FASTPASS+ Selection

wfdiaff

Mouseketeer
I am pretty sure this has been asked before but I cant seem to find it.
I need suggestions/help with what fastpass selections to make at the 60day mark, for each park. We have me, DW, DD11,DS8,DD6 looking at doing all rides and shows available just want the biggest bang for the buck. Also should note that we will be attending rope drops. Thanks in advance.:firefight

Here's what we booked for our April 8-12 trip (DD9 & DS6):

EPCOT- Turtle Talk with Crush, Mission Space, and Test Track
AK- Safaris, Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest
MK Day 1- Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain
MK Day 2- Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear
HS- Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours

We're not concerned about using fastpasses for character meet and greets. Also, we're doing rope drop every day so that we can ride the headliners more than once, plus the headliners we couldn't book because of tiers at EPCOT and HS. We also booked our fastpass times for the afternoon/evening. Hope this helps!

Our FP selections for our May vacation is this...

Day 1 EP-Soarin, turtle talk with crush (why is there FP for this?), mission space
Day 2 HS-TSM, Great Movie Ride (we've never done this), ToT
Day 3 MK-Jungle Cruise, Splash mtn, BTMR
Day 4 AK-safari, kali, expedition everest
Day 5 MK-Space mtn, tea cups, tales with belle

We did ours with the rides fairly close together, so it'll be easier. We wanted RnR, but unfortunately it's in the same category as TSM, so we chose what we could do as a family and will just have to do riders swap with RnR. Star tours has never been a long wait every time we've gone...in fact we usually go on numerous times over and over again or throughout the day. MK we did what's usually a ridiculous wait...I would never normally get a FP for the tea cups but the wait is always super long, so we did that one. It's hard to decide at MK because there's so much there. Ahhhh...good luck!

Epcot I recommend TestTrack, Nemo ride, and Spaceship Earth. We did Soarin at rope drop and it wasn't bad for waits. Mission:Space did not have long waits at all when we were there, less than 20 minutes.

Magic Kingdom...you will definitely want a FP for Big Thunder Mountain/Splash Mountain/Mine Train if those things will be open and you like those rides. If you really want to see characters I'd want to get FP for those...those would be the only toss ups. The character waits in our experience were longer than the waits for many of the rides.

Animal Kingdom- Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. We went to the safari first thing at rope drop and waited maybe 10 minutes.

Hollywood Studios...Toy Story Mania, Rockin Rollercoaster/Tower of Terror. We didn't use any of our FP here for shows, I didn't see much of an advantage of using FP for them since they start at the same time no matter if you have a FP or not. Views were not bad even if you weren't front and center.

and FP selections for MK if you have a second day, definitely try to get Jungle Cruise and POTC if those interest you because those waits can get long. Peter Pan and the Little Mermaid rides can get long too. Just really depends on what rides are musts for you in MK

Here are ours for May 25-31. It’s me, dd, 11 when we go and ds, 4.

Note: we are in the under 40in set since my son is little and I’m the only adult, so we do not do any rides with height restrictions.

5/25 MK: Meet talking Mickey, Under the Sea, Enchanted Tales with Belle (will switch one of these out when MSEP comes up later)

5/26 DHS: Toy Story Mania, Disney Junior Live on Stage, Voyage of the Little Mermaid

5/27 MK: Winnie the Pooh, Meet the Princesses, Buzz Light-year Space Ranger Spin

5/28 AK: Kilamanjaro Safaris, Meet Disney Pals Outpost, Finding Nemo the Musical

5/29 Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Meet Mickey and Pals, The Seas with Nemo

5/30 choice day we may just do Downtown Disney so no selections

5/31 MK: Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets, Meet Anna and Elsa

First of all... let me share my disclaimer. We just got back from a great trip from 3/15-3/20 and we skipped AK. My kids are 8 & 4. I had FP arranged at 60 days, rearranged the week before we left and then we changed some the night before on the app while we were there. So... things can change. And we didn't use most of our FP. Also... we used advice I'd read saying to stay away from the park with EMH since it is the most crowded for the day.

Day #1: HW morning used Toy Story FP and did everything else without. Wasn't interested in ToT or RnR, but I'd get those above all else. Especially with an early arrival... just get to what you want to see early. But, Toy Story was already 40 mins by the time we got through the gates at rope drop.

Evening Day #1: Hopped to Epcot around 6 after dinner and rest at AoA. Without FP and skipped most of Illuminations, we rode everything I had FP for the next morning, so we rearranged for Day#2. Rode Soarin' with a 10 min wait!

Day #2: Epcot: FP for Test Track (best), and didn't use any others. I would do the Space one if you want that one and possibly Soarin if you want to fit that in.

Day #3: MK: focused on Fantasyland and entered 15 mins after rope drop. FP were used everytime today! We got Storytime with Belle, Dumbo and The little Mermaid ride. The only one we "needed" it for.... was storytime... cut the wait to 10 mins versus 50. The other's we did twice since there were short waits...10 min long. Rode most rides early when waits were 20 mins or less.

Day #4: MK: Got there 10 mins after rope drop, focused on Tomorrowland, FP Buzz but rode it with a 5 min wait without the FP and the kids didn't want to ride again with a 10 min/fp wait. FP for Space Mountain which saved us 15-20 mins. FP Speedway which we did without the FP... wait was 10 mins.

Day #5: few hours before departure... got FP for Toy Story at HS and used that.

This was spring break time... the parks got very crowded, especially the MK by around 11am and we tried to get the "must-do's" done and other ones we saw short times for asap. We used Disney's app and Undercover Tourist's app and also Touring Plans app to help us maneuver. (Like a surprise 15 minute wait for Pirates) Know that you can report anytime in that hour window of your FP to use it, so we often rode others that were really short on our way there.

Good luck.

Wow such great info. It is hard to plan the fast pass in advance. Last time I was at Disney you could get fastpass the day you were at the park and at the particular ride and could only have one FP at a time. We would get a FP more the more popular ride in an area and then do the other rides as we waited for our FP time to come. I just don't want to be bouncing from one side of park to the other for FP+s. We are going to be there for 6 full days and a portion of another. I am sure we will get to see and do everything we want. Right now I am feeling like "curse you" FP+. :firefight

Subscribing as I am getting my touring plan together.

I just posted this in another thread but will ask it here:
If we have a 800 AM ADR for H&V on a non-EMH day, do you think it will be okay to rush over to TSMM and not have a long wait since we will not have FP+? We will be using our FP for MK later in the day because DS is only interested in one ride at HS so no point in booking others just for the heck of it.

We are coming up on our mark to set our FP as well. Thanks for all the great information I was feeling a little lost on what to choose.

I loved, loved, loved MSEP FP. Did it last night. So much space and primo location. Felt like a rockstar. Still got there about 45 min early, but those around us had been camped out much longer. Did I mention how uncrowded it was??

Wishes was not a great FP due to location, even though the space was nice. Would not use it again.

I loved, loved, loved MSEP FP. Did it last night. So much space and primo location. Felt like a rockstar. Still got there about 45 min early, but those around us had been camped out much longer. Did I mention how uncrowded it was??

Wishes was not a great FP due to location, even though the space was nice. Would not use it again.

I had a spot in the street after the FP area for the MSEP... and so I talked to the cast members way ahead of time.... the hint they gave me was that it was a great parade view, but for wishes.... they recommended moving anywhere behind the statue of Walt and Mickey in the middle of the hub. We moved back and could see it all.

We actually managed a bench, facing the castle, on the castle side of the Mickey/Walt statue and that was a fabulous view for Wishes! Partly because my favorite part of Wishes is the castle projection show I am sure ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter