• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite all time single item you've had at Disney?

The duck at Monsieur Paul with a dessert of La Vacherin with a nice port (sorry don't remember the specific one they paired it with) after a long day in the park. It wasn't too heavy and was really a solid tasting meal. I hope the post-Covid Monsieur Paul is still a solid restaurant.

This may be unpopular, but I'm going with the Ronto Wrap. It's one of the cheapest things at WDW, and I think it's just amazing when you're starving and stressed. It's a well-thought out, filling entree that has it all. The theme in the looks and the complicated flavors you won't find anywhere else. The texture of the bread and meats, it's an experience.

And I don't even care about Star Wars and have to go to Batuu to get it.

I'm from a foodie city, and I have been disappointed with all the expensive food at WDW.

Last edited:

Mine is similar. The first time I had shrimp and grit was a few years ago at The Boathouse. I fell in love with the dish, and then they got rid of it. None of the others match up.

Shrimp n Grits is currently on the Boathouse weekend brunch menu. :)

My favorite Disney item is the Dole Whip Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Pretty simple, but perfect.

My wife absolutely loves the bread pudding at Raglan, as well as the shepherds pie. I love their OMG burger. We all get to pick one specific place to eat for dinner, and Raglan Road is my go-to. The 24oz beers just outside the entrance are great distractions while you wait also. =P

The Boathouse and Olivia's used to have great Shrimp and Grits, so of course the recipe has been changed. Recent orders have been disappointing, dumbed down ingredient wise. Olivia's took it off the menu and the Boathouse has been very disappointing the last two trips. Food quality was just not there. Used to be a must do for us.

Artist Point used to have a bison steak that was amazing....probably my favorite steak WDW has had.

The gobi manchurian at Tiffins is my favorite side at WDW (can also usually get it at Nomad Lounge).

BOMA:Butternut squash soup
Kona cafe: Macadamia Nut pancakes ohh the macadamia butter is incredible
Brown Derby: Cobb salad
Karmel Kuchen: Butter bar,gingerbread cookie and most everything else
France:grand Marnier slushy
That butternut squash soup is also available at Mara. Last I checked, it was available all day every day, which is a good thing since it's good for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack. They say that it comes from the same kitchen at both Boma and Mara, but I like it better at Mara, something about the relative price! And regarding the butter bar, I discovered on this trip that it's also available at Zuri's Sweet Spot at AK and at the Screen Door on the Boardwalk, but you can't beat the accompanying smell of the caramel at Karmel Kuchen.
My new favorite is at Satul'i Canteen, the grilled chicken with potato base and green onion topping.

Oh, I thought of another - the filet with mac and cheese at Jiko is delicious. We went for dinner one time, and it wasn't on the menu, and they still made it for me - I felt so special!

My favorite is actually the oak grilled salmon at Seasons in the Land Pavilion. I send my family on Soarin and then enjoy my salmon and people watching. It’s something I always really look forward to.

On our recent trip my DW and I went to Citricos and had the best steak I’ve had on property (filet mignon). It was a highlight of our trip and I’m looking forward to going back.

The fried chicken at Homecoming is another favourite.

California Grill had the best vegetarian & vegan menu, long before there were plant-based offerings pretty much everywhere. It was a full menu of probably 8 or 10 small plates, and you'd select 4 for your meal. My favorite item was the truffle-scented tofu roll. The last time I was there, I chose that as 2 of my 4 items. 😋

Scallops broiled in cream at Artist Point. That was part of the most amazing meal I've ever had in Disney World. I can still recall them, and it's been 35 years.
DH and I shared 4 appetizers. Those scallops, a wild game sampler (ostrich, antelope and something else), a sausage plate with elk and wild boar sausages and an apple slaw (I think), and a soup.

The next time we went, 2 years later, none of them were on the menu anymore :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter