• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass return or replacement?

Disney is giving guests staying at deluxe resorts a few hours a week extra hours. I'd be surprised if those guests will also be getting 3 FPs a day.
Which I think is meaningless/pointless to many deluxe guests. Offer an incentive of a few free fp’s for deluxe and watch people who normally book moderate, decide to try for deluxe. Disney could keep the expensive rooms solidly booked all the time.

Have you been on your trip yet? if so, how was it?

Yes, we got home Tuesday night. Grandson got sick towards the end of our trip, not covid thank goodness and seeing the Dr today. It was better than I had expected, but there were so many things missing and it was so crowded and the lines were terribly long. QS food was generally bad and repetitive. We seriously missed housekeeping too! Parks were surprisingly clean, CM's mostly seemed tired and stressed, but friendly and helpful- clearly they're trying their best. There was nothing I hadn't anticipated though. It was more stressful than I expected it to be so we'll wait to visit again until things are more back to normal and they've done something in regards to FP. We had some guest recovery fp's that really saved us and made a huge difference in our experience. Without those, we wouldn't have ridden any of the headliners- lines were just too long to be standing out in that heat!

But considering how bad it could've been, I'm satisfied with the experience. I just don't want that experience again if that makes any sense at all. lol

Yes, we got home Tuesday night. Grandson got sick towards the end of our trip, not covid thank goodness and seeing the Dr today. It was better than I had expected, but there were so many things missing and it was so crowded and the lines were terribly long. QS food was generally bad and repetitive. We seriously missed housekeeping too! Parks were surprisingly clean, CM's mostly seemed tired and stressed, but friendly and helpful- clearly they're trying their best. There was nothing I hadn't anticipated though. It was more stressful than I expected it to be so we'll wait to visit again until things are more back to normal and they've done something in regards to FP. We had some guest recovery fp's that really saved us and made a huge difference in our experience. Without those, we wouldn't have ridden any of the headliners- lines were just too long to be standing out in that heat!

But considering how bad it could've been, I'm satisfied with the experience. I just don't want that experience again if that makes any sense at all. lol
sounds like our trip.

i hope your grandson gets to feeling better.

I've been casually cruising the forums this morning looking for an update on him - glad to hear it's not C19! Hope he feels better soon :)

these things are easy if you're just paying for one person, but if you're taking a family to disney, they arent easy anymore.

From everything i'm seeing and hearing, families, are no longer Disney's target audience.

Bob Chapek's Disney....

Yep...Chiming in again with some Math based off of the $113/per day estimate...

Family of 5...3 Disney Adults, 2 Disney kids, 6 nights/7 park days...

For 7 Day tickets with Park Hopper that's $3,466. Add the new Fast Pass option each day for $113/person = $565/day. That's

$3,466 for 7 Day Tickets + Hopper
+
$3,955 to have Fast Passes each day

$7,421 to go to the Parks and ride rides without long lines before Hotel, Food, Air Fare, Souvenirs, extras of any kind...

Add in:
$1,700 Meals and Snacks
$2,300 On-Property Moderate
$169 Memory Maker
$1,500 Air Fare
$500 Souvenirs/Other

That's at least $13,590 for just a Moderate Stay for a week and a few Table Service meals and bunch of Quick Service meals. And I'm being conservative - like not even adding in transportation now that Magic Express will be gone, cocktails, or any other "extras" like after hours events or BBB.

I mean isn't this an INSANE amount for not a particularly luxurious or indulgent experience?

Same stay, at Beach Club, with more Table Service meals, and you're looking at least $17,500 for a 6 night/7 day stay.

What's going ON here? Surely this CAN'T be where this is going for families?

For 7 Day tickets with Park Hopper that's $3,466. Add the new Fast Pass option each day for $113/person = $565/day. That's

+

$7,421 to go to the Parks and ride rides without long lines before Hotel, Food, Air Fare, Souvenirs, extras of any kind...

Add in:
$1,700 Meals and Snacks
$169 Memory Maker
$1,500 Air Fare
$500 Souvenirs/Other

That's at least $13,590 for just a Moderate Stay for a week and a few Table Service meals and bunch of Quick Service meals. And I'm being conservative - like not even adding in transportation now that Magic Express will be gone, cocktails, or any other "extras" like after hours events or BBB.

I mean isn't this an INSANE amount for not a particularly luxurious or indulgent experience?

Same stay, at Beach Club, with more Table Service meals, and you're looking at least $17,500 for a 6 night/7 day stay.

Meanwhile, you could go to Universal, stay at one of their top 3 hotels, get the Express Pass and pay considerably less money.

+

Add in:
$1,700 Meals and Snacks
$169 Memory Maker
$1,500 Air Fare
$500 Souvenirs/Other

Can I object, how many families want to ride these 8 rides each day in a 7 day vacation?

+

Add in:
$1,700 Meals and Snacks
$169 Memory Maker
$1,500 Air Fare
$500 Souvenirs/Other

And i know this is hypothetical, but on a 7 day vacation people go to the parks every single day? especially in this hypothetical where you would pay for fast passes every single day?
we have a sat-sat booked and are doing 5 day hoppers. we got mod hotel for a family of 4 with tix for $4800 and could've spent less at Pop or ASMu if we wanted

i'm definitely not excited about paid fastpasses, but from what we are gathering you don't HAVE to pay for every ride, and due to the amount of rides that WDW has vs. DLP, you could add one or two rides a day if that, if it is a priority to you.

If i can GUARANTEE a short wait on FoP and not have to be out of my hotel at 6 am to RD to get it? i'm game. I'll spend the other time of my day going to EE, KS, Dino while everyone is in line for FoP
if it's too expensive i will continue to ropedrop FoP and save that $$

I know we are nitpicking over both your play scenario and what prices are going to be for what rides, but you could theoretically pay to FP one or two rides a day for headliners and reduce the amount of days at parks you would need (for you it would go from maybe 7 days of hoppers down to lets say 5 days) and still accomplish what you need to accomplish for probably a similar price.

+

Add in:
$1,700 Meals and Snacks
$169 Memory Maker
$1,500 Air Fare
$500 Souvenirs/Other

IF this is the direction it’s going, our family of 4 would only go 4 days and no park hopper. That estimate makes me sick tbh.

Meanwhile, you could go to Universal, stay at one of their top 3 hotels, get the Express Pass and pay considerably less money.

I could stay in a Family Suite at a Caribbean All-Inclusive for 6 nights/7 days for $6,000 including airfare. For the cost of 1 deluxe week at Disney I could do the Caribbean All Inclusive 3 times...

IF this is the direction it’s going, our family of 4 would only go 4 days and no park hopper. That estimate makes me sick tbh.
I never get Park Hopper, not worth the time (to switch parks) and extra money imo. Now, I'll park hop with an Annual Pass, but I won't pay extra for it.

And i know this is hypothetical, but on a 7 day vacation people go to the parks every single day? especially in this hypothetical where you would pay for fast passes every single day?
we have a sat-sat booked and are doing 5 day hoppers. we got mod hotel for a family of 4 with tix for $4800 and could've spent less at Pop or ASMu if we wanted

i'm definitely not excited about paid fastpasses, but from what we are gathering you don't HAVE to pay for every ride, and due to the amount of rides that WDW has vs. DLP, you could add one or two rides a day if that, if it is a priority to you.

If i can GUARANTEE a short wait on FoP and not have to be out of my hotel at 6 am to RD to get it? i'm game. I'll spend the other time of my day going to EE, KS, Dino while everyone is in line for FoP
if it's too expensive i will continue to ropedrop FoP and save that $$

I know we are nitpicking over both your play scenario and what prices are going to be for what rides, but you could theoretically pay to FP one or two rides a day for headliners and reduce the amount of days at parks you would need (for you it would go from maybe 7 days of hoppers down to lets say 5 days) and still accomplish what you need to accomplish for probably a similar price.

True...but, we're so crazy busy during the year that I don't like to be touring too intensely - we tend to approach it with 7 days at the park (including departure & arrival), but take our time with meals, shows, shopping, characters, BBB, some pool breaks, etc. To keep it feeling relaxed when we are in the parks, I would want 3-4 Fast Pass length waits for the headliners each day like we had in the past. I do get not everyone tours this way, however, this is what always made Disney feel different than Amusement Parks (which we also do a few of a year). For friends who were into beach resort vacations or sightseeing tours & would say "Ugh, Disney?! No way, NOT my idea of fun...," we'd always argue it was "different." I already felt like I was paying quite a premium for the Disney Theme Park experience to feel different than a standard Amusement Park. Now, possibly having to prioritize and only pay for 1-2 rides to Fast Pass and wait in long lines for everything else, is making it feel like other standard Amusement Parks which cost way less.

+

Add in:
$1,700 Meals and Snacks
$169 Memory Maker
$1,500 Air Fare
$500 Souvenirs/Other

not for my family. We wont be paying that.

+

Add in:
$1,700 Meals and Snacks
$169 Memory Maker
$1,500 Air Fare
$500 Souvenirs/Other

A time where it is nice to not have kids haha. My trips lately have been closer to about $2K, my trip a couple weeks ago was closer to 1500. My trip for the 50th will be closer to 2500, maybe a little more depending on how many souvenirs I get.

MY GOD. I just booked and my ROUND TRIP airfare is $220. Granted I am solo but I am near Canada in Michigan.
Yeah, just for "fun" I plugged my dates into WestJet for 2 adults and 3 children (no "youth" category) and it was a little over $3600CAD from Winnipeg to Orlando, so roughly $2900USD. Flying from Canada is much more expensive for a lot of reasons, and one big one is that airports here pay property tax. The base fares will be comparable to yours, but the taxes and fees will be 2/3 the ticket price.

"$1,500 Air Fare" for 5 ppl.
*cries in Canadian.
Hey we paid just under $1500 CDN for 5 tickets from Vancouver to Orlando in 2018! My tickets for 2022 are more, but I jumped on a decent seat sale recently just to lock in decent price, as I’m worried there will be a huge travel boom to the states this winter. If you look hard, you can find good deals to the US. Now flying within Canada is another story!

I due tend to go to one of the parks every day while at WDW, but I do not stay from rope drop to closing. I have been many times and tend to go for a few of the newer rides, perhaps eat something and than leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter