Fastpasses at tiered parks

lookame

DIS Veteran
I am trying to prioritize fastpasses and make it so we aren't walking all over the parks each day nd am finding it frustraiting. So Hollywood Studios and Epcot have tiered fastpasses. I can manage Hollywood Studios (although we're still walking all over the park) but Epcot I'm having trouble with. If I only grab one fastpass now and after it's used on our park day can I grab the next tier one fastpass? Is that worth it or would that be a waste?

Are you asking if you book just one Tier 1 FP in advance for Epcot and then use it on that day, can you immediately thereafter book another FP for a Tier 1 attraction at Epcot? No, you cannot. You need to use 3 FPs and then you can book as many Tier 1 FPs that might be available, albeit one at a time.

Can always prebook some throwaway Tier 2 FPs as part of your original 3 FPs to get closer to your 4th (and 5th, 6th, etc) FP options.

I am trying to prioritize fastpasses and make it so we aren't walking all over the parks each day nd am finding it frustraiting. So Hollywood Studios and Epcot have tiered fastpasses. I can manage Hollywood Studios (although we're still walking all over the park) but Epcot I'm having trouble with. If I only grab one fastpass now and after it's used on our park day can I grab the next tier one fastpass? Is that worth it or would that be a waste?
You have to use your first 3 FP's prior to adding an additional tier 1 FP.

Are you asking if you book just one Tier 1 FP in advance for Epcot and then use it on that day, can you immediately thereafter book another FP for a Tier 1 attraction at Epcot? No, you cannot. You need to use 3 FPs and then you can book as many Tier 1 FPs that might be available, albeit one at a time.

Yup! What they said! :thumbsup2

Hm so better to book two others like journey into imagination and turtle talk.

Side note...is Captain EO still at Epcot? Just out of curiosity...

Hm so better to book two others like journey into imagination and turtle talk.

Side note...is Captain EO still at Epcot? Just out of curiosity...

Yikes, no, Captain EO flew off into cyberspace awhile ago, like December 2015?

Yikes, no, Captain EO flew off into cyberspace awhile ago, like December 2015?

Lol when we went for my sons 5th birthday trip my parents were like “let’s ride this” ever since it’s been a joke between my husband and I. What a wild ride that one was.... :D

Lol when we went for my sons 5th birthday trip my parents were like “let’s ride this” ever since it’s been a joke between my husband and I. What a wild ride that one was.... :D

The Capt EO building is now Pixar Shorts. 3 short pixar films that you watch in the theater. Nothing amazing that you couldn't find online, but it's a nice sit down break. The shorts are pretty good too

OP FYI AK also has tiered FPs. (The 2 Pandora rides are tier 1.) Only MK doesn't.

I've always found that interesting that MK doesn't tier their rides. I wonder why that is? I'm thankful, because it makes it easier to plan FP in certain lands on certain days.

OP, for our Epcot day, we landed a Frozen FP+, but made it for just after lunch (1pm). We knew we'd be done with Future World after the morning. We did our Frozen FP+ then were able to leisure walk the World Showcase for the afternoon, eat dinner there and watch Illuminations.

OP, for our Epcot day, we landed a Frozen FP+, but made it for just after lunch (1pm). We knew we'd be done with Future World after the morning. We did our Frozen FP+ then were able to leisure walk the World Showcase for the afternoon, eat dinner there and watch Illuminations.
This what we do, as well. But sometimes, we'll take a break as we stay at an EPCOT Resort. Before we leave we can generally find a FP for the evening. Then when we return, we can see WS at night and have at least one ride before Illuminations.

I've always found that interesting that MK doesn't tier their rides. I wonder why that is? I'm thankful, because it makes it easier to plan FP in certain lands on certain days.
I think its because in MK there are many very popular rides (SM, Buzz, BTMRR, 7DMT, PP, HM, PoTC, JC) that dilute the crowd somewhat.
In EPCOT, currently, there are only 3 ( Soarin, TT, FEA). When Ratatouille and GOTG open, that may change.

If you let us know what you are hoping to ride at EP, perhaps we can help you with your selections!

WE have an early morning pre park opening reservation at garden grill so were hoping to eat then walk onto soarin. The rides we most would like to ride are test track, soarin and frozen ever after. We enjoy doing figment and the nemo rides and turtle talk but never found that we required to get fastpasses for these rides. That being said I figure I'd make fastpasses for test track living with the land and turtle talk.

I think its because in MK there are many very popular rides (SM, Buzz, BTMRR, 7DMT, PP, HM, PoTC, JC) that dilute the crowd somewhat.
In EPCOT, currently, there are only 3 ( Soarin, TT, FEA). When Ratatouille and GOTG open, that may change.

That makes perfect sense! Many more rides to choose from so tiering isn't necessary. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter