fastpasses again!

tallym

Mouseketeer
Are the fastpass machines at the entrence to each of the rides that have them or are they all lumped together somwhere else in the park?
It was mentioned on another forum that as the machines are not "connected" it is perfectly possible to get fastpasses for all 5 rides at the same time as the fastpass machines do not know that you already hold one?? :confused3

Is it my actual park ticket that goes into the machine and does the time of my pass come out on a seperate bit of paper or is it stamped onto my actual park ticket? :earsgirl:
Does anyone know?? :hyper2:

Hi tallym
The fastpass machines are located next to the rides that offer this service.They are clearly signposted and the map you can get on entering the parks will tell you which rides have them.
Each member of your party who want to ride needs to have their ticket put through the machine.Then your ticket will be returned to you along with a separate ticket which will say Fastpass on it along with the allocated timeslot.
I think you can get a fastpass for another ride two hours after you got the first one but you cannot get fastpasses for all the rides straight after one another.
Hope that makes sense.Someone will probably be able to explain it better!

tmp explained it very well, but there is one change now: a few years ago DLRP changed their Fastpass system so that now you can get Fastpasses for all the attractions at once, without having to wait a few hours from when you got the first one.

In the past, you had to wait 2hrs after you got your first Fastpass before you could get another, but now you can, say, get a Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain and then get one for Indiana Jones straight away. If you then wanted another fastpass for Big Thunder though, you'd have to wait a few hours (the time when another fastpass for that ride will be available is printed on the fastpass ticket you get from the machine).

Don't forget though - Fastpasses are subject to availability, so for rides like Big Thunder and Peter Pan's Flight (and probably Space Mountain: Mission 2 aswell now), the Fastpasses will be grabbed up very quickly and so you might not get chance to get more than one, so it's best to get them as early in the day as possible. :D

Thanks for that, I thought the you had to wait till the start of your fast pass window before you could get another. I'll make good use of this in the summer :)

Reid

Thanks for that info dlrpm.
You always learn something new on this board:)
I will be dashing from one fastpass machine to the next as soon as we get to the parks :teeth:

Yes, Thanks so much for that! :flower:
I thought I had read something like that but no one here had mentioned it so I thought it might be wrong.
I wonder how many people in dlp have no idea about this and lose out.. :earseek:

wow - that's news to me too!! Will certainly bear it in mind next time - thanks!! :sunny:

I just assumed that the fastpasses worked like at WDW, you could not get another one until the start of your existing fastpass window.

I kept reading advice to get fastpasses early because they "run out" and couldn't understand that, well now I can! Thanks for the info, dlrpm, we will be grateful to you because I know it will be busy in August! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter