Fastpass return or replacement?

I tried looking at other weekends to see what the price would be, most of them were booked. I did see one that was $132 for ASMu, not bad at all to me, especially when you average it out.

Either way, I still stand by my main point, that other than holidays and right around the 50th, I don't find hotel rates to be substantially more than they used to be.
I find hotel rack rate prices went up substantially through all 3 levels 3 or 4 years ago when they started to price weekends and different days of the week higher changing the pricing structures. Some people found huge jumps in pricing depending on when they traditionally go.

Haha, yes, definitely more than 20+ years ago!
I got GF for $330/night a couple years ago with an AP discount, that was awesome! I was able to surprise my mom for our mother-daughter trip at her lifetime dream hotel that she otherwise never would've had the chance to stay in. I've paid rack rate for deluxe before and not regretted it, but those discounts can be really nice!
I had GF booked in March 2020 and of course covid canceled it. I can’t recall the number exactly number now, but it was a phenomenal rate!

I find hotel rack rate prices went up substantially through all 3 levels 3 or 4 years ago when they started to price weekends and different days of the week higher changing the pricing structures. Some people found huge jumps in pricing depending on when they traditionally go.
Yeah, they’ve definitely increased. I used to be able to get Contemporary in the high $200s with the AP rate but I haven’t seen that in a while. But overall I can usually get a nice deluxe room at a rate similar to what I’d pay at most Marriotts, which I’m fine with. Disney mug prices, on the other hand, are out of control 🤣🤣

I could get a room at an all star for $108/night for non-holiday weeks looking at a few random dates. I'd say that's a pretty darn good value. Seeing Pop for $130-150 on some dates, having the skyliner makes that also a dang good value IMO. Obviously holidays will be higher than that.
But most definitely not "extraordinarily" higher.

That's pretty impressive considering a middle of the week night in early June is $188 with tax.

Personally hoping WDW rolls out something similar to DLR MaxPass….or at a minimum, FastPass. Went last December, there was not a major ride wait under 70-80 minutes….Frozen was over 2 hours. If this type of wait is the norm, we’ll stick with DLR. Good grief!

Personally hoping WDW rolls out something similar to DLR MaxPass….or at a minimum, FastPass. Went last December, there was not a major ride wait under 70-80 minutes….Frozen was over 2 hours. If this type of wait is the norm, we’ll stick with DLR. Good grief!
You know DLR doesn't have anything right now either right? And waits haven't been bad at all the last few weeks (longest right now is 60). Even when I was there in July when things were a good bit more crowded, I never waited over 45 minutes, and even that only happened 2 or 3 times.

Nobody needs to stay onsite. Nobody needs to buy AH tickets. If I found offsite a better value I'd stay offsite. If I found AH tickets weren't a good value we'd decline, and sometimes we do just that and still have a fabulous trip. Next trip we're staying onsite and personally there is not anywhere offsite that provided a better value, not even close. We choose to go to WDW when we can find a good deal. We don't begrudge those choosing to visit Christmas to New Year. Good for them! Sounds like fun- and expensive.

The big question with Genie is will people need to buy LPs. Can we still have an awesome trip without? We don't know yet. There are always choices. A 1-day ticket is well over $100 but if you're AP or go down for the week with a multi-day ticket it's much less. We can buy a 2-day hopper and knock out plenty while saving a ton on food/room, or we can get cheaper tickets and spend more on room/food. WDW has always been about choices like whether to go or not, how much to spend on what, and which enhancements if any were worth the splurge. I expect this to be no different.

Worst case scenario is Genie self corrects. It's so horrible people stop going and that will remove the need to buy LP.
I could see that some people do "need" to stay onsite due to accessibility issues ("need" because obviously as an optional vacation, there's no true need).

Look, I get it. This change could completely change the way you prefer to experience the parks. It’s a potential threat to an experience that you enjoy.

Belittling and mislabeling the people for whom the current system isn’t working, and would like to see a change, is entirely unnecessary.

As someone who is restricted to the busiest times of year to go, there are real benefits to being able to pay for additional FP.

What I am willing to give up to pay for them is the length of the trip and the frequency of our visits.

I know that this is not the right solution for everyone but to write it off as all bad and based in greed is unfair to those for whom it is an improvement.

I agree all opinions should be delivered respectfully.

My family has been going to WDW for many years and we have seen many changes. We also go during the busiest times. Being knowledgeable on planning added significant value to our experience and we were able to obtain FPs for all the headliners multiple times during our trip. So for me, the potential of WDW charging for what I experienced for free is not going to make me jump for joy.

If this comes to pass (and it's hard to believe it's not), I'll put it in the same category as the hard ticket events. When less tickets were sold the events were very enjoyable, when more tickets were sold, experiences reduced, and the prices jumped, we no longer went.

It sounds like you are in agreement with Disney management's comments in that their target is not the loyal yearly, AP/resident guests, but the less frequent visitor. You are willing to pay more and visit less frequently if I'm reading you correctly.

As many have said, WDW got themselves into a mess with more guests, technology that wasn't embraced by everyone, and poor 1st time guest satisfaction. Add to that higher prices and diminishing experiences and they run the risk of pushing away their base.

It's a slippery slope for a business to be in this position and I hope they are able to find a balance.

Will i
Look, I get it. This change could completely change the way you prefer to experience the parks. It’s a potential threat to an experience that you enjoy.

Belittling and mislabeling the people for whom the current system isn’t working, and would like to see a change, is entirely unnecessary.

As someone who is restricted to the busiest times of year to go, there are real benefits to being able to pay for additional FP.

What I am willing to give up to pay for them is the length of the trip and the frequency of our visits.

I know that this is not the right solution for everyone but to write it off as all bad and based in greed is unfair to those for whom it is an improvement.
We don't know yet if it's an improvement.

I wish Disney would just drop the news on this already. Trip is rapidly approaching and I spend entirely too much time refreshing these forums and obsessing over my plans (which will surely change depending on what news gets released).
I hear you.

Regardless of what Disney does, short of the park closing again, we are going. I just want to know what that is going to look like so I can try and plan something enjoyable out. After this trip we'll decide whether or not we are a Disney family or if we need to start watching and reading more Dr. Seus and Harry Potter stuff.

what does everything think to If you will be able to pay for the fast passes in advance

I much rather pay in advance if I need to and better for budgeting. paying on the day and seeing loads of money leave my account for something that used to be free isn’t very magical

do you think you will be able to mybe purchase so many in advance 🤷‍♂️
I agree 💯.

I think it could behoove Disney to have some sort of "Genie Dollars" that could be purchased ahead of time and "loaded" onto your MDE account to be used for LPs as you see fit throughout your trip. Since it sounds like LPs (and other items) will cost different amounts, they can market this as a way to add "flexibility" to your trip -- "spend them your way!" etc.

For that matter, the availability of "Genie Dollars" could be a great way to upsell other products. You might see something like "Upgrade today to a Moderate resort, and get $100 Genie Dollars to use however you want to!" Or "Book today and get $100 free Genie Dollars!"

The benefit for Disney is that this could be a way for guests to feel like they are getting a great deal. (When really, they are only getting something that was previously free.) And once folks get a taste of skipping a few lines, there is a greater chance they will be willing to pay to skip a few more.

I have no knowledge that anything like this is in the works. I'm just thinking through how Disney could make the new system enticing to more people.

I agree 💯.

I think it could behoove Disney to have some sort of "Genie Dollars" that could be purchased ahead of time and "loaded" onto your MDE account to be used for LPs as you see fit throughout your trip. Since it sounds like LPs (and other items) will cost different amounts, they can market this as a way to add "flexibility" to your trip -- "spend them your way!" etc.

For that matter, the availability of "Genie Dollars" could be a great way to upsell other products. You might see something like "Upgrade today to a Moderate resort, and get $100 Genie Dollars to use however you want to!" Or "Book today and get $100 free Genie Dollars!"

The benefit for Disney is that this could be a way for guests to feel like they are getting a great deal. (When really, they are only getting something that was previously free.) And once folks get a taste of skipping a few lines, there is a greater chance they will be willing to pay to skip a few more.

I have no knowledge that anything like this is in the works. I'm just thinking through how Disney could make the new system enticing to more people.

that would be better. I just don’t like the thought of all that money leaving my account during my 16 day trip for something that used to be free

rather pay in advance to budget better and get over the shock of how much it’s costing rather than in the parks

I hear you.

Regardless of what Disney does, short of the park closing again, we are going. I just want to know what that is going to look like so I can try and plan something enjoyable out. After this trip we'll decide whether or not we are a Disney family or if we need to start watching and reading more Dr. Seus and Harry Potter stuff.
Same! Our next trip starts on Oct 6. I've seen people say this might roll out on Oct 1. Yikes! What was to be our most relaxing trip yet and now we might be part of the herd of Guinea Pigs!! At least we only have 2 park days! The rest all non-park WDW activities. So much less angst over what the announcement will bring compared to if we had planned our usual 8 park day trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter