Fastpass Limit Reached Question

The VWL Five

Disney Nut
OK well I think I messed myself up. Staying 3 nights offsite then 7 nights onsite (10 consecutive nights). All AP holders.

The 60 window came for my offsite stay so not thinking I started from the end of the trip (onsite days) and worked backwards booking FP without issue. Came to the first few days and received 'Fastpass Limit Reached'. OK so sounds like I can only book 7 days on an AP. Ugh.

At this point any remedy for the first few days? Do I remove the last few days of FP then will it let me book the first few days? Then when the onsite site 60 day window arrives, rebook the end of the trip?

Any other work around here? If I leave as is I am not able to get FP for the first few days until we arrive?

Thx

You can book FP's at 60 days for your off site trip too since you're on site. The issue is your 7 onsite days count toward your 7 day allotment for AP users.

So the only way to get FP's for your first 3 days is to either add 3 days worth of tickets, or cancel your fps for your last 3 days and make them your first 3. Then when you're there after you use day 1's fps you can select your FP's for day 8. If you leave it as is you won't have FP's at all for your first 3 days.

They need to be able to someone have on site days not correlate with AP's 7 day allotment

We had a similar issue for my mothers AP when we booked our FPs. We are there 8 ticket days but added a couple of days before our dvc stay without her, due to scheduling issues with an athletic event down in FL for our kids. So we booked our FPs for all 8 days but it would only allow us to book her first 7 days until the 60 day window opened on the stay she is booked at. AT the 60 day point, it allowed me to add her to our FP plans without an issue. So I would unbook the last days since they will be easier to get in a couple of days when that 60 opens and book your beginning days now...

We had a similar issue for my mothers AP when we booked our FPs. We are there 8 ticket days but added a couple of days before our dvc stay without her, due to scheduling issues with an athletic event down in FL for our kids. So we booked our FPs for all 8 days but it would only allow us to book her first 7 days until the 60 day window opened on the stay she is booked at. AT the 60 day point, it allowed me to add her to our FP plans without an issue. So I would unbook the last days since they will be easier to get in a couple of days when that 60 opens and book your beginning days now...
The onsite/offsite isn’t the problem in this instance, it is the max number of days you can book with an AP.

You can book 7 days of FPs with an AP, or if you are onsite then you can book for your length of stay. Problem is the onsite days will count towards the 7 days, so as PP said, the OP would be stuck with no FPs for the remaining 3 days. If they had booked the entire stay onsite it wouldn’t have been an issue.

Best recommendation: get extra tickets to cover those remaining 3 days. Then eventually use those tickets to put towards your AP renewal.

So if I cancel any two days at the back end then I can add the first two days on the front end? Still equaling 7 days? Then when 60-day opens for on-site reservation I can add the back and two days?

At this point any remedy for the first few days? Do I remove the last few days of FP then will it let me book the first few days?
You can add on a ticket just to use to add FPs as @Lesley Wake explained.

Or, you can Cancel FPs for 2 non-priority days of your onsite stay and book for those 2 offsite parks.

As soon as you use a day of FPs, then book a day of your remaining onsite park days.

So if I cancel any two days at the back end then I can add the first two days on the front end? Still equaling 7 days? Then when 60-day opens for on-site reservation I can add the back and two days?
No, the 60 day also isn’t a factor. You wouldn’t be able to book the remaining 2 days until you have used up 2 days. You can only have 7 days total of FPs booked.

To have all your trip days booked with FP's you would either need to add separate tickets to your account to cover the days or book another on site stay to cover the remaining days instead of staying offsite.

As of right now you can only have 7 days worth of FP's. Doesn't matter which 7 out of your 10 day trip.

If you were on site for 10 days you could have 10 days of FP's. If you were on site for 4 days and off site for 3 days you could have 7 days of FP's.

So you either need to:
A) add tickets to book your remaining days FP's
B) change your offsite stay to on site stay
C) Leave everything as is but you won't have FP's for your first 3 days
D) cancel 3 days worth of FP's you already have and use those days allotment to book FP's for your first 3 days. Then when you are there and use day 1 FP's, you can add fps to day 8

No I'm not going to buy extra tickets. I just want to find out can I delete the fast pass from the last day and say the fifth day and add the first two days. Then when the on-site 60-day arrives book the missing two days?

I understand that there needs to some kind of a limit set - but limiting AP holders to only 7 days seems too small. We have a couple of onsite stays planned and are able to book fp for those days, but that means that we are not allowed to book any FP at all for any day trips we want to take unless we give up FP for one of our onsite days. Its pretty frustrating, because no way am I going to the parks these days without being able to use FP, just seems to penalize AP holders for visiting too much.

No I'm not going to buy extra tickets.

1) I just want to find out can I delete the fast pass from the last day and say the fifth day and add the first two days.

2)Then when the on-site 60-day arrives book the missing two days?

1) yes you can do that
2) didn't you already book 7 days worth including some (or all) of your onsite stay? Your 60 day FP window is already opened if you booked for your offsite stay a couple days prior to your on site. You can book any 7 days you want for your trip.

I understand that there needs to some kind of a limit set - but limiting AP holders to only 7 days seems too small. We have a couple of onsite stays planned and are able to book fp for those days, but that means that we are not allowed to book any FP at all for any day trips we want to take unless we give up FP for one of our onsite days. Its pretty frustrating, because no way am I going to the parks these days without being able to use FP, just seems to penalize AP holders for visiting too much.

I think 7 days is plenty. I'm a Florida AP and we never book more than 4 days worth of FP's. 7 days worth in a 30 day period I think is enough.

They just need to make it where your on site stay doesn't play into your 7 day allotment. If I want to stay for 7 days on site in July then I should be able to book for all 7 days at my 60 day mark. Then if I decide I want to take a 2 day trip in June, I should be able to book 2 days worth of FP's. But with the current system I wouldn't be able to unless I was on site

For example we are staying on site June 30 to July 7th. I can book that on May 1st. But we are staying off site on the 27th through the 30th. That opened up yesterday and I was able to start with July 7th working backwards. Did not expect that. Sounds like even if I delete July 6 and 7 and add June 28th and 29 I will not be able to add July 6 and 7 until we arrive on site. Do I have that correct? Hence only allowing 7 days

I think 7 days is plenty. I'm a Florida AP and we never book more than 4 days worth of FP's. 7 days worth in a 30 day period I think is enough.

They just need to make it where your on site stay doesn't play into your 7 day allotment. If I want to stay for 7 days on site in July then I should be able to book for all 7 days at my 60 day mark. Then if I decide I want to take a 2 day trip in June, I should be able to book 2 days worth of FP's. But with the current system I wouldn't be able to unless I was on site

Well that's kind of my point I guess. I don't take more than 7 single day trips in a 30 day period, but as soon as we add in a few onsite stays (like over the summer) I end up having 7 days always booked for onsite stays and then I'm never able to book any day off trips. It's semantics - either let us book more than 7 at a time, or don't count the onsite stays into our 30 day running total, but either way this limit is having a pretty negative affect on our Disney plans this summer.

We just had almost the same situation. AP holders.

1 night onsite. 7 night cruise on the fantasy. 6 nights onsite.

We were only allowed to make 7 days of fastpasses, even though we have 8 park days.

Called Disney IT. They said because our onsite stays are separated by the cruise, we can only have 7 days of fast passes in total.

Seems like we are being penalized for stayin onsite our first night precruise.

Try it. Let us know if you got the rest of your FP's when your onsite 60 day opens.

Last year I stayed 18 days, all onsite. I could book 14 days worth, AP, then added each day by getting up at 4am(Seattle) the next 4 days! Really wanted FoP.

We were only allowed to make 7 days of fastpasses, even though we have 8 park days.

Called Disney IT. They said because our onsite stays are separated by the cruise, we can only have 7 days of fast passes in total.

Am I right, then, in assuming that the 7 days do not have to be consecutive? We have a similar situation coming up with 3 nights onsite, 7 night cruise and then 1 night onsite. If I'm understanding correctly, we should be fine with our APs because the total park days is only 4. Is that correct?

Your cruise being in the middle doesnt matter.

You're an AP holder so you get 7 days worth of FP's, doesn't matter if it's broken up or consecutive. The CM you talked to gave you wrong info.

If you were on site for 2 nights, cruise, then on site for 6 days, you could've made FP's for 8 days. But since your on site stay is only 7 days total then that's your max FP allotment.

If your 8th day was at the end of your trip after your cruise then after your one day on site you could make FP's for Day 8. So after your cruise you have 7 days of FP's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter