Fastpass return or replacement?

A quick semantics thing that has been bugging me:

"Lightning Lane" (or "LL") is the line bypass mechanism for ALL attractions included with Genie+. I have seen some folks, including the folks at BlogMickey, using "LL" only in reference to the high-demand paid attractions (like SDMT and RotR). I don't believe this is correct. The official Disney page lists "Lightning Lane" as the way guests will bypass rides at every attraction included in the G+ package, from It's a Small World to Living with the Land.

I like the idea of using "LL$" to denote the high-demand attractions that will require an extra fee.

I am sure over time our collective lexicon will work itself out. I'm just doing my part to move it along. :)

There are always going to be guests who will "pound the app" to get the next G+ reservation that is close in time. If we were to decide to purchase G+, I can envision doing the 30-minute early access for onsite (and select offsite) guests and making a beeline for a LL$ attraction. All the while, holding a G+ for an early attraction. Hitting that attraction and pounding the app for my next G+, wait in a short PQ (physical queue) or two until that second G+ and then grabbing another G+ after checking in at the second one. This was the same strategy for FP- without having to cross the park for the paper ticket, not knowing when that return time might be.

This is how I see myself using it too.

We have until November 2022 to see how this plays out and see the strategies folks are using. I will also be reading trip reports. I purposely booked far out to let Disney get everything out of their systems.

"Lightning Lane" (or "LL") is the line bypass mechanism for ALL attractions included with Genie+. I have seen some folks, including the folks at BlogMickey, using "LL" only in reference to the high-demand paid attractions (like SDMT and RotR). I don't believe this is correct. The official Disney page lists "Lightning Lane" as the way guests will bypass rides at every attraction included in the G+ package, from It's a Small World to Living with the Land.

I like the idea of using "LL$" to denote the high-demand attractions that will require an extra fee.

I am sure over time our collective lexicon will work itself out. I'm just doing my part to move it along. :)

The screen shots in the video show it listed as: Lightning Lane - Purchase and Lightning Lane - Included with Disney Genie+...... so I'm going to throw LLIWDG+ to counter the LL$. :earsboy:

Hmm, doing the count on the Mikey Blog, that's 39 rides for G+ and 8 rides for $LL. Maybe there is a chance that some parks only have one $LL like AK?

Noticed this, too! Should really be Genie, Genie+, Lightning Lane, Lightning Lane+!

Oh my gosh in recent years it got out of hand for me!! My last time in AK I spent hours that day refreshing to try and get our large party on FoP. I was over it!
I think it's too soon to speculate that this system won't involve refreshing for the Genie+ rides. We don't have enough info yet. Suppose you enter the park at 10 to ride Buzz, you want BTMR next and it doesn't pop up until 6 pm, what do you do? Can you select it and try to refresh for a better time, which most of us would do, or do you have to endure it and have 8 hours of doing standby?

I think it's too soon to speculate that this system won't involve refreshing for the Genie+ rides. We don't have enough info yet. Suppose you enter the park at 10 to ride Buzz, you want BTMR next and it doesn't pop up until 6 pm, what do you do? Can you select it and try to refresh for a better time, which most of us would do, or do you have to endure it and have 8 hours of doing standby?
i would hope, that what used to be the case with the old fast pass would happen. I believe when you got a paper fast pass in the morning for a ride later that afternoon or evening, if gave you the option to get another fast pass like 2 hours later, or something like that.

They would have to include some sort of option like that, otherwise there is going to be line at guest services. Its no longer free, so you cant just shrugs you shoulders and say "oh well", there are going to be certain expectations from guests that are paying for it now.

Anyone notice that the entire month of November on the Park Availability calendar is now green? Did they add capacity at the same time as the Genie announcement or was there a bunch of cancellations?

So I just watched an official promotional video on MaxPass that was created for when it was first introduced. The verbiage used is more less the exact same as the verbiage used for Genie+ announcement in terms of scheduling 1 ride. What was not said in the MaxPass promotional video though wast that you could always book another pass after 90mins, yet we know that you could. The Genie+ announcement said nothing about this either, but I my hope that this feature will carry over. I mean you could that back in the day of paper tickets except it was 2 hours.

Anyone notice that the entire month of November on the Park Availability calendar is now green? Did they add capacity at the same time as the Genie announcement or was there a bunch of cancellations?

I don't think they had that many cancellations, MK and HS were both booked solid for Thanksgiving week. But, maybe? October 1-2 were green this morning, as well, but aren't now.

What happened to the fast pass machines that magically appeared in front of test track a few months ago?

yeah or u could pick another ride that does have a evening slot and then after 2 hours it should let u pick another one

well we are hoping there will be a time limit until u can pick another one anyway and not need to wait until the time of the ride if it is hours away

Can someone site the 2 hour rule? It goes against what Disney put in their own video which showed the system restricting a second pass until the first one was used.

Plus, I am sure WDW will not include this with their deluxe resorts like US currently does.

One interesting thing about it is that they could certainly create packages that include Genie+ or maybe even a paid LL attraction. They can use it as incentive during slower times like they did with free dining, and that may look attractive to on-site guests.

They weren’t all gone but I remember by 10 am tier 1 rides (space, splash) having a late return time. Say 5-6 pm. You then had to wait 2 hours, or until 5 pm, to get a new one. With this new system, you cant get another one until after you use the one you have. And they didn’t enforce return times back then.
I can tell you that the days when we slept in and arrived around noon, and when I did that stupid run around the park for FP-, I was greeted by a lot of kiosks that already were covered up. The most happiest day for us was when they got rid of that system and went to FP+. I would much rather pay for FP+ and be able to pick and choose and schedule my day, then this Genie crap where you will need to get up early and then it's next available time with no control of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter