT tap their FP anyways (even though they won't use it) or use a different tier 2 at the same time in order to get them through their FP's and allow more tier 1 to possibly be added. If the plan is to do another tier 2 as a 4th FP then it really doesn't matter.

Yes, FP's are tied to individuals not groups so those who have used their 3 could add more. I would either have the person who isn't riding ToT tap their FP anyways (even though they won't use it) or use a different tier 2 at the same time in order to get them through their FP's and allow more tier 1 to possibly be added. If the plan is to do another tier 2 as a 4th FP then it really doesn't matter.

just to clarify - the rest of us wouldn't be able to add another Tier 1 FP if they don't tap in for their 3rd ride? But we could get additional Tier 2's?

just to clarify - the rest of us wouldn't be able to add another Tier 1 FP if they don't tap in for their 3rd ride? But we could get additional Tier 2's?
No, only the person who has not tapped could not get an additional tier 1...everyone else could.

Smugglers and SDD will both be insane without FP EXCEPT..
If you get there super early to do 1 at rope drop, and then do the other 1 last thing at night.
If you follow that strategy.. (probably meaning arrival 7am or earlier, and going until the very end of the night), then you can probably do SDD and Smuggler's with under 30 minute wait for each.

Also though, if your party is small.. just keep refreshing FPs from now till April. Check in from time to time, check even the same day. FP's do open up as people change plans.
I suspect that there are probably lots of FPs opening up TODAY and YESTERDAY as some people switch their Tier 1 FPs to Runaway train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter