• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass return or replacement?

1. Staying on site is not a huge plus unless you are shooting for LL$ for the tier one rides or want to get in the park 30 minutes early? No benefit staying on site for G+? No benefit for DVC/Deluxe guests announced.

It could be if Genie is not in use during EMH's if you're Deluxe or DVC. That's the question I'm waiting to hear about. We could easily get in mulitple rides and probably the paid rides as well in a couple of EMH's nights.

My major issue is I buy the $15 a day fast lane, and still might not be able to ride a ride i want as the time slot might not be available when I want to ride? I mean if I'm buying a fast land express pass it'd be nice to know it's actually going to work.
This was my first question, you pay the $15, what if everyone does the same and the LL is so popular, no times are available? I’m anxious to see this roll out and hear people’s experiences. With Universal, you don’t have to book a time, you just get in line and 95% of the time, you wait less than 10 minutes.

It could be if Genie is not in use during EMH's if you're Deluxe or DVC. That's the question I'm waiting to hear about. We could easily get in mulitple rides and probably the paid rides as well in a couple of EMH's nights.

But, but, but, during EMH will it still tell me where to get a Dole Whip? Cause I can tell it where to put it if it does ;)

This was my first question, you pay the $15, what if everyone does the same and the LL is so popular, no times are available? I’m anxious to see this roll out and hear people’s experiences. With Universal, you don’t have to book a time, you just get in line and 95% of the time, you wait less than 10 minutes.
I’ve said it several times on this thread, my hope is it works as efficiently as Universal. Obviously they are different animals and can’t operate the same, but I’d love something as efficient. Universal’s system is super fun to use. I’d like something at Disney that gives me that same feeling.

I was picturing worse, but I still don’t like it. I like to plan and now it seems like planning will be difficult if we don’t know what will be available.

I'm really curious about this too. Would definitely be a perk for guests with EMH.

I always wanted to go with my brothers family. We have been talking about doing it since before covid but they have 5 kids. We have 2. They definitely won’t do any of the added expenses so I think a trip with them is out for us.
Yeah that’s super frustrating. My sister has been saving for a few years already for herself and her daughter to go to WDW in 2023 to celebrate my niece’s high school graduation so our extended family was planning to go together then but honestly this sucks a lot of the fun out of it. My niece is already saying she wants to stick with us the entire time. Last time we all went together I was able to secure FPs for our entire group of 18 for all the big rides just by being diligent.

I’ve said it several times on this thread, my hope is it works as efficiently as Universal. Obviously they are different animals and can’t operate the same, but I’d love something as efficient. Universal’s system is super fun to use. I’d like something at Disney that gives me that same feeling.

Do you have to get up every day of your vacation at 7am at Universal to book attractions? I only stayed once at Royal Pacific and had the unlimited access.

I feel like the paid option for high-demand attractions will be one way to combat the fact that they would run out of passes early in the day. Classic supply-and-demand economics. Higher prices means lower demand.

As I recall, with the old paper FPs, the only attractions that regularly ran out were Toy Story Mania and occasionally Soarin. (Obviously, this was in the days before Pandora, Galaxy’s Edge, and Toy Story Land; the the situation would likely be different now,)

Do you have to get up every day of your vacation at 7am at Universal to book attractions? I only stayed once at Royal Pacific and had the unlimited access.
No, you don’t.

Im hopeful I won’t have to do that at Disney, either. And like I said, it won’t be the SAME experience, I’m just hoping it is equally enjoyable.

I may be missing something, how will you avoid it?
I think there’s a chance there will be enough supply that the times won’t fly out the window immediately. So you might still have good options at say 9am, meaning you won’t have to be up at 7am if you don’t want.

We won’t know until it starts.

I think there’s a chance there will be enough supply that the times won’t fly out the window immediately. So you might still have good options at say 9am, meaning you won’t have to be up at 7am if you don’t want.

Maybe, but are you going to risk it?

Ugh I am really hoping this goes live either Sept 13, or October 11.

if this goes live 10/1…. I mean Disney IT, new product, huge busy day, I can’t think about it

I hope you are right, but somehow I doubt it. Fans have become RABID - they swoop down on anything and everything that scratches their nerdly needs. The fact is that demand is outstripping supply overall, and what is why we are seeing programs like this and why Disney can monetize it. I do hope you are right and that this spreads things out and calms them down, but I just don't think it will.

Last edited:
Maybe, but are you going to risk it?
Well, as a loyal Dis follower, I’m confident I will know the answer long before I arrive 😉

My point being that just like we learned what time to be at the gates to ride FoP or SDD with little wait, we online will figure out what time to get on the app by to get the best G+ attractions. I have hope that time will be later than 7am, and I have hope we’ll know how to best navigate it.

I hope you are right, but somehow I doubt it. Fans have become RABID - they swoop down on anythign and everything that scratches their nerdly needs. The fact is that demand is outstripping supply overall, and what is why we are seeing programs like this and why Disney can monetize it. I do hope you are right and that this spreads things out and calms them down, but I just don't think it will.
A fair point, we will see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter