Favorite all time single item you've had at Disney?

The lamb kefta appetizer at Sanaa along with the bread service, OMG!
Bread pudding dessert at 'Ohana and Sebastian's Bistro - both equally amazing!
Tiffins Surf and Turf scallops and steak entree, amazing, could have licked my plate. I had a hibiscus cocktail with vodka as well that was outstanding.

Scallops broiled in cream at Artist Point. That was part of the most amazing meal I've ever had in Disney World. I can still recall them, and it's been 35 years.
That sounds great. Only place I've seen scallops at WDW was Topolino, and they were pretty good. Went to Artist Point this summer, no scallops and the fish was meh. The vegetarian entree, however was amazing. It was like a million things that looked like a little forest. I was pretty impressed with it. The mushroom soup was also surprisingly good, and the tiny hunter's pie appetizer. I thought Artist Point was really solid, especially for being a prix fixe character meal.

When Jiko first opened, the Kenyan coffee barbeque apple jicama flatbread was an instant favorite. It left the menu, returned slightly tweaked (and not quite as good), then left again. Nothing compared to the original.
Jiko's filet mignon with red wine sauce over mac and cheese was absolutely amazing. I often ordered the coffee braised beef short rib with the mac and cheese subbed in - also wonderful - though the original short rib has changed sauces and preparation many times, and for me none have matched the original. A bottle of pinotage with the meal and throw in a pressed pot of Kenyan coffee at the end - the original Jiko was #1 for me.

Other favorites of all time?
- Queso Fundido at San Angel Inn
- Rainforest Cafe's Chicken Chimichanga appetizers
- Maya grill's original bread and pesto oil dip service (pre-2005)
- Concourse Steakhouse french onion soup and prime rib
- Artist's Point when it first opened had a selection of game meats such as venison, bison, and ostrich - the ostrich was absolutely wonderful!
- Chef Art Smith's chicken and cheddar drop biscuits
- Sebastian's in 2019 until the Pandemic closure - for that brief time, they overhauled the menu and were a proper sit-down restaurant - the jerk chicken with dark rum glaze over cilantro rice with pull apart rolls and guava butter was excellent. I had a new regular restaurant to add to my list! Then I returned in 2021 to find it had gone 'family style' - the pull apart rolls were still there but served cold and old, all the meats were dry and flavorless and vegetables all overdone like they came out of cafeteria trays - and no more jerk chicken. I had a new restaurant to wipe off my list!
- Liberty Tavern ooey gooey toffee cake

What does it say about me that all my favorites are desserts?!
  • Coppa di Brutti Ma Buoni at Via Napoli. Sadly this disappeared during the pandemic
  • Almond Crusted Cheesecake at Narcoossee's. Sadly this is closed for refurb
  • Spice Road Candybar at Sanaa
Pretty big fan of the potato-wrapped fish (grouper or snapper?) at Flying Fish if I need a savory entry.

I still dream about the Bison Striploin at The California Grill... I SO hope that it comes back if/ whenever they decide to do away with the prix fixe Disney World 50th and the upcoming Disney 100th celebrations.

It's hard to pick one and I'm been going to WDW since 1972 so I'm sure there were things I loved way back then but in the last 10-15 years or so I would have to say in no particular order...

Berry Cobbler - Artist Point
Fish en Papillote - Artist Point
Sticky Toffee Pudding - Rose and Crown - the previous version was better because there was more (a very tiny portion now)
Sustainable Fish in their "Signature" Tomato Butter sauce - Jiko

Three of these aren't available anymore since AP and the Sustainable Fish at Jiko (no tomato butter sauce) recipe have changed. :sad1: I'm looking forward to new additions to the list.

Honestly the only thing I still dream about is the Monte Cristo in Disneyland. It's been over 20 years and I've never had one as good as there. I've tried making them at home and they are good but nothing like enjoying them while sitting in the middle of the PotC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter