Fastpass+ or Legacy Fastpass

which do you like best, Fastpass+ or Legacy Fastpass?

• Legacy Fastpass

• Fastpass+

• have no opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok- took another look and realized I read it wrong- at least the earth hasn't shifted- this is more the numbers I expected. lol

Sorry, but the world has shifted.

The KC Royals play their first World Series game in 20 years tonight! :cool1:

Hands down no contest for us Legacy was 10 times better for our family.
Not to mention we didn't wait in lines for HM, POTC, Figment, and many others.
Now every time we go these rides have much longer lines.

I can't answer because I like FP+ more than the latest iteration of Legacy FP, BUT I LOVED Legacy FP before they started enforcing the return window....

I am still grieving legacy FP. I will admit, I was a super user. It was from these boards I learned how to efficiently spend my time in the parks. Loved the freedom and flexibility. Loved not having ridiculous lines at things like HM and POC. I am a planner. Love planning Disney trips but for the first time I'm struggling with our May trip. ADR's at 180 days and trying to fit FP+ around them. I read here every day hoping somebody found a great strategy that I can follow. We were spoiled on our last trip a year ago. We used both legacy and FP+.

We have 4 children. Our two youngest are on the ASD (autism spectrum disorder). Our littlest is 4 and completely non verbal. FP+ is either going to work really well for them or because we will be locked into a time it could be very bad. All I can do is keep reading, planning and hoping things just keep getting better.

We really like FP+, but the old FP was even better for us. Not that it matters - FP- is gone forever.

I think the best would be a combination of both- FP+ for the real headliners (TSMM, SDMT, Saorin, RnR ..) and legacy for the tier 2. I also think the FP+ window or first start time should be 10 or at least an hour after park opening. Keep that stand by line moving. We were also super users- even last October we had 3 fast passes ( magic band, ticket and room key..:wave2: heehehehe)
I guess I feel like FP+ really has taken a huge amount of freedom from the way we would tour. ex- get a fp fro PP, then while waiting, ride IASW, watch Philharmagic, ride Teacups, then ride PP.

I can't answer because I like FP+ more than the latest iteration of Legacy FP, BUT I LOVED Legacy FP before they started enforcing the return window....

Same here. When they started enforcing the return times, it made it too inflexible. You were at the mercy of the return clock to fit it in with the rest of your plans.

Here now, my third trip with FP+ (counting the test last November), love it! I make mine at 10:00, 11:00 & 12:00, so that I can do standby before the first one. I was able to move things on the fly at AK today.

I don't have a smart phone so I cannot even carry my "scheduled" times with me or easily see alternate times, etc.

Also, as an annual visitor with no children, there are certain rides that I prefer to ride multiple times. FP+ doesn't give us much of an option to ride our favorite rides multiple times during a short trip.

I don't have a smart phone so I cannot even carry my "scheduled" times with me or easily see alternate times, etc.

Also, as an annual visitor with no children, there are certain rides that I prefer to ride multiple times. FP+ doesn't give us much of an option to ride our favorite rides multiple times during a short trip.

I rode Tower of Terror 4 times yesterday, only 1 was fastpass. 2 in the morning, 2 in the early evening. Standby was 20 to 30 minutes. I doubt I would have been able to pull 4 fastpasses under the old system. Also did TSM and RnR by fastpass (RnR because of the glitch last week, otherwise I would have done single rider).

Legacy all the way! We had a blast riding some popular rides in the morning and then doing what we wished picking up whatever fastpasses along the way. We never hoarded fastpasses either but just rode one after the other.

I vastly preferred fp +. I didn't like the old system, running across the parks etc. We rope drop and follow touring plans. I loved knowing what we would be doing once it got busy. Even with a few glitches I still liked it better

Definitely prefer FP+! Honestly, the legacy system was mostly worthless to us, as we hardly ever got a FP from that we ended up using. Totally not worth the effort to go running across the park, just so you could come all the way back there at a later time, which you had no control over. More often than not, the dictated time conflicted with something. So we rarely bothered. Much easier to have it all worked out in advance, and be in charge of our schedule!

There were definitely things I liked about fp+ on this last trip (actually riding TSM, for one...never bothered to put in the time or effort to wait for it or its fp before) and being able to somewhat schedule around naps/break time. Those were nice benefits.

But I have to go with legacy, just for numbers alone. We used to get so many in a day! (And despite the doubters, that didn't involve any running!! ;) ) I also felt more stress with time constrictions this way. Just constantly watching the schedule.. I know there was a limited return window with legacy fp, but knowing I could easily just get another one if I missed it, even if it was on the next day we went to that park, made it much less stressful.

I don't like FP+ as it is today, hopefully it's going to evolve into something better.

I liked the flexibility of picking what park I want to go to on the day - now i have to decide 60 days out what park I will be on what day

Everything if far too planned out and there is just so spontaneity at all

Legacy for me. I hate having to pick what park I will be in 60 days out.

I have a question - I've seen many people say they don't like to pick what park they'll be at 60 days out, but...if you use a crowd calendar, wouldn't you be doing that anyway? I'm not trying to be a smart***, it's a genuine question.

Best trips we ever had were under the old system without the return times being enforced. I'd pay an extra $100 per day to go back to that system.

I have a question - I've seen many people say they don't like to pick what park they'll be at 60 days out, but...if you use a crowd calendar, wouldn't you be doing that anyway? I'm not trying to be a smart***, it's a genuine question.

We use a crowd calendar, but never 60 days out. I'd usually plan a week or two before going and it could change on what the kids wanted to do. Plus, we'd always park hop in the evening to a park we felt like going to, not planned 60 days earlier. Heck, we might not even end up in a park, maybe Downtown Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter