• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpasses prior to MVMCP

Belfastgal

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

So we've booked tickets for MVMCP. I should point out that this is the only Disney we will do while we're in Orlando. We don't have day tickets or any other type tickets for the Disney parks. It's a family member who has booked the MVMCP tickets and from what I understand he's just received an email with a bar code that he needs to take to the wristband distribution centre on the day of the party itself.

From what I've read, it seems you can book a few fastpasses prior to the party starting at 7. We intend to arrive at 4 and hope to get at least a couple of fastpasses before the party kicks in. What I'm curious to know is how do we actually scan ourselves into the rides we've fastpassed if we don't have physical tickets? If we arrive at 4 and say, have a fastpass to use at 5, do we enter the fastpass line using the wristband? How does it work?

Hello all!

So we've booked tickets for MVMCP. I should point out that this is the only Disney we will do while we're in Orlando. We don't have day tickets or any other type tickets for the Disney parks. It's a family member who has booked the MVMCP tickets and from what I understand he's just received an email with a bar code that he needs to take to the wristband distribution centre on the day of the party itself.

From what I've read, it seems you can book a few fastpasses prior to the party starting at 7. We intend to arrive at 4 and hope to get at least a couple of fastpasses before the party kicks in. What I'm curious to know is how do we actually scan ourselves into the rides we've fastpassed if we don't have physical tickets? If we arrive at 4 and say, have a fastpass to use at 5, do we enter the fastpass line using the wristband? How does it work?

Reserve FPs in MDX. Link tickets in MDX. Link Magic Bands in MDX. Use whatever you used to enter the park to enter FP queues.

Reserve FPs in MDX. Link tickets in MDX. Link Magic Bands in MDX. Use whatever you used to enter the park to enter FP queues.

That's the point though, we aren't staying onsite so we won't have magic bands. I know we have a confirmation email which we show when we arrive for the party but I wasn't sure if that gets exchanged for a physical ticket to enter the park, or whether we are just given a wristband for the event itself?

You can go to guest services for a hard RFID ticket card that you will use to enter the park and for fastpasses. It’s functions the same as a magic band but not on your arm all day.

One more suggestion, you can make your first fastpass start at say 3:30 but then use it after 4 (closer to the end of the window at 4:30). It gives you a little more wiggle room with the times for your other two fastpasses so you can use three before the party.

@Wish Upon A Starbucks This is perfect and exactly what I hoped would be the case! Thank you :) Do we get the RFID ticket and wristband from guest services? Or are the wristbands distributed elsewhere?

Last edited:
You would get the RFID card at guest services but I don’t think they would have the party wristbands. They usually give those as you enter the park or you can typically pick them up a few places inside the park but I’m not sure of those locations for 2019.

When you arrive at the park starting at 4pm, there is a special line for party ticket guests (there will be a sign). That is where you get the wristbands.

The in-park wristband distribution is for people who enter earlier in the day on a regular park ticket and stay for the party--but you will get your wristband as you enter the park since you are entering on a party ticket.

Also, don't forget if you have magic bands from a prior onsite visit that are still active in your MDE, you can use those.

When you arrive at the park starting at 4pm, there is a special line for party ticket guests (there will be a sign). That is where you get the wristbands.

The in-park wristband distribution is for people who enter earlier in the day on a regular park ticket and stay for the party--but you will get your wristband as you enter the park since you are entering on a party ticket.

Also, don't forget if you have magic bands from a prior onsite visit that are still active in your MDE, you can use those.

@momoftwins so we go to guest services first, get our tickets for the party and then onto the wristband distribution line?

Just so I understand this correctly, can a person get fastpasses during the 4-7pm window without using another ticket besides the party ticket?

We are doing two park days after a Disney cruise. One MVMCP and the next day at Epcot. We'd love to get some afternoon fastpasses after arriving for MVMCP, but don't want to waste our one day tickets ment for the next day.

Just so I understand this correctly, can a person get fastpasses during the 4-7pm window without using another ticket besides the party ticket?

We are doing two park days after a Disney cruise. One MVMCP and the next day at Epcot. We'd love to get some afternoon fastpasses after arriving for MVMCP, but don't want to waste our one day tickets ment for the next day.
If the only park you do is the party ( your not going to the MK as day guest or any other park that day) you should be able to make FP during the grace area before the party starts Just know Disney can chance how they do things so keep this in mind

Why do I feel like when I was reading about MVMCP tickets that, besides the $100 ticket, you also had to a have a park admission ticket for that day? Did I read that incorrectly?

Be sure to link the party ticket to your My Disney Experience account and (if you have other tickets linked for future use) prioritize the party ticket to be used first, before entering the park using your Magic Band for the party.

When you arrive after 4 PM for the party you do not need hopping privileges to come from another park, or for that matter you do not need any other ticket.

Why do I feel like when I was reading about MVMCP tickets that, besides the $100 ticket, you also had to a have a park admission ticket for that day? Did I read that incorrectly?

If you are attending MVMCP, you do not need regular park admission. Just a MVMCP ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter