Fastpasses Added for early January

disneygirlsng

DIS Veteran
I have a trip coming up for the first week of January. I'm staying offsite and have been able to start making FP the past couple days. No 7DMT yesterday, no FOP and barely any Navi today, as I expected. I've been refreshing quite a bit trying to snag what I can. Just went on and there have been tons opened up for those days (I'm looking at 12/31-1/3 specifically). Just about every single time slot for FOP, Navi, 7DMT, FEA, etc opened up. Just a heads up for people going that week that have been trying to get the hard-to-get FPs. Still lots there looking at it now!

Thank you so much for posting! I was able to move my FOP to a much better time slot.

I saw this for mid-January too. Hmm. I can't figure out how FoP can go from exactly 1 opening on the computer at 7am on my 60day+ morning to suddenly any time slot I want. There can really only be two choices: Either Disney didn't open everything up to begin with, or they just accidentally opened the flood gates with no control over how many people per time slot. I sure hope it was the first option...

I saw this for mid-January too. Hmm. I can't figure out how FoP can go from exactly 1 opening on the computer at 7am on my 60day+ morning to suddenly any time slot I want. There can really only be two choices: Either Disney didn't open everything up to begin with, or they just accidentally opened the flood gates with no control over how many people per time slot. I sure hope it was the first option...

Option 3 is that they reevaluated their FP allotment and added a finite number of additional slots. This option is a bit troubling as the FP line is already a pretty long wait.

I just checked my two AK days (1/30 and 2/2) and there are additional FPs there, but only in the afternoon.

Thank you for the post. I was also able to change my FOP fast pass in mid January from an early evening to the morning slot I originally wanted!

We are staying off-site 12/29-1/6 and I had resigned myself to the dreaded rope-drop dash for FoP. My husband suggested adding another AK day earlier in the week and on a whim (before seeing this post) I decided to check the FP situation for that day....more to check availability of Na'vi, Everest and the Safari really....rather than FoP. Much to my surprise there were FP's available that afternoon for our entire party of 5!!!! I've been online at 7 am every day checking for each day of the trip as they become available and NADA. I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!

Thanks! Was able to move my FoP and 7dmt fastpasses closer to the times I wanted!

Thanks for the tip! I was able to move FEA and 7DMT up into the mornings. Our evening times weren't horrible, but with a little one with ASD I was afraid a meltdown late in the day was more likely to make us miss them.

That’s interesting that they added FPs for attractions other than FoP. Have they done that before - adding FPs for older attractions?

This makes me kind of nervous. I woke up on my 60 day mark and I was in right at 7 AM and the best I could get was late afternoon. I check it once a day to see if an earlier one opened up but it has always been "sold out". Last night (at the 47 day mark), I logged on to check like I usually do and it was open for almost every time slot so I moved it down to lunchtime. Hopefully this isn't a glitch. I took screen shots of my FP schedule just in case. I'd love to know the reason they did this to put my mind at ease. Hopefully the answer is that they only release them in small blocks starting at 60 days because the other two answers would be a glitch or they are flooding the FP line. Neither one are good.

I noticed that everything was open for late December except 7DMT when I looked the other day but I just figured either I didn't quite know what I was looking at or that they added more for the 30 day people since it was a crowded time. I guess maybe that doesn't really make sense now that I think about it.

Just booked my week late January.
5 park days all booked.
FOP 2x, FEA and 7DMT = no problem and anytime/days I wanted.
I'm afraid FOP FP+ will be a tough one ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter