• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass Waits Are Much Longer Than Trips Pass

Our experience with FP last week was very much hit or miss. It took us just about an hour from the time we entered the FP line on TT until we actually got off the ride-back ups at every stage made for a long wait. One FP for FoP was fairly quick (about 13 minutes from the tap style to the pre-preshow), but our second FoP FP took much longer. TSMM was long, but Space and Big Thunder were less than 15 minutes each.

It did seem that many people had anytime FP to use for rides like TT and Soarin, which I'm sure is part of the issue.

Our experience with FP last week was very much hit or miss. It took us just about an hour from the time we entered the FP line on TT until we actually got off the ride-back ups at every stage made for a long wait. One FP for FoP was fairly quick (about 13 minutes from the tap style to the pre-preshow), but our second FoP FP took much longer. TSMM was long, but Space and Big Thunder were less than 15 minutes each.

It did seem that many people had anytime FP to use for rides like TT and Soarin, which I'm sure is part of the issue.
An hour is a ridiculous amount of time to have to wait. I would be very upset if I had a FP and still waited an hour. That just doesn't fit into my schedule for the day. I agree with you about the anytime FPs. It seems like they plan for a certain number of FP before the day arrives and then anytime someone gives out anytime FP it changes that whole planning process.

Just got back from 5 days and have to disagree. I actually thought for the majority of rides the FP seemed quicker than in the past. That being said, there were times where the FP entrance was backed up out the door but almost always that backup was for scanners and you zoomed through the line once you got it. I was actually shocked how quick we got through FoP on FP, I was actually expecting that one to be 30 minutes but usually in the first preshow area 5-10 minutes after entering.

Just got back from 5 days and have to disagree. I actually thought for the majority of rides the FP seemed quicker than in the past. That being said, there were times where the FP entrance was backed up out the door but almost always that backup was for scanners and you zoomed through the line once you got it. I was actually shocked how quick we got through FoP on FP, I was actually expecting that one to be 30 minutes but usually in the first preshow area 5-10 minutes after entering.
I know when we went to MK in March we noticed the Space Mountain FP line seemed ridiculously long. We didn't have a FP for it, but that made us turn away pretty fast. It almost makes me wonder though because the line was backed up behind the scanners like you said. So maybe people are just slow at scanning their bands.

I know when we went to MK in March we noticed the Space Mountain FP line seemed ridiculously long. We didn't have a FP for it, but that made us turn away pretty fast. It almost makes me wonder though because the line was backed up behind the scanners like you said. So maybe people are just slow at scanning their bands.

At Space Mountain, if you see FP out the door it's pretty much ALWAYS at the scanners (or a broken down ride). The walkway into that ride is very long - you're not going to see an actual line the entire length of the queue.

Mid Oct. trip and ours was hit or miss. Kali was the longest at 45 mins. in FP. Spaceship Earth was 30 minutes due to ride constantly breaking down. Land was 25 minutes. BTMRR, TSM, Space, Safaris, ToT, Jungle, and Star Tours was 15 mins. Peter Pan and FoP was 10 mins. Mine Train and Frozen were just about walk on.

Here now. No major fast pass delays. Mk was really busy Monday, but we got buzz, pirates, haunted Mansion, small world, and under the sea done by 4pm. That included a harmony baber shop stop, and lunch.

At Space Mountain, if you see FP out the door it's pretty much ALWAYS at the scanners (or a broken down ride). The walkway into that ride is very long - you're not going to see an actual line the entire length of the queue.
Haha if the line went through that whole que it would mean the end of the world

An hour is a ridiculous amount of time to have to wait. I would be very upset if I had a FP and still waited an hour. That just doesn't fit into my schedule for the day. I agree with you about the anytime FPs. It seems like they plan for a certain number of FP before the day arrives and then anytime someone gives out anytime FP it changes that whole planning process.

The PP didn't wait an hour in the FP queue - they stated it took an hour from start to finish, as in entering the FP queue, doing the preshow, loading, riding, exiting.

Maybe WDW isn't for you if things have to fit into your schedule for the day or you get upset? There's so much that can go wrong at WDW that anyone trying to stick to a schedule is most likely going to fail.

The PP didn't wait an hour in the FP queue - they stated it took an hour from start to finish, as in entering the FP queue, doing the preshow, loading, riding, exiting.

Maybe WDW isn't for you if things have to fit into your schedule for the day or you get upset? There's so much that can go wrong at WDW that anyone trying to stick to a schedule is most likely going to fail.
I knew exactly what the PP was saying, but that is still a really long to wait for a ride with a FP, preshow or not. I've never had to wait that long EVER with a FP and I don't believe anyone should. I was simply saying that waiting an hour when you planned it to be much shorter wouldn't work in my schedule. I've waited two hours for 7DMT and an hour for many rides, but I didn't have a FP.

The SM FP line is deceiving from the outside. Once thru the tapstile it is common to walk for 3-5 minutes in the building to reach the back of the loading line.

Disney has put a lot more capacity into the FP+ pool than the 1/3 they started with when FP+ debuted. Rumor has it that 2/3 of capacity is now in the FP+ pool.

When my family visited in late August FP lines were much longer than normal. We use Touring Plans as a rough guide at allocating time, and even it was totally off on the wait times it predicted for our FP attractions.

We also saw Living With the Land at 40 minutes standby, something I don't think I have ever seen.

On our trip the week after Thanksgiving 2016, I saw the FP line for Living With the Land stretch all the way through the Sunshine Seasons table area all the way to the entrance on the side near Soarin! I was stunned to see that.

The FEA line was also out into the "main thoroughfare" going by Norway. It had been down several times that day for hours on end, so everyone was using their FPs.

We also had a long wait to use our FPs on Test Track.

The SM FP line is deceiving from the outside. Once thru the tapstile it is common to walk for 3-5 minutes in the building to reach the back of the loading line.
Yeah it's a pretty long walk through that building to get to the ride, but it's definitely worth it. DH and I usually get so excited with our FPs that we jog through the FP que.

I always go into it with the knowledge that FP+ does not equal to immediate loading on the ride, however, there were several instances this trip where the FP+ was so long that the standby line was grossly affected by it. One ride in particular is Haunted Mansion. In the past year I have come to realize that unless you rope drop or get an FP for this ride, riding it through the day is a nightmare and the FP lines have been longer than the standby line quite frequently. However, rides like SDMT I have come to accept that I will wait at least 10-15 minutes before I get on, and that is OK. For me however what kind of disgruntles me (and honestly, it really doesn't but if I need to give a grievance this is it), is that I've been to WDW the past three years in a row, and this year more than ever the FP line situation HAS gotten out of hand. I don't think I have waited an hour on any FP line, but it HAS almost doubled my wait times on some rides while on standby.

I did also see ALOT of paper FPs last week, and actually, when I checked in to AS Sports (I was early so I knew I would have to wait) it took a while for the lady at the front desk to find us a room, so for our wait she issued us three anytime FPs. Little did we know that when we looked at the MDE app, these FPs were good for ANYTHING (including SDMT and Space Mountain), so on top of our three FPs we had three more to use on anything. I felt that our hassle was so minimal to get such a great compensation, so now I wonder if maybe other people are being given a bunch of these as well and thats what is greatly affecting the FP lines as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter